[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
y i book tixs from jetstar, the seats mostly empty? like 70-80% empty... no 1 go to taipei? going this month.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
y i book tixs from jetstar, the seats mostly empty? like 70-80% empty... no 1 go to taipei? going this month.

Could it be that most did not want to pay for seats, so all are just waiting till online check-in to choose the seats?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

many people dont want pay that extra amount to choose seats ...
u pay also get standard seat, dont pay also get standard seat ... why go pay ...
however there would still be people who pays, they worry cant sit together ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could it be that most did not want to pay for seats, so all are just waiting till online check-in to choose the seats?

once u do online check in, you would be assigned a seat already .
you cant choose seats anymore ... unlike few years back ...

FreshGradDays

Reaction score

Reason very simple if you have lately read the news regarding United Airlines.

Airlines always overbook seats in case some do not turn up or are late for flights. Seats are only assigned upon check in, or if you have bought an assigned seat. So it is normal if the flight seating looks empty.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
once u do online check in, you would be assigned a seat already .
you cant choose seats anymore ... unlike few years back ...

Wah online check in liao also can't choose seats nowadays ah? I haven't been taking budget for some years already, totally didn't know about this change...

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah online check in liao also can't choose seats nowadays ah? I haven't been taking budget for some years already, totally didn't know about this change...

Choosing seat need to pay now.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying hsr tickets in advance online to go from taoyuan airport to Taichung. but the timing like quite hard to estimate as still need to take shuttle bus, clear immigration etc.

say in the event I reach too early or late at taoyuan hsr station, can change the ticket that I booked to an earlier/later train? or need to buy a new ticket at full price?

Cannot change one. Your seat will be forfeited.
If need help to get it on time, pm me. Will have lobang forcyou.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

All the while need to pay, unless you have missed it and paid for it unknowingly.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If only that is true on no one goes to Taipei.
You can take the whole row.
If you are bigger size, book two seats.
;)

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Now should b ok rite ? Jun should be the worst ... think about 34 maybe ...
went in jun before, super hot !!!

Not just hot, it's rainy too. Imagine rain + the heat. Wah the humidity is can die. Then all the mosquitoes come out. I dunno served them how many free meals that time when I went in June... Never again. :(

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today is rainy day for most of Taiwan.
Same for this week.
Typically is warm and humid for now.

oAkEn86

Reaction score
Just returned from Taiwan. Learnt a lot from this forum. Sharing what I learnt from my trip.

8 days trip - 4 days Miaoli, 4 days Taipei.

Rented a Wish for the Miaoli phase. Was quite a good experience. Miaoli was quite big and thus, the Wish certainly helped. Google Map is a must. The GPS provided is in Chinese and outdated, though helpful in alerting me to the speed cameras. LOL.

Picked up the vehicle at Dayuan area (free transfer from airport) and return at TPE Main station. 9k for 3 days 3hr rental. spent another 220 for freeway charges (akin to erp) and 1k for 1 full tank of fuel.

Pics at http://keykeytravels.blogspot.sg/2017/05/taiwan-2017-day-1-part-1-singapore-to.html

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just returned from Taiwan. Learnt a lot from this forum. Sharing what I learnt from my trip.

8 days trip - 4 days Miaoli, 4 days Taipei.

Rented a Wish for the Miaoli phase. Was quite a good experience. Miaoli was quite big and thus, the Wish certainly helped. Google Map is a must. The GPS provided is in Chinese and outdated, though helpful in alerting me to the speed cameras. LOL.

Picked up the vehicle at Dayuan area (free transfer from airport) and return at TPE Main station. 9k for 3 days 3hr rental. spent another 220 for freeway charges (akin to erp) and 1k for 1 full tank of fuel.

Pics at http://keykeytravels.blogspot.sg/2017/05/taiwan-2017-day-1-part-1-singapore-to.html

9k for 3 days?
Which coy? Ex sia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.