HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 12:09 AM   #3511

SP4 owners here, do anyone of you here experiencing serious screen flicker issues whereby half of my screen is flickering making the text/images hardly readable. If would be good to share with me if you guys manage to fix it. I have read thru many articles and tried most of the fix but have no luck on it. Worse is my warranty is over and heard that Microsoft will charge a expensive replacement fees.
for mine it happens when it gets hot. so cool it down and it be ok
Old 08-12-2017, 10:15 AM   #3512
Master Member

SP4 owners here, do anyone of you here experiencing serious screen flicker issues whereby half of my screen is flickering making the text/images hardly readable. If would be good to share with me if you guys manage to fix it. I have read thru many articles and tried most of the fix but have no luck on it. Worse is my warranty is over and heard that Microsoft will charge a expensive replacement fees.
me too. I did buy the extended warranty so I just got it replaced recently.

another thing I am doing with the new unit is to set the max CPU to 99 percent. this way turbo won't kick in and make the unit too hot.

works well for battery life and cooling too

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT
tkdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #3513
Master Member

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #3514
Arch-Supremacy Member

for mine it happens when it gets hot. so cool it down and it be ok
This sounds terrible. Hybrids like this tend to heat up a lot because it is very slim. So in short, you cannot put your SP4 under heavy load because there is no way you can keep it cool.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #3515
Arch-Supremacy Member

It looks cheaper, but I still don't think it is worth it. Because it comes neither with the pen, nor the keyboard. The keyboard will bring the cost up by another 200 bucks I believe? By the time you get the pen and keyboard, it is likely that you have spent pass 1k. If you go look for shops clearing older Acer/ Lenovo hybrids, you probably can find one may be a little more pricier, but with much better specs, and lower failure rate.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:24 PM   #3516

Depending on your use I think it is worth it for me, just brought it. Anyone here know if there a a flip cover, like the Smart Cover of the iPad for this surface pro?
goh5560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:52 PM   #3517
Master Member

Depending on your use I think it is worth it for me, just brought it. Anyone here know if there a a flip cover, like the Smart Cover of the iPad for this surface pro?
type cover. normal or alcantara

joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #3518

Can i check how are you going to use your Surface Pro 4 m3? I’m looking at Surface Pro i5 8gb 256SSD and MIIX 720 i5 8gb 512SSD (future proof) then chance upon the Surface Pro 4 m3 at $699 which set me thinking what can m3 do and whether can it meet my needs. I do a bit of number crunching on the go with MS Excel (possible of having 6 to 10 spreadsheets within one book)
ctchng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #3519
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can i check how are you going to use your Surface Pro 4 m3? I’m looking at Surface Pro i5 8gb 256SSD and MIIX 720 i5 8gb 512SSD (future proof) then chance upon the Surface Pro 4 m3 at $699 which set me thinking what can m3 do and whether can it meet my needs. I do a bit of number crunching on the go with MS Excel (possible of having 6 to 10 spreadsheets within one book)

The Surface 4 Pro m3 will not suit your usage is my opinion. I suggest you go read some reviews on it for objectivity.

The processor is built mainly for good battery life. For light usage, it will manage fine. MS Excel based on my personal usage pattern burns through ram and can be quite intensive on the processor depending on how you are using it. The SP4 Pro m3 falls short on both the processing power and 4GB ram.
Old 18-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #3520

With the $699 price tag, I think you cannot expect much. But as I said, if for light useage, which I think you are, don’t think it will be a problem. A full proof version to meet all need will cost double this price. For my case, I have a company PC that will meet this need, the surface pro 4 M3, is my secondary, for personal use, so it is good enough, it feel pretty good and fast for me for leisure use👍

Old 19-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #3521

Think the $699 offer is too attractive, found that it is already out of stock. So too late for those who is still thinking, luckily I brought liao😜
Old 19-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #3522
Arch-Supremacy Member

With the $699 price tag, I think you cannot expect much. But as I said, if for light useage, which I think you are, donít think it will be a problem. A full proof version to meet all need will cost double this price. For my case, I have a company PC that will meet this need, the surface pro 4 M3, is my secondary, for personal use, so it is good enough, it feel pretty good and fast for me for leisure use👍
I think it depends on how each person is planning to use their laptop/hybrid.

Having said that, 699 is actually not cheap considering if you get a keyboard cover and pen locally, the total damage is likely over 1K. Of course you could go for a conventional Bluetooth keyboard, but just comparing like for like with other competing brands which typically comes with keyboard and pen. I would have been happier to fork out another 300 to 400 bucks more for a more competent hybrid with better specs and longer warranty. In fact, I have seen both Acer Switch 12 and Lenovo Miix 520 around 1200 before with a proper i5 CPU, 8GB ram, and at least 256GB of storage.
Old 20-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #3523
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually hor, anyone encountered their surface pro 4 with flickering screen?

Mine is kanna...even after i updates all the graphic card drivers
Old 20-12-2017, 06:59 PM   #3524
High Supremacy Member

Common issue. Mine flickers too.

Sent from The Bottom Of My Broken Heart using GAGT
Velton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #3525
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually hor, anyone encountered their surface pro 4 with flickering screen?

Mine is kanna...even after i updates all the graphic card drivers
Refer to post #3511. I has been discussed very recently, but I am sure it is not a recent problem.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.