Sony Tablet S

azinamoto

Reaction score
can this tablet plays the file (movie, music, image..)directly from the SD card?

or require to transfer the files to the internal memory?

taker42

Master Member
Reaction score
can this tablet plays the file (movie, music, image..)directly from the SD card?

or require to transfer the files to the internal memory?

Yeah the youtube review above your post mentioned it can do that.

bakasora

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered mine.
So no one can confirm whether one can play the music/video directly from the SD card?

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I play music, vids, and access documents from the SD card without having to xfer to the internal mem?

I read a review and it was mentioned that the usable disk space is only around 3gb+, after all the software Sony puts inside (for 16gb ver). The ability to read stuffs from SD card is a deciding factor liao.

not quite possible right ... 16gig but only 3 gig usage ... this is product suicide to advertise it this way ....

anyway quite eager for this release ... andriod with full size sd card ... not many tablets comes with this config ...

spicyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
I just pre-ordered mine.
So no one can confirm whether one can play the music/video directly from the SD card?

According to reviews, one can only transfer the files to tablet den can play from it. No playing direct from SD card.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not quite possible right ... 16gig but only 3 gig usage ... this is product suicide to advertise it this way ....

anyway quite eager for this release ... andriod with full size sd card ... not many tablets comes with this config ...

Finally found it again, here is the link which i came to read about the 3GB issue.
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/sony-tablet-s-1030388/review?artc_pg=3

Anyway, according to the review video psng76 posted, there are a few ways to get around this. One is to use the USB OTG cable and the tablet can detect thumb-drive or external hard-disk. Also, it seems that non Sony provided apps can detect the SDcard and also external drives. But then, u lose the ability to "throw" videos and songs thru DLNA liao.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.