HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Book 2-in-1 - 12 inch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #16
High Supremacy Member

I think the Galaxy Book is also fanless. SP is more functional but the screen cannot compare with the Book's amazing OLED.
This one got fan

Sent from Htc NEXUS 9 using GAGT
fortunecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Is Windows tablet mode useful at all? Windows mobile/tablet apps seem to lag behind apple/Android by a lot.

If only there is a good Android + Windows desktop 2 in 1

Old 30-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #18

Is Windows tablet mode useful at all? Windows mobile/tablet apps seem to lag behind apple/Android by a lot.

If only there is a good Android + Windows desktop 2 in 1

Actually, with bigger screen (12 inch), most things can be done on a browser without relying on apps. Even if you need a software program (ie. exe instead of app), you can download it. Multi tasking is definitely better on Windows 10. Booting up and shutting down is also faster, which you will not hesitate to shutdown it to conserve battery when not in use. But for android tablet, it takes time time to boot up and shutdown and if you don't shutdown, it drains battery when not in use and you would not use it as often as your mobile phone to want to charge it everyday like your mobile phone.

I have the predecessor (Tab Pro S) and I love it. I use it sitting down on a desk or cafe. Many have complained that the keyboard case can only have 2 positions and one is either too high and the other one is too low. However, the too low position is great for me as it is like a tablet mode and the visible part of the keyboard is shorter so that you can place the screen much nearer you to enjoy the beautiful 12 inch 2K OLED screen like the size of a 14 inch and use the keyboard to conveniently type when it is necessary. As I am too lazy to touch the screen often, I always use a mouse. It's great for leisure use and I don't think an Android tablet or a Windows Notebook can bring about the same satisfaction on a desk.

I also bought the Pen but it is not a S Pen and does not have the accompanied S Pen menu like those in the Tab S3 or Note series. Also, I can't install Photoshop as the Core M3 processor is not powerful enough. That is why this Galaxy Book, with a Core i5 processor & a S Pen, interests me.
lamtw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 11:04 PM   #19
High Supremacy Member

Actually, with bigger screen (12 inch), most things can be done on a browser without relying on apps. Even if you need a software program (ie. exe instead of app), you can download it. Multi tasking is definitely better on Windows 10. Booting up and shutting down is also faster, which you will not hesitate to shutdown it to conserve battery when not in use. But for android tablet, it takes time time to boot up and shutdown and if you don't shutdown, it drains battery when not in use and you would not use it as often as your mobile phone to want to charge it everyday like your mobile phone.

I have the predecessor (Tab Pro S) and I love it. I use it sitting down on a desk or cafe. Many have complained that the keyboard case can only have 2 positions and one is either too high and the other one is too low. However, the too low position is great for me as it is like a tablet mode and the visible part of the keyboard is shorter so that you can place the screen much nearer you to enjoy the beautiful 12 inch 2K OLED screen like the size of a 14 inch and use the keyboard to conveniently type when it is necessary. As I am too lazy to touch the screen often, I always use a mouse. It's great for leisure use and I don't think an Android tablet or a Windows Notebook can bring about the same satisfaction on a desk.

I also bought the Pen but it is not a S Pen and does not have the accompanied S Pen menu like those in the Tab S3 or Note series. Also, I can't install Photoshop as the Core M3 processor is not powerful enough. That is why this Galaxy Book, with a Core i5 processor & a S Pen, interests me.
Yeah, but tablet with dedicated apps is great for entertainment while Windows 10 is good for serious work. That's the purpose of buying a 2 in 1. If Windows tablet mode can't do much then we're really just getting half the deal.

Sent from G4 using GAGT
Old 31-05-2017, 12:09 AM   #20

Yeah, but tablet with dedicated apps is great for entertainment while Windows 10 is good for serious work. That's the purpose of buying a 2 in 1. If Windows tablet mode can't do much then we're really just getting half the deal.

Sent from G4 using GAGT
I guess we have different needs and that is why there is market for both Android and Windows tablet. Asus just announced an interesting Windows 10 2 in 1 with 4k screen (Asus Zenbook Flip S).
Old 31-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #21

If its not samsung brand product, not sure if there will be problem of compatibility.
Errr, USB and Ethernet is world wide standard regardless of your brand.
Old 31-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #22

Samsung just introduced 13" & 15" Notebook 9 Pro with 360 hinge and a S Pen.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...-Slim-Powerful
Old 01-06-2017, 07:59 AM   #23
High Supremacy Member

Samsung just introduced 13" & 15" Notebook 9 Pro with 360 hinge and a S Pen.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...-Slim-Powerful
Wah, Samsung jin aggressive this year

Sent from G4 using GAGT
Old 01-06-2017, 11:42 PM   #24

tab pro s now selling 798 @ mbs ..
RouK3ziLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:55 PM   #25

Yes, I think much better value than Tab S3, though you will have to buy the pen separately.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:25 PM   #26

Sorry but where is mbs? Interested in getting this budget laptop now.

Thanks!
gutianleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #27

Some of the Best Denki stores are still selling Tab Pro S at $798.
Old 25-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #28
Master Member

Anyone got this? Any review v

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
mac_oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.