Problem with my portable powerbank battery.

prodigalSon

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i jus bought a valore powerbank recently and using my original samsung tab cable to plug into my tab, it does not charge at all. Could it be compatibility issues? I thought that since it could charge my handphone it shouldn't have any problem charging the other mobile devices. Its just battery anyway right? Anyone have similar issues with these types of portable powerbank batteries?

pustefix

Reaction score
I believe you need to use charging only cables (with Data pins shorted) with powerbank to get max current. Basically, in order to cater to iOS device charging, powerbanks and a lot of 3rd party chargers will not short the data pin on the charger. Android devices which adhere to the USB charging spec will only get 0.5A from these chargers using normal data/charge cable. You will need charging only cables (no data transfer) in order to get max current from these chargers.

prodigalSon

Reaction score
hi, thanx for e reply.

Meaning to say dat i need to purchase a cable which is only meant for data charging and not data transfer, is dat right? btw what does shorted pins meant? Sorry as im not a very technical person.

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i jus bought a valore powerbank recently and using my original samsung tab cable to plug into my tab, it does not charge at all. Could it be compatibility issues? I thought that since it could charge my handphone it shouldn't have any problem charging the other mobile devices. Its just battery anyway right? Anyone have similar issues with these types of portable powerbank batteries?

Which tab are u using?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.