Nvidia Shield Gaming Tablet

osmond19

Reaction score
Excellent, just noticed i had a weird yellowish spot on a corner of the screen. If i didn't play Real Racing 3, I wouldn't even have noticed it in the black/dark coloured background.

Have already contacted Amazon for a replacement. First time have return something for replacement...hope it all goes well. What delivery options would you recommend?
I'm also thinking of return for a replacement too. Do we have the pay for the shipping fee ourselves to ship to and fro?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm also thinking of return for a replacement too. Do we have the pay for the shipping fee ourselves to ship to and fro?

We pay the return shipping first. AMAZON say they will reimburse later. I just sent back mine this morning using registered parcel at Singpost.I then emailed them the tracking number and postage cost. Pretty anxious that everything will go well as its my first time having to get a replacement so I'm hoping I mailed it correctly.

Amazon has already dispatched the replacement.

osmond19

Reaction score
We pay the return shipping first. AMAZON say they will reimburse later. I just sent back mine this morning using registered parcel at Singpost.I then emailed them the tracking number and postage cost. Pretty anxious that everything will go well as its my first time having to get a replacement so I'm hoping I mailed it correctly.

Amazon has already dispatched the replacement.
So you have to buy first and then they will reimburse. Do you charge you for sending the replacement set?

Is the set that u sent back got warm/ yellowish screen?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you have to buy first and then they will reimburse. Do you charge you for sending the replacement set?

Is the set that u sent back got warm/ yellowish screen?

No, the replacement set is free. They will create a replacement order of 0 dollars to send back to you. You just need to pay back for the return shipping first which they will reimburse after you email them the receipt and tracking number.

No mine has a yellow circular spot on the LCD screen. Its visible and obvious when seen against a white/grey colour background. I didn't notice it at first against the black/dark coloured theme of the home screen until I was playing a game which had a lighter background. I thought it was something wrong with the game but when I exit the application and downloaded a screen tester, I can see the spot clearly when it cycled to a white backdrop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j62dg0sedyembxz/2014-12-07 01.50.56.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7s04dzb5o31jlt/2014-12-07 01.56.42.jpg?dl=0

Top right corner, just below the clock in the second picture.

osmond19

Reaction score
No, the replacement set is free. They will create a replacement order of 0 dollars to send back to you. You just need to pay back for the return shipping first which they will reimburse after you email them the receipt and tracking number.

No mine has a yellow circular spot on the LCD screen. Its visible and obvious when seen against a white/grey colour background. I didn't notice it at first against the black/dark coloured theme of the home screen until I was playing a game which had a lighter background. I thought it was something wrong with the game but when I exit the application and downloaded a screen tester, I can see the spot clearly when it cycled to a white backdrop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j62dg0sedyembxz/2014-12-07 01.50.56.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7s04dzb5o31jlt/2014-12-07 01.56.42.jpg?dl=0

Top right corner, just below the clock in the second picture.
I might need to return cos till now they haven't send the codes yet. The other way is I return and they sent me a new set with the codes. Anyway, do u feel that your screen is on the warmer side?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I might need to return cos till now they haven't send the codes yet. The other way is I return and they sent me a new set with the codes. Anyway, do u feel that your screen is on the warmer side?

I didn't even have the chance to notice that. Moment i see the yellow spot, i immediately take pictures and contacted Amazon. It was still first day. After that pack everything back in the box after deleting my data.

No use hanging on and hoping the spot will disappear as it shouldn't have been there in the first place. The faster I contact them, the faster can get replacement set. But now still have to wait a week more before it will arrive. Hopefully it will come before end of the year.

osmond19

Reaction score
I didn't even have the chance to notice that. Moment i see the yellow spot, i immediately take pictures and contacted Amazon. It was still first day. After that pack everything back in the box after deleting my data.

