Surface Pro (5)

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had also asked but they are not able to collect at my work place due to some restrain.

Hope I get lucky and get a better ones.

oic. how bad is ur backlight bleed?
I posted a pic of the demo set at Courts a paeg back, how is it compare to that?

drax229

Reaction score
Personal feedback regarding the return process(due to backlight bleed).

- Goes thru Microsoft chat to initiate a exchange request(Goes smoothly).
- Waited 4 days for courier to call for the collection of the tablet.
- Singpost stated that they are only able to do collection during the day(which is ridiculous as most people need to work to afford the tablet).
- Contacted Microsoft again to request for a evening collection(still waiting for a follow up call from Microsoft) while giving them feedback regarding Singpost.
- Asked them could I just walk in to a store to do a exchange and was told that Microsoft do not have any walk in center in Singapore.
- Hope they could change a courier to avoid such a lengthy process.

Overall experience: Bad

Yeah singpost is rather disappointing... they scheduled pickup for my return yesterday however no one turned up, no calls or whatsoever from them.
Called Microsoft this morning and they told me they’ll request singpost to reschedule another pickup for me..
Microsoft side is rather helpful as their support even called me to check if singpost contacted me or not.
Overall Singpost = sucks

xLuffyzx

Reaction score
oic. how bad is ur backlight bleed?
I posted a pic of the demo set at Courts a paeg back, how is it compare to that?

Let you be the judge of that.

IMG_20170815_225937.jpg

Last edited:

AMDRCit

Reaction score
How abt ask Singpost to collect from ur workplace?
Btw, I read many reviews on the replacement for backlight bleed, some exchanged 3 times, still the same problem.

I have exchanged twice, both have severe backlight bleeding. I'm done with Microsoft, at least for now. It seems all batches around the world are being affected by backlight bleeding. I don't want to spend 2000 bucks and get a faulty screen.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have exchanged twice, both have severe backlight bleeding. I'm done with Microsoft, at least for now. It seems all batches around the world are being affected by backlight bleeding. I don't want to spend 2000 bucks and get a faulty screen.
Yeah, I will be waiting for next few batches before buying.

Last edited:

Cashew_Nut

Reaction score
Glad I started this thread and people informed about the backlight bleed. I know what it is now. Being a long term Mac/iPad user I am used to perfect screen. There is high chance new SP will be big disappointment for me. Even if it was half price I'd be disappointed. No point in having great spec inside the machine if the output is displayed in inferior quality. Real shame. Nobody should have to pay so much to get into a screen lottery and see what they get.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I believe 100% u will get a screen with backlight bleeding. Just a matter how bad. Sp4 used to have the same problem, but the later batches do not have any problem

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I believe 100% u will get a screen with backlight bleeding. Just a matter how bad. Sp4 used to have the same problem, but the later batches do not have any problem
Received my device this afternoon.
so far so good. no backlight bleeding.

ExArchz

Reaction score
Luckily i called Microsoft to ask about my order. Apparently i was waiting for an order that was rejected due to my bank debit limit exceeded and wasn't informed by anyone. Now waiting for it to reach SG only.

Hope the backlight bleed for mine isn't that bad

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received my device this afternoon.
so far so good. no backlight bleeding.

Wow that's great news.
May I know what is your manufacturing date? eg 17xx? 17 stands for year 2017, the 3rd & 4th digital = which week of the year.

U shld be able to find it on the box

outrun100

Reaction score
Luckily i called Microsoft to ask about my order. Apparently i was waiting for an order that was rejected due to my bank debit limit exceeded and wasn't informed by anyone. Now waiting for it to reach SG only.

Hope the backlight bleed for mine isn't that bad

I contacted their online store regarding my order which was stuck at processing status, I preordered it on July and they somehow forgot to deliver...:s8:
was told they reprocess my order now with new order number, and again stuck at processing... are these never ending:s11:

tivo88

Reaction score
Anyone bought from the stores ?

Any promos recently ? Upcoming is the COMEX hope got some freebies

ExArchz

Reaction score
I contacted their online store regarding my order which was stuck at processing status, I preordered it on July and they somehow forgot to deliver...:s8:
was told they reprocess my order now with new order number, and again stuck at processing... are these never ending:s11:
Did they cancel the 1st order and help u reorder? I was on the phone with them on monday. They did that and tue i received tracking number le.

Mine should reach to me tmr as its on its way to sg now

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
Did they cancel the 1st order and help u reorder? I was on the phone with them on monday. They did that and tue i received tracking number le.

Mine should reach to me tmr as its on its way to sg now
I m still waiting for my Surface pen. should reach me tmr.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.