Sony Tablet S

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any update on how to access ps store? I cant even download account manager from marketplace

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
To jsec2006,

I have looked around and found this to be more acceptable. There are other PVC type, thick ones much cheaper but I don't like it. Reviews for this thinner one were good.

This is an one time thingy. Just do it because I am getting one. No intention to organize it in the future.

kaine 78

Reaction score
Yes as mentioned, it will be S$38. Available from 3rd to 5th Dec. PM me with your choice of colour if you are interested. Cheers.
Hi Genuineseller, this is indeed one of the nicer looking cases i've seen so far. I may be wrong but from what i see in the pics, it seems like it wasn't designed to prop up the tablet vertically at a 90 degree angle. The tablet only has a 3 directional accelerometer - meaning that we can't orientate it vertically with the bulbous site at the bottom, as the above pics seem to suggest. The tapered end has to be at the bottom. If this is true, then I'll have to consider another case.

Btw, for those who are not aware, the official sony foldable case is out. I saw it at the bugis junction store. The price - $139! .....as someone pointed out before, its not using magnets to attach itself to the tablet but double-sided tape and velcro. :s27:

wheeljoust

Reaction score
Looking for a decent casing for tablet S in SG stores as well. On-line like Amazon plenty, but would prefer to buy off brick & mortar.

Trip to SLS proved futile other than pouches. I've seen the Sony original version. Material is fine but design is such that the cover flap is not secured by velcro or latch and so moves freely. Not worth the price IMHO.

Appreciate any pointers / suggestions.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for a decent casing for tablet S in SG stores as well. On-line like Amazon plenty, but would prefer to buy off brick & mortar.

Trip to SLS proved futile other than pouches. I've seen the Sony original version. Material is fine but design is such that the cover flap is not secured by velcro or latch and so moves freely. Not worth the price IMHO.

Appreciate any pointers / suggestions.

I found this slim case in Amazon.com so just try and order, will review when it arrived.

http://www.amazon.com/STM-Skinny-Sony-Tablets-dp-0300-01/dp/B005YR03BA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321867836&sr=8-1

I have ordered the case posted by brother GenuineSeller so let's see which case is better.

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
Hi Genuineseller, this is indeed one of the nicer looking cases i've seen so far. I may be wrong but from what i see in the pics, it seems like it wasn't designed to prop up the tablet vertically at a 90 degree angle. The tablet only has a 3 directional accelerometer - meaning that we can't orientate it vertically with the bulbous site at the bottom, as the above pics seem to suggest. The tapered end has to be at the bottom. If this is true, then I'll have to consider another case.

Btw, for those who are not aware, the official sony foldable case is out. I saw it at the bugis junction store. The price - $139! .....as someone pointed out before, its not using magnets to attach itself to the tablet but double-sided tape and velcro. :s27:

Hi, frankly I am not sure. Anyhow I have ordered the cases via someone in China.

BTW, in China, the case that I have ordered are sold by "Sony Authorised Retailer" or something similar..... they sell many Sony products and accessories.

I think there are more cases coming out to the market. I will post it if I get hold of the photo.

Last edited:

GenuineSeller

Reaction score

wheeljoust

Reaction score
BTW, anyone having problems setting up singnet email on the tablet s ? I tried the settings on my other android device which worked but somehow, on the tablet s, it does not. Called 1688 liao but to no avail.

cosmos9933

Reaction score
I have a spare original screen protector for Sony Tablet S just collected from best denki.
If anyone keen to buy it from me can pm me.
Thanks

AlphaAV

Master Member
Reaction score
Sitex promo gotch free cradle + 16GB SD Card + SP
but no casing
though u r better off getting 1 tat u prefer :p

AlphaAV

Master Member
Reaction score
Still no news of 3G version :(
ya lo
went to ask teh staff but dunno when will hab
ask moi use hamfone as hotspot pour teh tablet

suck moi fone batt like siao...
wanna get 3G ver shoo dun hab to worry moi fone die

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya lo
went to ask teh staff but dunno when will hab
ask moi use hamfone as hotspot pour teh tablet

suck moi fone batt like siao...
wanna get 3G ver shoo dun hab to worry moi fone die

I think if you get a spare battery for your phone, it will cheaper than getting a new tablet with 3G Connection.

AlphaAV

Master Member
Reaction score
I think if you get a spare battery for your phone, it will cheaper than getting a new tablet with 3G Connection.
spare portable batt pack better?
or spend on mifi?

a 3G tablet would probably be $100~150 moar exp than 1 w/o 3G

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.