T100 Windows 8.1 Tablet by Asus

thegaunlet

Reaction score
iPearl Asus T100 Case

hey, great choice! i'd also bought the T100 recently...do note that the ipearl case may not fit into the keyboard dock as it is meant for the 64GB model w/o HDD...i'm also looking for suitable casing...cheers!

Yea there were reports of that however iPearl has said they have the 500GB dock compatible version.

Amazon.com: Madison's review of iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 10.1" AS...

They should create an option so people don't get the wrong one. On ebay I messaged a seller and they say have 500GB dock compatible version. It looks to be good. The "kickstand" seems to also functions as a handle.

I'm considering that or just a normal sleeve because the cover does help against knocks or light drops but it doesn't keep dirt out. I feel perhaps a shock absorbing sleeve should be good. Perhaps over the casing :X jialat poison.

I learnt today (suaku la) that USB 3.0 devices, if run at the same time with the same computer, interferes with wifi devices running in the 2.4ghz band like the wireless mice/keyboards we use. Wanted to get the Logitech mice/keyboard for extended use esp when hooked up to a display but found that out.

Nothing unique to Asus T100. It's independent of that. Intel wrote a white paper explaining it and measures to reduce the effect but not within our power essentially.

So if need to use 2.4ghz receiver with other USB 3.0 devices, get a USB 2.0 hub so your USB 3.0 won't run at high speeds which causes the interference. Happens to PC/Laptop, no horse run.

However I did try running a USB 3.0 ext hdd and a 2.4ghz receiver plugged in to OTG and it worked. Did not try moving far away though. But then you lose charging capabilites. Just take note because we have the power of USB 3.0, prepare for situations when you need it. Don't go to a presentation and find out you need to run ext HDD, 2.4ghz receiver and charge your ASUS. Then GG.

Ofc a more basic solution for mice is get bluetooth ones at first glance but they too operate in similar frequencies so ...

"As shown in Table 3-1, there is degradation in the performance of the wireless mouse
when a USB 3.0 device is connected to the notebook computer. At a distance of 3 feet
and greater away from the notebook computer, a significant lag was experienced in
the response of the mouse. The impact to mouse performance was found to be the
same whether the USB 3.0 peripheral device had data being actively written to it or if
it was merely connected to the notebook computer and the link to it established.
A similar impact to wireless mouse performance was noted if a USB 3.0 device, such
as a flash drive, was used. Since the noise from the USB 3.0 is broadband, it could
potentially impact any radio whose antenna is close by. Although the test results are
not shown in this paper, similar impact was seen to Bluetooth radio performance.

"

So the simplest solution if you had no choice but to use more devices like ethernet, ext HDD, dongles using USB 3.0, get a USB 2.0 hub AND need to charge (else you can use OTG and it will work)

OR

stick with a USB 3.0 Hub, retain Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 Speeds and accept the temporary interference (lose mice/keyboard). Use your dock touchpad and keyboard.

Learning to love my keyboard. Posted with ASUS T100 in the dark lol.

pooopy

Reaction score
missed out on the last day promo
anyone knows which retailer is still selling the old model at $499?
TIA :)

airden

Reaction score
16iihqt.jpg

hi just checking, is there anywhere that we can get this new model for <$599?
or w freebie?

thanks!

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a t100 64gb bought from usa, with accidental damage warranty and all till 30th november, global warranty so in sg warranty no issue. i still prefer to use my new laptop. so i will give it up and sell it away, anyone want? quote me a price by pm ba. ok i sell to u.. lookin at close to 400

global warranty + accidental damage protection usa (i think water spill etc, drop on floor damage also can change)

have scan copy of receipt from microsoft USA and accidental protection email

i still have a dell venue 8 pro 64gb on hand with the newer revision stylus, also never use, who want oso can sell to u, also from usa

too many tablet but only 1 person how to use all, lol..

Accidental damage protection usa for asus t100ta:

Dear Valued ASUS Customer,

Your ADP registration is now complete for the following serial number: DAN0BC184413XXX

There is a limit of only one (1) claim per registered serial number during the first year of product ownership starting from your purchase date.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call 1-888-678-3688.

Thank you.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try courts, they have a online ramadan sale with $55 discount. Need to wait ~1 week for stocks.

I think this is a great idea. Personally, Courts online store gives better value than the physical shops. For me, its not uncommon to find better deals. :)

Anyway, the new T100 is quite impressive for a very mobile hybrid laptop. Sadly, I was hoping for better graphics as the 4 EU Intel graphics is quite weak. Although I must say that price is really good for this one.

Imperado

Reaction score
Any issue with the new T100? Planning to get it.. its a full windows just that its lower powered right? Bought a surface RT and cant load all java properly =.=

savage

Master Member
Reaction score

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
conn job. they trying to pass the z3740 from harvey norman. filed complain with paypal already.

I thought the specs is clearly stated on the link? I saw Z3775. Buyers beware then. Just make sure they give you a set with the faster processor. ;)

ttpowertt

Reaction score
I think only 32GB version comes with the option for a 500GB drive in the dock. I believe if you get the 64GB version, you can add another hard drive by yourself.

I think you are right, the Asus T100 64GB version don't come with 500GB hard disk. I have checked on ebay on those 64GB version don't have the 500GB hard disk in the keyboard. I didn't know. So if this deal.com.sg is selling the latest version with faster speed. Should be a good buy, right?
Thank you very much.

killerslayer92

Reaction score
I think you are right, the Asus T100 64GB version don't come with 500GB hard disk. I have checked on ebay on those 64GB version don't have the 500GB hard disk in the keyboard. I didn't know. So if this deal.com.sg is selling the latest version with faster speed. Should be a good buy, right?
Thank you very much.

harddisk dock and keyboard dock are 2 different thing. harddisk dock is much fatter. cannot install harddisk into keyboard dock

so far the only country with 64gb + 500gb combo is japan

sg only bring in 32 + 500gb so 64gb is rare

ttpowertt

Reaction score
harddisk dock and keyboard dock are 2 different thing. harddisk dock is much fatter. cannot install harddisk into keyboard dock

so far the only country with 64gb + 500gb combo is japan

sg only bring in 32 + 500gb so 64gb is rare

Thank you very much for sharing. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.