No use hanging on and hoping the spot will disappear as it shouldn't have been there in the first place. The faster I contact them, the faster can get replacement set. But now still have to wait a week more before it will arrive. Hopefully it will come before end of the year.
They requested to give them another 2 more working days to sort that out. If I still didn't receive the code, I will ask to return for an replacement. If I did that last Friday, I will have receive the tablet and code. Haiz...

osmond19

Reaction score
Bro guile, I have to ship back the tablet cos of the missing games code. How much does it cost via singpost to send back? U cut all the label that they emailed you and pasted it all over the box?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update for those who are interested:

Well ... I just did it. Successfully flashed the RoW recovery image on the Shield Tablet LTE set which I purchased from US via Ebay. I'm still in the process of restoring but so far everything seems to be working fine.

Confirmed 2 things during the flashing of recovery image,

1) Issues of Cellular/Sim Card on the US LTE set is almost certainly Lollipop firmware related. No problems on FW 4.4.2

Edit: After factory reset/clear cache, SIM problem is resolved.

2) Problem of Wi-Fi authentication error after sharing files via Super Beam ( Wi-Fi direct ) is also resolved after revert to 4.4.2

I think I will be sticking with 4.4.2 for now with the added bonus of file managers working on Kit Kat.

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro guile, I have to ship back the tablet cos of the missing games code. How much does it cost via singpost to send back? U cut all the label that they emailed you and pasted it all over the box?

It costs about $44++ using registered mail. I wasn't sure which ones to paste and which one not to, so I pasted all except the one they mention to put inside the box, all over outside the box.

I'm not sure if it's the correct way and the Singpost person wasn't sure too and told me to check what's in the intructions.

bundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got my UK shield..think will not upgrade to lollipop first..

Sent from GAGT Android App

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They really made you do that? Strange. They sent me the code via email after I asked them and Nvidia.

On a side note, HL2 : Episode 1 is released on Play Store.

osmond19

Reaction score
They really made you do that? Strange. They sent me the code via email after I asked them and Nvidia.

On a side note, HL2 : Episode 1 is released on Play Store.
Initially, they said they will check with their fulfillment team and get back in 1 day time. But didn't, so I emailed and chased them. Then asked for another 2 days, still didn't come back. They just kept asking me to wait and wait till 1 week later, I talked to the CSO again via chat and they said must go back to the manufacturer but gave me leadtek url.

Got very angry and asked for a return and replacement set which the first guy initially suggested.

Do you have Nvidia's contact? How to contact them?

I'm really very surprise for the poor service by Amazon UK.

osmond19

Reaction score
It costs about $44++ using registered mail. I wasn't sure which ones to paste and which one not to, so I pasted all except the one they mention to put inside the box, all over outside the box.

I'm not sure if it's the correct way and the Singpost person wasn't sure too and told me to check what's in the intructions.

Anyway bro, have you got the replacement set? Does it come with the codes for the games?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway bro, have you got the replacement set? Does it come with the codes for the games?

The replacement set eta is 19th December. It's on its way. But they have already refunded me the postage though the exchange rate sucks and I get lesser than what I paid (they returned in pounds to the bank which the bank converts to SGD).

osmond19

Reaction score
The replacement set eta is 19th December. It's on its way. But they have already refunded me the postage though the exchange rate sucks and I get lesser than what I paid (they returned in pounds to the bank which the bank converts to SGD).
Possible to ask them to refund in SGD instead? Anyway, how do u notify them on the return shipment fee? I tried to search high n low from Amazon website but can't find it.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possible to ask them to refund in SGD instead? Anyway, how do u notify them on the return shipment fee? I tried to search high n low from Amazon website but can't find it.

Just chat with them, the cso you chat with will email you. Then reply to his email with the receipt.

Don't think can cos their currency is pounds. Just gotta bare with the poor exchange rate.

bundy

Master Member
Reaction score
5f46797b-bbab-4c23-bbaf-ce3757ef714016709492.jpg

Got it..and finally open up...

Sent from GAGT Android App

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received my replacement tab this afternoon. Hope no issues this time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.