HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #6361

Hi angdao83

Ya, too bad about the rain, Tomorrow onwards the nights will again become cooler, so take care.
The day was quite okay just a light drizzle all day, just enough to irritate you, dont know whether to open the umbrella or not!!!!
Old 20-12-2006, 11:28 PM   #6362

Would be embarking to Taipei tomorrow.... will update you guys when I'm there~~~~
Old 21-12-2006, 12:21 AM   #6363
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello guys,

I will be going to Taipei on 30th Dec to spend my NY there...

Just some qns:

1) Is there any temples that is a most-go? I wish to visit one or two but dunno which one is worth going

2) I understand now Taipei is in rainy season and i really helpless abt it. With this kind of weather, can we go YMS? And wat cna we do in this kind of weather? I am planning a wet weather iternary now...

3) I will also be photographing stuff here and there with my DSLR. So wwhere is the best place to capture the fireworks or fireworks @ Taipei 101?

4) I am a first time traveller. My friend whom is working @ a travel agency booked EVA Air for me...but it seems to be a e-tik as i only received a receipt and some documents. So how do i check in properly?

5) Hot springs : Do I have to make advance bookings , like a day or 2 before i plan to go there? And any hot spring recommanded for couples and near YMS?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Last edited by gooifier; 21-12-2006 at 11:42 AM..
Old 21-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #6364

Hello guys,

Just some qns:

1) Is there any temples that is a most-go? I wish to visit one or two but dunno which one is worth going
Try Long Shan Si. Cat 2 historical site. Quite nice. My frens kinda like it. We went there on our last day since we were bored of shopping around.

2) I understand now Taipei is in rainy season and i really helpless abt it. With this kind of weather, can we go YMS? And wat cna we do in this kind of weather? I am planning a wet weather iternary now...
It would be troublesome to go ANYWHERE in this kind of weather. You can go YMS but aviod sites where you need to climb too much cos it would be slippery and you definitely wldnt want to be climbing the mountain and carrying an umbrella at the same time. Damn shag. My advice: Skip Meng Huan Pond. Xiao You Keng is nice.

3) I will also be photographing stuff here and there with my DSLR. So wwhere is the best place to capture the fireworks or fireworks @ Taipei 101?
No idea. Need advice frm the seniors here.

4) I am a first time traveller. My friend whom is working @ a travel agency booked EVA Air for me...but it seems to be a e-tik as i only received a receipt and some documents. So how do i check in properly?
No idea. Mine was jetstar. e-ticket printed from the net. no problem checking in at the airport.

Thanks!

Hope my advice helps though. One-cent worth.

Last edited by teewd85; 21-12-2006 at 08:40 AM..
Old 21-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #6365
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello guys,

Just some qns:

Try Long Shan Si. Cat 2 historical site. Quite nice. My frens kinda like it. We went there on our last day since we were bored of shopping around.

It would be troublesome to go ANYWHERE in this kind of weather. You can go YMS but aviod sites where you need to climb too much cos it would be slippery and you definitely wldnt want to be climbing the mountain and carrying an umbrella at the same time. Damn shag. My advice: Skip Meng Huan Pond. Xiao You Keng is nice.

No idea. Mine was jetstar. e-ticket printed from the net. no problem checking in at the airport.

Thanks!

Thanks! Now need more expert to my questions...

upz upz
Old 21-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #6366
Arch-Supremacy Member

Added one more qn reg hot spring
Old 21-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #6367

Hello guys,

Just some qns:

There are some small temples in taipei. one of them at hua xi jie... or if u wan those big wan .. sun moon lake the wen wu miao very popular site.. u can use ur dsl to capture nice picture of the lake or temple... but raining seasons .. not sure u can get the best of it.

Skip... not very sure about the area. raining season may need ur raining equipment to keep u dry??

101 should have fireworks its a annual event there.. places will be crowded. unless u have super good lens.. u can stay away from the heart of the crowd.

your e-ticket should have the fligt info, ur names and amount paid for the tickets or any reference number u have booked.
usually with e-tick jus bring it along to the eva air counter at the airport terminal.. they will issue u ur boarding pass.. remember ur passport must have at least 6 month valid.. else u will not be allow for boarding.

Thanks!

Now you will have Two-cents worth... happy holidays
Old 21-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #6368

Added one more qn reg hot spring
one advice...
dun miss hot spring.. especially winter...
beitou will be the popular spot for spring baths in taipei region.
there are tonnes of hot springs there.. slowly choose which u like..
i like those spa kind.. very relaxing after a long tired walk.

thinking of it.. wish i was there this winter to enjoy the baths .. haha
Old 21-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #6369

one favour from forumers here....

i am looking for some pearl shop in taiwan or taipei... any of you guys happen to passby can get the shop name card?? especially those with traveling with tour agents..

thanks ya.!!!
Old 21-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #6370

Hello guys,

Just some qns:

5) Hot springs : Do I have to make advance bookings , like a day or 2 before i plan to go there? And any hot spring recommanded for couples and near YMS?

Thanks!

Thanks!
Went to Wulai one. Very nice.

Call some Xiao Chuan hotspring or smth like tat.
was recommended by someone here.
i included tat in e itinerary i uploaded.
only NT250. they din limit the duration.
tips:the public pool's facility is way better than private pool in the hotspring.
Old 21-12-2006, 07:00 PM   #6371
Arch-Supremacy Member

Now you will have Two-cents worth... happy holidays
18 kings temple in keelung quite good,u can haf a visit
Old 21-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #6372
Arch-Supremacy Member

something i dun understand about ppl visiting temples in taiwan. if u r really interested in temples, we have a lot here. old ones, new ones, and more variety as architecture are based on bigger region as compared to taiwan. pay them a visit. the grass are not always greener on the other side.

of cos there are diff practices to see. my point is that dun just visit others and neglect ours.
Old 21-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #6373
Arch-Supremacy Member

something i dun understand about ppl visiting temples in taiwan. if u r really interested in temples, we have a lot here. old ones, new ones, and more variety as architecture are based on bigger region as compared to taiwan. pay them a visit. the grass are not always greener on the other side.

of cos there are diff practices to see. my point is that dun just visit others and neglect ours.
in taiwan, some temples r build during the ming dynasty or even earlier,can learn chinese history
some r build in memorial of some big heros..
the history of building the templs is a bit diff from our ancestors
Old 21-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #6374
Arch-Supremacy Member

in taiwan, some temples r build during the ming dynasty or even earlier,can learn chinese history
some r build in memorial of some big heros..
the history of building the templs is a bit diff from our ancestors
i agree. i was simply lamenting on ppl who only think that things are always better in other places. maybe they should ask themselves, after living here for so many years, how many actually have visited the not so famous temples in the city? rich history there as well.
Old 21-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #6375

Planning to go taiwan on for around 5 days is it too much and any place to intro will be living at Si Men Ting....by the way is china air better or jet star... compared the price not much difference...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.