[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too bad no more China tourists. They buy beauty masks in cartons.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singaporeans gals always like to go there buy facial products ...
just like going to japan and korea ...

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
Face mask if hand carry must put in the liquids bag, right?

Instant noodles hand carry no problem too?

Cloud_Evolution

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need recommendation/opinion for the following travel plan to tw

Thurs
Fly to Taiwan
Take HSR to Taichung
Spend the Night at Feng Chia Night Market shopping and makan

Fri
Take bus go Nan Tou, Cing Jing
Green Green Grassland, Swiss Garden and etc
Stay minsu overnight

Sat
Hire Private driver to pick us up from Cingjing Minsu (Any driver to recomend?, the other thread all review come from low post count acc, dunno can trust onot)
Go Flying Cow Ranch (2hr), Tian Ma Farm (1hr), Taichung city tour around
Drop at Taichung HSR and go taipei
Check in hotel at XMD and dinner nearby

Sun
One day tour with private driver (Keelung, Jiu Fen, Shi Fen, Pingxi, if got time go maokong also)
Dinner at one of the night market

Mon
Morning take metro to Tamshui, noon go back hotel check out and browse around Ximending/LongShan temple/Taipei main station
3pm go airport RTS

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thurs
Fly to Taiwan
Take HSR to Taichung

Fri
Stay minsu overnight

Sat
Hire Private driver to pick us up from Cingjing Minsu (Any driver to recomend?, the other thread all review come from low post count acc, dunno can trust onot)

Sun
One day tour with private driver (Keelung, Jiu Fen, Shi Fen, Pingxi, if got time go maokong also)

Mon
Morning take metro to Tamshui, noon go back hotel check out and browse around Ximending/LongShan temple/Taipei main station
3pm go airport RTS

Looks like a good plan.
Family trip?

smilingbuddha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, intending to go on a 8 days trip or so with a friend. Landing in Taipei. Sat to nxt Sun.

Any activities to recommend? Wna venture out of Taipei. Have been to taipei countless of time. Did Yilan and Haulien (although I have never been up to Taroko cause there was a landslide). Been to Kenting, and am keen to travel there again.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thurs
Fly to Taiwan
Take HSR to Taichung

Fri
Stay minsu overnight

Sat

Sun

Mon
3pm go airport RTS

Morning go Tamsui do what? How early? I don't recall shops opening early morning. It should take about an hour by metro one way.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad... RIP...

gCmHYYp.png

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, intending to go on a 8 days trip or so with a friend. Landing in Taipei. Sat to nxt Sun.

Any activities to recommend? Wna venture out of Taipei. Have been to taipei countless of time. Did Yilan and Haulien (although I have never been up to Taroko cause there was a landslide). Been to Kenting, and am keen to travel there again.

Next week???

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
Tks bro!

Thinking of travelling light.
If possible don't want da bao xiao bao. Haha ... Just 1 big bao (luggage) that's all.

wheelloader

Master Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying hsr tickets in advance online to go from taoyuan airport to Taichung. but the timing like quite hard to estimate as still need to take shuttle bus, clear immigration etc.

say in the event I reach too early or late at taoyuan hsr station, can change the ticket that I booked to an earlier/later train? or need to buy a new ticket at full price?

Cloud_Evolution

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying hsr tickets in advance online to go from taoyuan airport to Taichung. but the timing like quite hard to estimate as still need to take shuttle bus, clear immigration etc.

say in the event I reach too early or late at taoyuan hsr station, can change the ticket that I booked to an earlier/later train? or need to buy a new ticket at full price?
assume u didnt waste a lot of time other than buying sim card at telco counter and take shuttle to HSR, 1.5hr shld be more than enuff.
(tw immigration counter is much more efficient if u compare to bkk or msia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.