HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Surface pro usb is damaged, is there any way I cam get a usb converter for the charging port?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #1

Question Surface pro usb is damaged, is there any way I cam get a usb converter for the charging port?

Hi, my surface pro 3 usb port is damaged. As you know, surface pro 3 only has 1 usb port.

Is there any way I can create usb port access to the surface pro? There is a port for charging in the middle, but is there a usb converter to be connected to the charging so that I can start plugging usb again such as using a mouse?

Please advise, I tried to search online but cant seem to find such a product.
thenextseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

i used google and i found the answer on microsoft website
Old 30-07-2017, 02:02 PM   #3

still cant find any ans online or ms website, anyone has any advice?
thenextseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Hi, my surface pro 3 usb port is damaged. As you know, surface pro 3 only has 1 usb port.

Is there any way I can create usb port access to the surface pro? There is a port for charging in the middle, but is there a usb converter to be connected to the charging so that I can start plugging usb again such as using a mouse?

Please advise, I tried to search online but cant seem to find such a product.
The simple answer is cannot... just get the USB port replaced... doesn't cost much... you don't have to go back to Microsoft to get it replaced... any laptop repair shop should be able to handle the replacement... try Sim Lim Square... I usually use PC Hospital on the fourth floor.
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

The charging port is propritory, so I unless you can find it in MS' store, otherwise you are out of luck. Try to get to fixed as recommended.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #6
Master Member

Bluetooth mouse?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.