Tablets are disposable items

u0206397

Reaction score
As above.

Once the battery starts growing weak within 6 months to 1 year, and can only hold 50% of the original charge. Then it becomes unusable.

Battery is non-replaceable as well. So the only viable option -- with the exception of finding an OEM battery and dismantling it -- is to get a new one.

True or not?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not always true.

A good tablet can last years. Take an iPad for example. I have seen iPad 2 that are still going strong despite the battery not doing so well. The iPads that I purchased last many years and my current iPad Air 2 is still going very strong for its age. Even tablets running on Android can do well if you don't go for the cheapo ones. For example, the Sony tablet that my sister and I got for my dad in 2013 is still working today.

I feel what you pay is what you get. If you get the very cheap tablets which is very common for Android, then its very likely you may be right. The parts are not built to last.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheap as like a toy which may not last.
Tablets are now "in" as favourable necessity tools.

I had a tablet never use for years and decided that gave away.
Recently have to buy Samsung Tab E 8" and been using it daily.
Cost $240 include case n screen protector.
Better still it is LTE and wifi ac, 1.5GB RAM, 32GB storage and 1280 x 800 resolution which is common.
Very satisfied.

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get ipad.... generally they can last at least 2 years

I have seen 5 year old ipad still going strong

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheap as like a toy which may not last.
Tablets are now "in" as favourable necessity tools.

I had a tablet never use for years and decided that gave away.
Recently have to buy Samsung Tab E 8" and been using it daily.
Cost $240 include case n screen protector.
Better still it is LTE and wifi ac, 1.5GB RAM, 32GB storage and 1280 x 800 resolution which is common.
Very satisfied.

Which is why I never recommend buying an Android tablet. If you think about it, for slightly more than 260 bucks, you can get a Xiaomi Mi Max with much better specs. Faster processor, significantly more ram and storage and a higher resolution IPS screen. Moreover, it comes with dual SIM so LTE is taken care of.

The screen is certainly smaller, but it is a much more capable tablet/ phablet. Therefore, nowadays I won't waste time looking at Android tablets.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which is why I never recommend buying an Android tablet. If you think about it, for slightly more than 260 bucks, you can get a Xiaomi Mi Max with much better specs. Faster processor, significantly more ram and storage and a higher resolution IPS screen. Moreover, it comes with dual SIM so LTE is taken care of.

The screen is certainly smaller, but it is a much more capable tablet/ phablet. Therefore, nowadays I won't waste time looking at Android tablets.
Ha... i did consider Xiaomi Mi Max.
As my friend is using one for some times and said it is good.
However i go for Tab E due to home use as my target is 8" with budget.

As having 4 phones already and next target could be this Xiaomi Mi Max.
That will be my next year objective.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get ipad.... generally they can last at least 2 years

I have seen 5 year old ipad still going strong

iPads generally last quite long, but depends from case to case. At least for me, my iPads all easily lasted more than 2 years. My current iPad Air 2 is 3 years old now. Still works very well and battery is still decent for a few days of watching YouTube, movies, playing music and some light net surfing. And it doesn't feel slow at all.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ha... i did consider Xiaomi Mi Max.
As my friend is using one for some times and said it is good.
However i go for Tab E due to home use as my target is 8" with budget.

As having 4 phones already and next target could be this Xiaomi Mi Max.
That will be my next year objective.

Previously I was thinking of getting an Android tablet too, but I feel at the lower end, the specs is just terrible. Most are running on the cheapest possible SOC with miserable amount of memory and storage space. Which was why I dropped the idea and went to get a Sharp Z2 as Mi Max was out of stock then. Screen is smaller, but I get a good screen and significantly better specs. From then on, I never bothered looking at Android tablets. If I want a good tablet, I will rather get an iPad Pro despite it being at least 4x more expensive, it is more joyful to use and I know I don't have to change it anytime soon.

stylux

Master Member
Reaction score
Any1 has recommendation for tablet , budget is 500 , was thinking of Samsung tab s2 8.0 for 475 brand new

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any1 has recommendation for tablet , budget is 500 , was thinking of Samsung tab s2 8.0 for 475 brand new
Samsung galaxy tab A 10.1 LTE as price is 498.
Need to know the receiver prefer choice.
If not go for phones than tablet.
More choices and better features.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 ($399) and Lenovo Phab2 Pro ($399+) as both is 6.4" display screen.
Tablet is heavy.
Can consider iPad too.

reno77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeh I'm on my 2nd teclast tablet for the year, accidentally stepped on and broke the first one. Works great for lying on the bed and watching netflix. I pair it with a stereo bluetooth speaker , but speaker on chest for bass rumble and watch Star Trek on it :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.