HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

First time heading to taipei and maybe jiufen

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #76
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry u got me confused haha...

"There are no train stn in ximending, only mrt stn." i mean train station and mrt station isnt it the same? still train right? You mean MRT is not a train?
mrt stn is mrt stn
train stn is normal train stn
high speed train stn is high speed train stn

all r different train. u go wrong place, u will end up at wrong location. n the fare for all 3 trains r diffenent
Old 12-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #77
Arch-Supremacy Member

I heard there is high speed rail from Taoyuan to Taipei Main station which opened earlier this yr (or last yr). If that is not possible, the bus is super convenient. About an hour, then take a bus from Taipei Main Station to xmd.

By the way for those going to TW next 2 weeks, weather forecast says mostly rain. So good to plan for wet weather programme if you haven't already done so.
tat is called airport express. not high speed rail.
high speed rail already opened for more than 10yrs
Old 12-10-2017, 03:18 PM   #78

I heard there is high speed rail from Taoyuan to Taipei Main station which opened earlier this yr (or last yr). If that is not possible, the bus is super convenient. About an hour, then take a bus from Taipei Main Station to xmd.

By the way for those going to TW next 2 weeks, weather forecast says mostly rain. So good to plan for wet weather programme if you haven't already done so.
Haizz Sian .....planning next week
George Soros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #79

mrt stn is mrt stn
train stn is normal train stn
high speed train stn is high speed train stn

all r different train. u go wrong place, u will end up at wrong location. n the fare for all 3 trains r diffenent
oh....okay i got to check that out. didnt know got MRT, train and HST.
jnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #80

There are no train stn in ximending, only mrt stn. You can take bus 1819 from airport to taipei main stn and then take mrt (blue line bannan line) to ximen stn that is 1 stn away.

in taipei, i rely mostly on mrt and buses. their public transport is as good as singapore. taking taxi and uber may not be the fastest due to heavy traffic. just my input.
Hmmm I ask a taiwan friend. Mention why need to take bus..just take the airport mrt to TMS then change another train to ximen station.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #81
High Supremacy Member

Hmmm I ask a taiwan friend. Mention why need to take bus..just take the airport mrt to TMS then change another train to ximen station.
PErsonal preference ba.
I still prefer bus.
Cheaper, perhaps faster, but definitely more spacious and no need worry about luggage space.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 02:05 AM   #82

PErsonal preference ba.
I still prefer bus.
Cheaper, perhaps faster, but definitely more spacious and no need worry about luggage space.
oh so taking bus has an allocated luggage space same like those coach kind?

will check that out.
Old 13-10-2017, 07:19 AM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

Also depends on your arrival timing. One thing I don't like about dragging luggage on mrt train is that there's no dedicated space for your luggage and you are squeezing with the local crowds if you arrive during their peak hrs. Imagine our mrt already very squeezy at 6.30pm and you have one group of tourists of 4 all with their own big luggage trying to squeeze into the mrt as well. I feel bad for them actually.

I myself will be arriving in the evening on a Saturday. My hotel oso at XMD, but I sure won't go take mrt from Taipei main station to ximending station. Evening on sat sure means many local crowd on mrt. I don't want to be an inconsiderate tourist.
Ruriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #84

Also depends on your arrival timing. One thing I don't like about dragging luggage on mrt train is that there's no dedicated space for your luggage and you are squeezing with the local crowds if you arrive during their peak hrs. Imagine our mrt already very squeezy at 6.30pm and you have one group of tourists of 4 all with their own big luggage trying to squeeze into the mrt as well. I feel bad for them actually.

I myself will be arriving in the evening on a Saturday. My hotel oso at XMD, but I sure won't go take mrt from Taipei main station to ximending station. Evening on sat sure means many local crowd on mrt. I don't want to be an inconsiderate tourist.
Oh good pointer.i am reaching taipei at 1130am taiwan time. Will that be a good time to take? It's a weekday. Haha..
Old 16-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #85

got 2 questions

1) from taoyuan airport, what is the best mode of transport to ximending station?
Excluding taxis. is there a direct train line from the airport to xmd?

2) Is using uber cheap if i stay in xmd and use uber to go to the famous night markets nearby?
No uber.....
sendtolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 07:08 PM   #86
High Supremacy Member

No uber.....
There is UBER right now.
Just not as many as in Sg.
Wait can be like 10mins for one.
Waited for a ride back in Aug.
Old 16-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #87
High Supremacy Member

Oh good pointer.i am reaching taipei at 1130am taiwan time. Will that be a good time to take? It's a weekday. Haha..
Weekdays ok laz
Old 18-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #88

I reaching around noon tmr. Has gotten my airbnb host to help arrange for 9 seater to his place at 1300ntd. 4 adults + 1 kid + baby pram.

By the way can we bring bak kwa to tw ? My mum wants to give to a friend there.
Thoreldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #89
High Supremacy Member

I reaching around noon tmr. Has gotten my airbnb host to help arrange for 9 seater to his place at 1300ntd. 4 adults + 1 kid + baby pram.

By the way can we bring bak kwa to tw ? My mum wants to give to a friend there.
Rightfully pork product from sg are not allowed even if cooked or BBQ.
Penalty is 3000ntd.
Old 18-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #90

oh....okay i got to check that out. didnt know got MRT, train and HST.
Use the terms metro or subway. These terms are more universal. MRT is the Mass Rapid Transit in Singapore. In HK, the MTR is the Mass Transit Railway. In Bangkok, the BTS is the Bangkok Mass Transit System. In theory, they are the metro / subway which is different from the train (slow, high speed). Trains are usually for long distance. However in Australia, the trains are used in the cities as well as interstates.
g_t2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.