HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Advise for Tainan and kaohsiung Itinerary

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #16

Hi,

Anyone can recommend cheap and good stay in kaohsiung and tainan? Can be either Minsu or Airbnb. Will be Travelling with 2 kids and 5 adults.
While in Kaohsiung I stayed in "Cloud Hotel 云端精致旅馆". Quite good and cheap. A bit small but comfortable. It is within walking distance to Liuhe Tourist Night Market
六合觀光夜市 and Formosa Boulevard Station 高雄美麗島站.

You might want to consider this hotel.
chinhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 07:31 AM   #17
Supremacy Member

Actually public transport in KS and tainan not as good as taipei. Expect a lot of walking to cover the places of interests. Just ensure your mom is ok.
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #18

While in Kaohsiung I stayed in "Cloud Hotel 云端精致旅馆". Quite good and cheap. A bit small but comfortable. It is within walking distance to Liuhe Tourist Night Market

Formosa station a good place to stay? Heard some of my friends recommend staying near here also. Thinking of Booking airbnb around that area
kaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #19

Liuhe is a touristy priced night market.
The locals go to 劳工夜市.
sendtolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 01:33 PM   #20

Formosa station a good place to stay? Heard some of my friends recommend staying near here also. Thinking of Booking airbnb around that area
Formosa is the interchange between 2 mrt lines, just 1 stop from Kaohsiung train station.
sendtolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 01:34 PM   #21

I am not sure if you are referring to Formosa Boulevard Station 高雄美麗島站. As far as I know, it is a nice train station.

I only went there once. So can't really comment if it is the best place. But I would not mind staying there again.
chinhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

Formosa stn is a good place to stay. both trips to KS, I stayed around there. 1st time I stayed in Kindness hotel liuhe, but seems like it has changed hands. There are still a few kindness hotels around the stn as it is a hotel chain. it serves breakfast and supper, including ice cream (i think is hagen daz). highly recommend!

The 2 mrt lines intersect at formosa stn. so it is pretty convenient to go north south east west.
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #23
Banned

went to tainan las decem
Companies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

Chimei Museum in Tainan worth going? I was thinking of 1 night or 2 nights in Tainan. The main attractions are all at Anping District though, anywhere else worth going?
Delsamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #25

We will be making my way to 高雄 on our own after we land in Taoyuan via HSR on 7th Apr

So effectively, we will only be chauffeured for 5 days.
We will then go back to taipei ourselves via HSR again.

4/7日>住宿高雄。

4/8日行程:美麗島捷運站、旗津、駁二特區、打狗英國領事館、西子灣>住宿高雄。

4/9日行程:佛陀紀念館、多納高吊橋、美濃民俗村、月世界地景公園>住宿高雄。

4/10日行程:錫安山、玉井芒果冰、走馬瀨農場>住宿台南。

4/11日行程:北門遊客中心、井仔腳鹽田、四草綠色隧道、千畦種子博物館>住宿台南。

4/12日行程:赤崁樓、安平老街、古堡、奇美博物館、十鼓文化村。
Scoot has flights to both Taoyuan and Kaohsiung. Why fly to Taoyuan and transfer by HSR to Kaohsiung UNLESS you want your elderly mother to try something which Singapore does not have (and might have later IF and WHEN the Singapore-Malaysia HSR becomes a reality)?
Papermate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #26

I am not sure if you are referring to Formosa Boulevard Station 高雄美麗島站. As far as I know, it is a nice train station.

I only went there once. So can't really comment if it is the best place. But I would not mind staying there again.
IMO, staying anywhere near a MRT station is always a good idea.

If you stay near THIS MRT station, you are near to one attraction but not to another, so you need to take the train to that other place. If you stay near THAT MRT station, then you are near to that attaction but not to this attraction. But as long as you are near a MRT station, I think it's already very convenient.

It's like Singapore. As a local, I would advise any tourist who is planning on visiting Singapore that there is NO NEED to stay in a hotel on Orchard Road to be near attractions. A hotel in Chinatown is just as good if it is near the MRT station. For that matter, if someone books Airbnb, I would say even Ang Mo Kio, Hougang, Jurong East etc would be good if it is near a MRT station (but the government does not allow Airbnb rental for HDB flats). You can reach Ang Mo Kio from Orchard Station in less than half an hour, but you save lots between what you pay for a hotel room on Orchard Road and somewhere outside...
Papermate is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.