[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be 1 big and 1 medium luggage. That's why I'm worried about all the queuing and stuff.

Why not try HSR to Taichung, take 1hr to reach. the route is airport mrt - TMS - HSR Taipei - HSR Taichung - take cab reach hotel (200ntd+). Total time I need is 2hr 30 mins to 3 hrs depend on any delay.
This refer to Taipei.
If straight from airport to hsr toayuan to Taichung is a lot faster.

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bus seldom needs queuing.
So relatively okay.
Just that whether your toddler can tahan another 2hrs on the road and being restricted.
For me, i will go by hsr though.
Airport to hsr by a 10-15min bus, then hsr about 30mins to taichung.
Need hsr tickets can look for me.
Can get cheaper.
Hear from you soon.

Err bro, error here: "hsr about 30mins to Taichung"
Fast one 47mins normal one 1hr leh.
Ops my mistake, you refer to toayuan hsr to tsichung :D

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not try HSR to Taichung, take 1hr to reach. the route is airport mrt - TMS - HSR Taipei - HSR Taichung - take cab reach hotel (200ntd+). Total time I need is 2hr 30 mins to 3 hrs depend on any delay.
This refer to Taipei.
If straight from airport to hsr toayuan to Taichung is a lot faster.

Why do you want to go 1 big round to taipei when taoyuan is just 15min bus ride away...lol. Will recommend HSR too esp with a kid.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to go 1 big round to taipei when taoyuan is just 15min bus ride away...lol. Will recommend HSR too esp with a kid.

Can take a slow pace with kid.
With kids everything or attractions is 1/2 of planned.
Unless they milk coma all the way.

pacetone

Reaction score
Hello everyone, which is your favorite night market to go to in Taipei? I'd just be there for 3 days so scaling it down.. Been to Shilin NM wayy too many times and i find it losing its appeal.

To me all the Taipei night markets are so so only. I like the one at Keelung and also the one at Luodong - Yilan. Fengjia though the biggest - nothing so special.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To me all the Taipei night markets are so so only. I like the one at Keelung and also the one at Luodong - Yilan. Fengjia though the biggest - nothing so special.

廟口夜市
羅東夜市
largest still in 台南
Fengjia too many commercial stuff, just personal thought.

Misery-

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Probably will stick to the hsr way to tai chung. Not too confident my kid can tahan another 2 hrs ride after 4 hrs flight. Haha.

Yeah. With a kid, everything planned is subject to changes. I just came back from taipei 5 nights stay just to get a feel how my kid can cope. Now trying to venture out to other cities.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Probably will stick to the hsr way to tai chung. Not too confident my kid can tahan another 2 hrs ride after 4 hrs flight. Haha.

Yeah. With a kid, everything planned is subject to changes. I just came back from taipei 5 nights stay just to get a feel how my kid can cope. Now trying to venture out to other cities.

Taichung and Tainan are quite good.
Yilan can go by bus.
1 hour or so will get you to luodong.

Misery-

Reaction score
Taichung and Tainan are quite good.
Yilan can go by bus.
1 hour or so will get you to luodong.

Thanks! Will go see see.

Will be in Taiwan for 8 days. My plan is to stay at Taichung for most of the days (5D) and last 3 days at Taipei.

Is it feasible (cost wise & time) to get a driver for day tour in kaohsiung, tainan etc, and back to Taichung in the evening?

Or have to stay over at those places?

Thanks!

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Will go see see.

Will be in Taiwan for 8 days. My plan is to stay at Taichung for most of the days (5D) and last 3 days at Taipei.

Is it feasible (cost wise & time) to get a driver for day tour in kaohsiung, tainan etc, and back to Taichung in the evening?

Thanks!

Are you running road?
Why must go back to taichung to stay every night?
Redundant right?
Besides, Tainan and KHH are in the south, nowhere near taichung within an hour ride.

Misery-

Reaction score
Are you running road?
Why must go back to taichung to stay every night?
Redundant right?
Besides, Tainan and KHH are in the south, nowhere near taichung within an hour ride.

I see. Because of the packing and unpacking of luggages etc. I was thinking to leave all the barang barang in Tai Chung hotel and then go for day tours.

In that case I will need another hotel in the south.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Will go see see.

Thanks!

I understand why you don't want to change hotel so often but Taiwan is very big. Doing day trip to other places then come back to your hotel will be more tiring and rushing. If you havn't book your hotel yet, you can reconsider you plan.
Unless you plan to hire driver for the day trip then it's doable.

You can check out Sun moon lake and Cingjing, both beautiful and relaxing.

pacetone

Reaction score
廟口夜市
羅東夜市
largest still in 台南
Fengjia too many commercial stuff, just personal thought.

Used to like Taiwan night market food but don't know why, they don't entice me anymore. Probably getting old and find that Hong Kong food is more suitable for me now.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Used to like Taiwan night market food but don't know why, they don't entice me anymore. Probably getting old and find that Hong Kong food is more suitable for me now.
Yes i notice more aged ppl prefer HK than TW haha but not sure if its due to night market though

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes i notice more aged ppl prefer HK than TW haha but not sure if its due to night market though

I do a day trip from China Shenzhen to HK, didn't see much but first impression still prefer Taiwan.
HK building are very old and tons of tiongs, they buy like no tomorrow :s13:

pacetone

Reaction score

Not only night market food, their normal breakfast stall - those sandwich, beef noodles, carrot cake, etc also not nice now. I like TW because I like to go to the country side, farms, mountains, rivers, etc and lots of flowers. Very calm and nice but HK still good for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.