Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Tab Pro S

Like Tree14Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #136

Huh!

How is that possible? Did you shut down totally?

Yes. Totally shutdown. You don't have this problem?
lamtw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 09:16 PM   #137
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. Totally shutdown. You don't have this problem?
i don't have a pro S, but to think of it its disastrous to be draining when its turned off.

You might wanna check if your battery is properly calibrated, might be due to the software reporting wrong percentage..
Old 25-01-2017, 10:28 PM   #138

i don't have a pro S, but to think of it its disastrous to be draining when its turned off.

You might wanna check if your battery is properly calibrated, might be due to the software reporting wrong percentage..
Well, I have already sent in my set to Samsung for repair and they have changed the battery and motherboard. I suspect this is the reason why they dropped the price by so much.
Old 29-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #139

I took out my sim card and it seems to be not draining battery when shutdown. Anyone with a sim card has the same experience?
Old 30-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #140
Supremacy Member

I took out my sim card and it seems to be not draining battery when shutdown. Anyone with a sim card has the same experience?
Doesn't make any sense... once shut down then it must mean that nothing is consuming power... so it must be that there's a circuit leak...
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #141
Arch-Supremacy Member

Doesn't make any sense... once shut down then it must mean that nothing is consuming power... so it must be that there's a circuit leak...
For win10, shutdown is not a total shutdown. This is to allow fast startup at next "power on".

So check the setting using power option -> choose what the power button does -> look at the option "turn on fast startup".
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #142

For win10, shutdown is not a total shutdown. This is to allow fast startup at next "power on".

So check the setting using power option -> choose what the power button does -> look at the option "turn on fast startup".
Thanks, I have disabled fast startup and will see if the problem is gone. Even without fast startup, the boot up is still relatively fast.
Old 30-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #143
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks, I have disabled fast startup and will see if the problem is gone. Even without fast startup, the boot up is still relatively fast.
Yes, because this is unlike a normal pc that start up from a hard-disk.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #144

Yes, because this is unlike a normal pc that start up from a hard-disk.
Thanks. I think now my Tab Pro S only loses very little power when in shutdown mode.

I wonder if the new Samsung Galaxy Book (12 inch)'s keyboard case can be used on the Tab Pro S. According, to the news, the book has a 5 pin pogo connection, which seems to be the same as the Tab Pro S. But don't know if the size and magnet position fit or not.

Last edited by lamtw22; 27-02-2017 at 08:40 PM..
Old 16-03-2017, 11:25 PM   #145

Thanks. I think now my Tab Pro S only loses very little power when in shutdown mode.

I wonder if the new Samsung Galaxy Book (12 inch)'s keyboard case can be used on the Tab Pro S. According, to the news, the book has a 5 pin pogo connection, which seems to be the same as the Tab Pro S. But don't know if the size and magnet position fit or not.
nop .. confirm its not going to fit .. cause of the spacing of the keys between the kb on galaxy book
RouK3ziLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 11:18 PM   #146

nop .. confirm its not going to fit .. cause of the spacing of the keys between the kb on galaxy book
How would the spacing of keys affect?

I personally think it is the thickness of the tablet and the position of the magnets at the back of the tablet that may affect. Hopefully, the pogo pins are the same.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.