Nvidia Shield Gaming Tablet

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No issue on mine after 2 months usage without a case.
Annoying memory leaks and sim issue with lollipop though.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, do you all have problems with your shield's wifi?
Mine seems pretty cranky. sometimes can connect. sometimes cannot. and sometimes it can see the wifi hotspot. but just doesn't want to connect. zzz

I hardly use Wi-Fi hotspot nowadays so can't really say but connectivity to my 2.4ghz only router seems pretty stable.

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
I hardly use Wi-Fi hotspot nowadays so can't really say but connectivity to my 2.4ghz only router seems pretty stable.
yeah. I'm going to try on another wifi connection at another place.
I'm not at home. so i can't try at my home wifi.

Hotel wifi very lousy. so can't be sure if its the tablet or the wifi... zzz

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also got the update today. Haven't tested it out. Wonder if it solves my Wi-Fi issues. But then again, doesn't matter, Amazon is sending me a replacement. Lol. Now just worried will it be worse?

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updated mine, same findings as others, the red now looks orangey under SRGB colour profile. Native looks fine though.

So far i haven't heard the deadly squealing of the GPU when playing games. There's still a little slowdown when playing RR3 at the LeMans circuit but its a huge improvement.

There's a slight improvement in battery life on non-airplane mode. Airplane mode with Wifi enabled still gives the best standby battery life when at home.

I'm using UK LTE version.

hipsiongeh

Reaction score
any shield owner got the cracked edges problem ?

My screen cracked after overnight charging ! ... The crack wasn't there when I used it for reading at night. The next morning, I saw the crack.

The corner (at the stylus edge) also popped open.

Going to drop nvidia support a mail, but not too sure how the warranty or such is going to play out.

nightkids7089

Banned
Reaction score
My screen cracked after overnight charging ! ... The crack wasn't there when I used it for reading at night. The next morning, I saw the crack.

The corner (at the stylus edge) also popped open.

Going to drop nvidia support a mail, but not too sure how the warranty or such is going to play out.

read some forums and comments about this cracked bezel and discoloured screen problem....scare me away....dare not buy :(:(:(

actually i'm very tempted to get one de...:(:(:(

bonkeng

Reaction score
read some forums and comments about this cracked bezel and discoloured screen problem....scare me away....dare not buy :(:(:(

actually i'm very tempted to get one de...:(:(:(

I had mine for 6 months now, and i heavily use it every day (estimated use 5hrs daily), charge overnight daily, no cracks no nothing and screen still looks new.

Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe people are just blowing this out of proportion.

dereth

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question...

If I get an unlocked LTE shield from US, will it work with a local SIM (Singtel) and...

If it works, will it be 4g or just 3g?

Thanks!

dereth

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question...

If I get an unlocked LTE shield from US, will it work with a local SIM (Singtel) and...

If it works, will it be 4g or just 3g?

Thanks!

Sorry, urgent answer needed if anyone can help. I'm en route to US this weekend and have to order now if I want it to deliver in time. I've googled and can't find any answer. Please help!

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, urgent answer needed if anyone can help. I'm en route to US this weekend and have to order now if I want it to deliver in time. I've googled and can't find any answer. Please help!
It's short of band 3, only has band 7 for the US model, but you should still get LTE.

But I have the UK set, so I can't tell u for sure. :( Long story short, get UK version.

Last edited:

rockdjlow

Reaction score
just to confirm before ordering from online. the LTE version can work on singapore telecom network?

has anyone have LTE version over this thread ?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to confirm before ordering from online. the LTE version can work on singapore telecom network?

has anyone have LTE version over this thread ?

Use the search function. Answer is in the thread.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.