MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

cheng1

Reaction score
My SP4 is 1.5 years old.

It seems like the screen flicker is caused by heat,

I always underclock my cpu so I hope that can extend the screen life.

Fully agreed, when the flickering appeared, I turned on the living room fan to cool it, the flickering disappeared.

Now I also limit the cpu settings to lower the overall temperature. Hopefully will prolong the life of this replacement set.

abutan

Reaction score
My SP4 is 1.5 years old.

It seems like the screen flicker is caused by heat,

I always underclock my cpu so I hope that can extend the screen life.

can u share how to underclock the cpu? would like to extend the screenlife too.

kiddykong

Reaction score
COURTS@Causeway Point has a service counter by a 3rd-party provider. You can check over there

CHALLENGER also has such a service counter

:D
they told me need to pay for them to ''check'' my device, I think it was $80 flat no matter what. one more company to boycott

cheng1

Reaction score
Fully agreed, when the flickering appeared, I turned on the living room fan to cool it, the flickering disappeared.

Now I also limit the cpu settings to lower the overall temperature. Hopefully will prolong the life of this replacement set.

Replacement set starts to have flickering at cold boot up. The flickering occurs on start up after the surface pro is shutdown or hibernate for an hour or two.
The flickering will last for 5 to 10 mins depending on how fast the surface warm up.
Then the flickering will stop.

A different problem but a known problem in the Microsoft Surface forum.

Still have six months to go, still thinking whether to go for another exchange but changes of getting one without flickering is slim according to what others mentioned in the surface forum.
Sigh...

Never buy Microsoft products anymore.
No local service centre to call and call technical support through phone have to wait for more than 10mins still no body answer the call, just only full of advestiment.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No local service centre to call and call technical support through phone have to wait for more than 10mins still no body answer the call, just only full of advestiment.

Agree lah. MS ** products.

soupgoblin

Reaction score
Replacement set starts to have flickering at cold boot up. The flickering occurs on start up after the surface pro is shutdown or hibernate for an hour or two.
The flickering will last for 5 to 10 mins depending on how fast the surface warm up.

Still have six months to go, still thinking whether to go for another exchange but changes of getting one without flickering is slim according to what others mentioned in the surface forum.
Sigh...

Did you try the new microsoft store at millenia walk? Heard service in store is good, but totally sucks when trying to get online/phone support

currykai

Reaction score
upgrade ssd

anybody can guide to which shop in singapore can perform SSD upgrade for Surface pro 4?

mindgamey

Reaction score

Sigh...

I have lodged a complaint to CASE, hope they can help.

The solution provided by MS Singapore is less than acceptable

mindgamey

Reaction score
CASE won’t do jack shiat, MS sucks.

You dont know unless you try?

We all can complain everything here but there almost near certainty that it wont solve the(my) issue.

We have to seek other avenues and CASE(and small claims tribunal) is one of them (effective or not we shall see).

Unless someone here can categorically said they tried the CASE approach and it didnt then I stand corrected.

mindgamey

Reaction score
Can pm me how you did it?
I am thinking of this too.

Check pm.

Seriously, MS has lot all my goodwill. I asked about standard exchange and the procedures and was told to provide my own box and packaging at my own cost for this piece of ****.

I did rma with intel and I was provided the box and shipping labels yet MS can't do it even do it when we all paid top dollar to their devices.

Microshit!

AA1107

Reaction score
Surface Pro 4 Type Cover Issue

Hi, Anyone else here facing issues with surface pro 4 type cover after recent forced software update from MS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.