HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tablet that is suitable for reading ebooks?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #16

After reading comment on here, and hands-on actual Kindle sizing, follow-up reviews on few e-book makers such as Kobo, Nook, Sony, PocketBook, Onyx Boox...

My thoughts are:
0# Pace of e-book devices evolution is slow compare to tablets, pricey even for simple - yesterday technology (and device ends-up much larger than its tiny screen).
Only + pts is lighter than tablets.

1# Kindle Paperwhite 3 current having best screen, though 6 inch screen is kinda of small for me. (which is basically the screen-size of Kindles)

2# Kindle, Kobo, Nook... all uses different closed OS system book ecology, to lock you down to use only their book-resource library.

3# Only few e-books are larger than 6 inch, beyond 8 inch the device size seems rather too large for commuting reading and pricey.

So in the end, gotten a Onyx Boox T68ML:
- 6.8 inch - >30% screen space of 6 inch, yet right-size for 1 hand reading during commuting.

- based on Android OS access to Google Play allow cross access to multiple book ecology Kindle, Kobo, etc bookstores. Also support 3rd party e-book format reading.

-Sufficient high resolution dpi, almost as good KPW3, with back-lited.

- Can use MicroSD as expanable storage - upto 32GB.

For Android, get device with at least 1GB Memory, 8GB storage :for App speed, install apps & books storage, 300 dpi. If cost not a issue: I would bought a T76 plus.

Last edited by forests_gump; 06-03-2017 at 02:42 PM..
forests_gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:50 AM   #17

After reading comment on here, and hands-on actual Kindle sizing, follow-up reviews on few e-book makers such as Kobo, Nook, Sony, PocketBook, Onyx Boox...

My thoughts are:
0# Pace of e-book devices evolution is slow compare to tablets, pricey even for simple - yesterday technology (and device ends-up much larger than its tiny screen).

1# Kindle Paperwhite 3 current having best screen, though 6 inch screen is kinda of small for me. (which is basically the screen-size of Kindles)

2# Kindle, Kobo, Nook... all uses different closed OS system book ecology, to lock you down to use only their book-resource library.

3# Only few e-books are larger than 6 inch, beyond 8 inch the device size seems rather too large for commuting reading and pricey.

- 6.8 inch - >30% screen space of 6 inch, yet right-size for 1 hand reading during commuting.

- based on Android OS access to Google Play allow cross access to multiple book ecology Kindle, Kobo, etc bookstores. Also support 3rd party e-book format reading.

For Android, get device with at least 1GB Memory, 8GB storage :for App speed, install apps & books storage, 300 dpi. If cost not a issue: I would bought a T76 plus.
Thank you so much for the recommendation
suffuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:48 AM   #18
High Supremacy Member

Bought a alcatel pixi 6" to ise as ebook reader, so far so good. Got it from qoo10 for ard 110. Im happy with it. Battery not as lasting, glaribg all this not concern to me.

Initially wanted xiaomi mi max coz of the 6.4" screen sizebut even the lowest spec model will cost more than 200. No point.
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:52 AM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Get the Kindle Paperwhite 3 Rahs lol.
netzach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

My thoughts are:

Where do you buy the onyx boox?

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z010D using GAGT
WhyPayMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #21

Where do you buy the onyx boox?

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z010D using GAGT
for Sg, you can try Qoo10
forests_gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #22

Get a kindle 6".. purely for reading..

Sent from Samsung SM-G900FD using GAGT
bobaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.