[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Typhoon set to hit Taipei.

No leh. I see the typhoon path on cwb, it's barely sideswiping Taipei lor. The northern coastal areas at most experiencing some strong winds only. Not a direct hit.

bubblepop

Reaction score
thanks for sharing!

did you visit the places which I'm planning to visit in Kao Hsiung? in your opinion, did you spend a lot of time traveling from your hotel to those locations?

We stayed at Kindness Hotel at 建国路, just 5 minutes from Kaohsiung train station and mrt. Many food options opposite.
Kindness Hotel
No. 44, Jianguo 3rd Road, Sanmin District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 807
+886 7 287 5566
https://goo.gl/maps/Ty8eb2mbA8E2

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing!

did you visit the places which I'm planning to visit in Kao Hsiung? in your opinion, did you spend a lot of time traveling from your hotel to those locations?

Think all dun know where u going in khh.

sendtolee

Reaction score
thanks for sharing!

Love river, lotus lake it is at Zuoying mrt
dream mall - not eorth unless you like to take the ferry wheel. The newest mall is Taroka mall with a small amusement park.
cijin, cihou fort, starlight tunnel - mrt to sizhiwan then ferry across. Can consider Pier 2 as it is nearby.
ruifeng nm, xinjuejiang nm - 劳工夜市 is better as it is a local night market, not opened everyday.
Mrt is fast, so no problem travelling in kaohsiung.

bubblepop

Reaction score
Think all dun know where u going in khh.

oops paiseh, let me copy and paste again :)

I am planning to visit the following: Love river, lotus lake, dream mall, cijin, cihou fort, starlight tunnel, ruifeng nm, xinjuejiang nm

By the way, I read in one of your post that you prefer to stay near Kao Hsiung HSR. May I know the reason? Thanks.

Last edited:

bubblepop

Reaction score
Love river, lotus lake it is at Zuoying mrt
dream mall - not eorth unless you like to take the ferry wheel. The newest mall is Taroka mall with a small amusement park.
cijin, cihou fort, starlight tunnel - mrt to sizhiwan then ferry across. Can consider Pier 2 as it is nearby.
ruifeng nm, xinjuejiang nm - 劳工夜市 is better as it is a local night market, not opened everyday.
Mrt is fast, so no problem travelling in kaohsiung.

thanks for the advice!

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oops paiseh, let me copy and paste again :)

I am planning to visit the following: Love river, lotus lake, dream mall, cijin, cihou fort, starlight tunnel, ruifeng nm, xinjuejiang nm

By the way, I read in one of your post that you prefer to stay near Kao Hsiung HSR. May I know the reason? Thanks.
Eh... i never say stay near kh hsr leh...
Kh hsr got only a mall, not even near nm.
Kh train station and hsr are both different places.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Typhoon no go Taiwan.
Now went straight for kyushu

Ya, that sharp right turn. My friend go cancel his flight a few days ago already... :s22: Wonder in such case will still be able to claim from travel insurance?

Soft Shell Crab

Reaction score
hello guys, will be going to taiwan in Jan 2018. googled and realise not a so great period to go :(

will be flying in and out of taipei (another mistake).

so far planned to go Koahsiung, kenting for sight seeing and xiaoliuqiu. then to taichung and taipei. is there any recommended directiion i should go with?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, that sharp right turn. My friend go cancel his flight a few days ago already... :s22: Wonder in such case will still be able to claim from travel insurance?

dont think so ... or ur friend may wish to contact his or her travel insurance agent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.