HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Want to buy Amazon Fire during Black Friday

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #31

fire hd 8 at 79.99 can buy? but cannot ship to sg.

All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa, 8" HD Display, 16 GB, Black - with Special Offers at 79.99
royzo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, just to check. Can use normal local charger for this Fire HD tablet? Thank you.
Bro i think our normal samsung charger also can charge liao...because the input is 100-240.

I started a thread on this..maybe you want follow and see if any current users can tell us more

Amazon Fire HD 8 - Power Specs
Old 03-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #33

Bro i think our normal samsung charger also can charge liao...because the input is 100-240.

I started a thread on this..maybe you want follow and see if any current users can tell us more

Amazon Fire HD 8 - Power Specs

Okay, i made an impluse buy of a FIRE HD8 during Black Fri, received it today.

1) Yapz, any normal usb charger can charge the tablet. No fast charging capability though

2) Very easy to install google play. I did it via adb setup method. Took me less than 5mins. Goggle play, youtube etc...all working fine.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:29 AM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Okay, i made an impluse buy of a FIRE HD8 during Black Fri, received it today.

1) Yapz, any normal usb charger can charge the tablet. No fast charging capability though

2) Very easy to install google play. I did it via adb setup method. Took me less than 5mins. Goggle play, youtube etc...all working fine.
Maybe you can post how you do it via adb method for all to know? Thanks in advance
starry_starry_night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #35

just got mine yesterday thru ezbuy during black Friday sales.. sideload Google play.. so far so good.. don't expect much, if u r using for youtube, watching drama/movies is fine.. tried running brave Frontier on it, work ok too.
jordanamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #36
Supremacy Member

Maybe you can post how you do it via adb method for all to know? Thanks in advance
You don't need adb. Just Google "fire tablet google play" and follow the steps. Download, install and use.
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought 32gb with special offers which is cheaper as the special offers mean you must endure the amazon ads on your screen. But i think amazon gave me the wrong one, gave me a set without special offers one
Old 07-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #38

just got mine yesterday thru ezbuy during black Friday sales.. sideload Google play.. so far so good.. don't expect much, if u r using for youtube, watching drama/movies is fine.. tried running brave Frontier on it, work ok too.
Google going to block YouTube on fire HD tablet next year ler
George Soros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #39

can use to see show u climb from hill also
jordanamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #40
Supremacy Member

Source please ?
Old 08-12-2017, 12:06 AM   #41

Source please ?
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/05/google-pulling-youtube-echo-show-fire-tv-failed-talks-amazon/
George Soros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:57 AM   #42
Supremacy Member

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/05/google-pulling-youtube-echo-show-fire-tv-failed-talks-amazon/
They are blocking products which have YouTube pre-installed. Fire tablets never had the apps in the first place. Unless Amazon blocks ability to sideload APK ( rumored to be in next Fire OS based on Nougat ) then there shouldn't be any major issues.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

They are blocking products which have YouTube pre-installed. Fire tablets never had the apps in the first place. Unless Amazon blocks ability to sideload APK ( rumored to be in next Fire OS based on Nougat ) then there shouldn't be any major issues.
Actually they do all these for what??? Damn redundant man. Just making people avoid their products only
Old 08-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #44

So is the YouTube blocking an Amazon's decision to force everyone using Fire to only watch its own video service, or is Google fixing its competitor?
u0206397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #45
Supremacy Member

Actually they do all these for what??? Damn redundant man. Just making people avoid their products only
Who are you referring to ?

If you are talking about Amazon, they want a price of the cake with paying full piece. Android AOSP is free for use but the Google apps are proprietary and not part of AOSP. Use of the apps comes with terms and conditions.

If you are talking about Google, they are defending the intellectual property. Because that's how they earn money.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.