Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nvidia Shield Gaming Tablet

Like Tree80Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

the front facing speakers will be great for gaming for this tablet.
Won't bank on the stereo speakers to be honest. Given the size of the speakers, I personally think you will be better of with earphones or headset if you are sitting near the tablet to game.
watzup_ken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:00 AM   #17

I wonder if this tablet will be coming to sg?
zzcalvin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #18
High Supremacy Member

Very low chances.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Get the xiaomi mipad...same spec.
porcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #20
High Supremacy Member

Get the xiaomi mipad...same spec.
Unless can port the OS over, then it's just not the same..... It's not just the hardware in this case.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #21

You have to get it from US

Last edited by year2013; 11-08-2014 at 01:02 PM..
year2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unless can port the OS over, then it's just not the same..... It's not just the hardware in this case.
For gaming it will be the same as it will use the same API, etc.
porcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #23
High Supremacy Member

For gaming it will be the same as it will use the same API, etc.
No game streaming, no front facing speaker, no stylus, no hdmi out, no stock Android, no LTE option. Same specs my foot. It's like the saying, got mustache is your father.

I dunno lah.....i guess if someone already bought a mipad then they are obliged to push their own choice over others. Ok lah....everybody should just buy the Mipad since you got one. This Shield tablet sucks balls compared to your almighty mipad.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #24

stop comparing this with MiPad or iPads

Its amazing tablet for gamers + general users as well. I am using one myself, awaiting for Controller !!
if anyone interested in buying one - check here:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/el...l#post87732881
Old 11-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #25

No game streaming, no front facing speaker, no stylus, no hdmi out, no stock Android, no LTE option. Same specs my foot. It's like the saying, got mustache is your father.

I dunno lah.....i guess if someone already bought a mipad then they are obliged to push their own choice over others. Ok lah....everybody should just buy the Mipad since you got one. This Shield tablet sucks balls compared to your almighty mipad.
wah chill bro, not like he is pointing a gun at you to buy mipad..

i would say in terms of specs on paper, both tablets are identical, but design specs wise, shield is designed for gamers while mipad is designed for media consumptions.

Ultimately mipad is value for money for those who are on budget, but if one is willing to splurge abit, shield is a better choice for both gaming and media consumption.

Likewise, those who bought mipad (or simply any other android tablets) need not be left out of the game streaming capability, for apps like Limelight is the Gamestream for non nvidia devices...

Cheers.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

For budget conscious, I think the Mipad is a good buy, though availability is very limited.

For the Shield Tablet, I think its fairly valued. For USD 299 for the base model, you can still consider expanding the storage via the SD card slot. For me, I will choose the Shield Tablet cause of the gaming centric features, and the mini HDMI out is a great feature for me. Tablets nowadays always omit this which is great for displaying shows/ games on a big screen. MHL is not the best alternative for me. Also, not all TV supports MHL connection.
watzup_ken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #27
High Supremacy Member

wah chill bro, not like he is pointing a gun at you to buy mipad..

i would say in terms of specs on paper, both tablets are identical, but design specs wise, shield is designed for gamers while mipad is designed for media consumptions.

Ultimately mipad is value for money for those who are on budget, but if one is willing to splurge abit, shield is a better choice for both gaming and media consumption.

Likewise, those who bought mipad (or simply any other android tablets) need not be left out of the game streaming capability, for apps like Limelight is the Gamestream for non nvidia devices...

Cheers.
Like I said, different is different. Just because it uses the same SOC and that he chose to purchase the mipad doesn't suddenly make it the same.

I don't go around telling people all flagship phones from LG, Samsung, HTC all the same because they all use the same Snapdragon SOC right? It's just common sense.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #28

How many of you actually using it? Have u found the controller?
Old 12-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #29
High Supremacy Member

For budget conscious, I think the Mipad is a good buy, though availability is very limited.

For the Shield Tablet, I think its fairly valued. For USD 299 for the base model, you can still consider expanding the storage via the SD card slot. For me, I will choose the Shield Tablet cause of the gaming centric features, and the mini HDMI out is a great feature for me. Tablets nowadays always omit this which is great for displaying shows/ games on a big screen. MHL is not the best alternative for me. Also, not all TV supports MHL connection.
Huh? I thought MHL is basically micro usb to HDMI standard like Slimport? I could use MHL on a very old plasma that existed even before the MHL standard was on the scene.
Old 15-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #30

Will they release this in sg? And if they how much would it cost? i want to buy it. But they dont do shipment here also.
charliesia17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.