HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old Samsung Tab Pro 8.4

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #1

Old Samsung Tab Pro 8.4

Hi all,

Appreciate your advice. I have an old samsung tab pro 8.4 having some battery related issue which started a week ago. It drained battery very fast - from 100% to 15% in less than 30min for web browsing only. Sometimes, it would charge up very fast (from 10% to 95%) in less than 30 min (powered on).

I read online that it can be due to (1) battery problem, (2) cracked battery connector, (3) software related. I have done a factory reset but the problem still exist. So i assume it due to a hardware issue.

Should i repair it (any suggestion where and estimated cost), or just change a new one? I mainly use it for web surfing, and videos (no gaming).

Thanks
tohtzeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Seems like the same problem I had. I just got a replacement battery from AliExpress to replace and so far the battery life is great.

Only cost me about 12USD with free shipping. Only difficult part is the removal of the back case to change the battery. Youtube has some video of the teardown.

Last edited by Elvin_Chong; 16-11-2017 at 09:57 AM..
Elvin_Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #3

Same problem, waiting for my battery from taobao and diy.
Victory088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.