HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Surface Pro (5)

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #1

Surface Pro (5)

Anyone got Intel on when Surface Pro 5 will come to Singapore?

I will visit Tokyo soon. Anyone know if can buy there?

Still tempted with iPad Pro but me thinks that more for creative types with creative job, not for Word and Email users like me.
Cashew_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #2

Anyone got Intel on when Surface Pro 5 will come to Singapore?

I will visit Tokyo soon. Anyone know if can buy there?

Still tempted with iPad Pro but me thinks that more for creative types with creative job, not for Word and Email users like me.
Im also waiting for (LTE) it
First launch countries for Asia includes china, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan

Else you can try to buy via Amazon I guess
Firestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #3

Ah ok. I want LTE also. Will go to Microsoft store in Tokyo and see what happens. Language might be first problem 😄
Old 06-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #4

Ah ok. I want LTE also. Will go to Microsoft store in Tokyo and see what happens. Language might be first problem 😄
LTE not out yet. Only release Q4 2017 I think
Old 06-07-2017, 09:31 PM   #5

Thanks for letting me know bro.

I bought LTE iPad some years ago but realised never use as everywhere for wifi already these days. Any idea how much more LTE will cost?
Old 07-07-2017, 12:04 AM   #6

Will it be compatible in sg? Better check the plug, watts, voltage etc.
PowerBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:16 AM   #7

Thanks for letting me know bro.

I bought LTE iPad some years ago but realised never use as everywhere for wifi already these days. Any idea how much more LTE will cost?
No pricing is out yet, esp for sg
But I think LTE should be for i5 model coz it's a fanless model
The LTE should be using the fan slot space

Most likely a $300 premium
Old 08-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #8

Will it be compatible in sg? Better check the plug, watts, voltage etc.
It's compatible. You will need to find a separate 3 socket plug
All laptops should be 110-240v design
Old 10-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do recommend checking out for user reviews online. Of late, I have seen quite a fair bit of issues with this new SP. On the lower end, there seem to be pretty bad throttling of the CPU due to the lack of fan.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #10

Hmm does that mean overheating?

Anybody have recommendations of sexy looking alternatives? I'm not a power hungry user. Just web, email, Office, photos, movies and the occasional strategy game.

I do recommend checking out for user reviews online. Of late, I have seen quite a fair bit of issues with this new SP. On the lower end, there seem to be pretty bad throttling of the CPU due to the lack of fan.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #11

Any idea when will SP 2017 be launched in sg? Would it be cheaper if i get it from japan?
Old 10-07-2017, 11:27 PM   #12

You're right. Some reports of random shut downs. Microsoft yet to get to bottom of it.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

You're right. Some reports of random shut downs. Microsoft yet to get to bottom of it.
Randon shutdown/ throttling are known issues now.

Looking back at the history of all the Surface Pro released, it may not be that wise to immediately get it when it is first released since there always seem to be some teething issues at launch. Issues at launch is not uncommon for new hardware, but considering that this is one of the most expensive 2 in 1 device out there, I find it difficult to justify recommending it.

Last edited by watzup_ken; 12-07-2017 at 12:06 PM..
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #14

Randon shutdown/ throttling are known issues now.

Looking back at the history of all the Surface Pro released, it may not be that wise to immediately get it when it is first released since there always seem to be some teething issues at launch. Issues at launch is not uncommon for new hardware, but considering that this is one of the most expensive 2 in 1 device out there, I find it difficult to justify recommending it.
I read about the hibernation problem too and find it ridiculous. SP4 also suffered alot of issues after launched. Shouldn't MS tested its product rigorously before introducing into the market?
I don't see Apple having such issues.

Last edited by PowerBB; 12-07-2017 at 12:38 PM..
Old 12-07-2017, 04:42 PM   #15

for somebody who hasn't used surface products... you spew too much negativity. it's like you have this mission to visit all surface threads here and point out bad things you just "read" from somehere.

anyway as a surface pro 4 owner, my only concern with my device when I bought it was the light bleed. with the new release, it has been reported that this issue is now gone (source: windows central)

for throttling issues, I have no concern since I only use it for normal media/internet consumption. the main selling point of Surface for me is its mobility, the pen/touch support and 2 in 1 features that cannot be attained by just having a laptop. if gaming is your thing / heavy duty computing then this is not the device for you. that's why you have the gaming laptop category right?

with regards to the "teething issues" these were all fixed with regular software updates. all of those that were reported are already fixed and I dont think this will reoccur with the newest line of Surface products.

Last edited by bitwise; 12-07-2017 at 04:46 PM..
bitwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.