HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Puzzled as to why you guys use agents for taobao?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Puzzled as to why you guys use agents for taobao?

I am very puzzled why a lot of threads I read in this subforum talk about using agents ( to purchase on taobao on your behalf) at exchange rate of 1SGD=4.75RMB for example when taobao.com accept international credit card (aka 1SGD=5RMB)...

Anyone can enlighten on the benefits?
michael_thm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #2

I am very puzzled why a lot of threads I read in this subforum talk about using agents ( to purchase on taobao on your behalf) at exchange rate of 1SGD=4.75RMB for example when taobao.com accept international credit card (aka 1SGD=5RMB)...

Anyone can enlighten on the benefits?
Taobao only started accepting International CC recently Some agents do allow you to pay yourself and shipped to their office or warehouse.
seasonscrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the answer.

So their shipping service is cheaper than vpost china ah?

do share the names of a couple of these reshippers thanks. wanna to save some shipping cost too.
michael_thm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #4

vpost china cheaper? anyone know how to insert the telephone details for vpost china onto taobao account ?
nakamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #5

Language barrier. Not everyone is fluent.
apostrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #6

Thanks for the answer.

So their shipping service is cheaper than vpost china ah?

do share the names of a couple of these reshippers thanks. wanna to save some shipping cost too.
Taobao agents you can refer to Taobao Agent in Singapore Recommendation

shipping from agents with company are normally cheaper (if u collect from MRT/office) compared to vpost or freelance redirect agent.

Agents with company normally packed together a few orders from different people then have them shipped to their Singapore office. This is works somewhat like a spree but much faster as there are lesser waiting time.

Freelance direct agent normally provide a faster service as they have the China shipped to them, upon recieve they mailed it to your address.

Spree is the slowest, as you have to wait for everyone to give their orders & payments, normally 3-10days wait. Then the organizer will send all orders to an agent or someone in China. After the sellers send to the local agents, the items will be sent to the organizer. The organizer will then check and email/sms all parties on collection and any outstanding payment. Which can take another couple days.

vpost china cheaper? anyone know how to insert the telephone details for vpost china onto taobao account ?
Mine is registered via email (I think it's for overseas buyer). Telephone u can use an agent or vpost numbers. Vpost more people know than those agents, so tend to be more comfortable. BUT it doesn't mean the service is good.

I'm using sgshop, their service and speed like varies. I'd kinda developed a habit to remind/push them so as to get things done faster
seasonscrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #7

Ani1 have this prob with Taobao? They suspend both my acc and nid A HP to verify. Saying is some security check thingy. Now i cant access both my acc cos they wnt accept international No. Zzzzzz
Old 04-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #8

hey!

i am starting a spree for taobao items.

i am located in hong kong so i will use hong kong post which is pretty reliable - i've been using it to send items home. the items should reach within 2 weeks by air mail. if you want registered post, it will be an additional SGD $5.

shipping rates to Singapore (for air mail) are as follow:
first 300g ------ SGD $6
every subsequent 300g ---- SGD $4.50

if you're buying in bulk~ 5 to 10kg or more, we can work out the shipping cost according to hong kong post charges. sea shipping is possible too. yeps.

some taobao stores charge a shipping rate within China as well. you will be able to see it when you click on the product. you can select to ship to Shenzhen where i will collect the products from. this cost will be added to the total cost as well.

so, how it works is. total cost = item cost (with shipping to shenzhen) + international shipping fees to Singapore + 6% handling fee.

if you're interested email me at rebeccas.basket[at]yahoo.com.sg the URL of the item(s) you want to purchase and the details. you can also whatsapp me at +852 51155701.

))

Rebecca
xrebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #9
Master Member

I don't think I can type correct Chinese lol so in the event of a conflict or etc, it's troublesome for me. Some agent can do the refund on your behalf and negotiate with them. Sort of paying for their "service" if anything god wrong. Not saying that they will pay for u but rather help u with the process.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #10

Hi there,
If you love taobao goods, you might want to take a look at fashion avenue (www.f-avenue.net) which sells goods similar to taobao.. it offers free delivery to singapore and items r mostly below $15. Save e hassel to read chinese and worry about international shipment.
Freedom123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #11

Hi there,
If you love taobao goods, you might want to take a look at fashion avenue (Fashion Avenue) which sells goods similar to taobao.. it offers free delivery to singapore and items r mostly below $15. Save e hassel to read chinese and worry about international shipment.
Please dont advertise your shop here.It is no where near taobao goods.
kikham is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.