HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hotel accomodations in Taiwan

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #46
Junior Moderator

ya Ximen station is close to the XMD area.

My advice is to stay just outside of the actual XMD area, not in the actual place itself.
Too noisy in XMD itself.

Ximen is quite a convenient place to stay.

Does Ximen station normally refers to XMD area? Shortlisting a few hotels near the station for stay in end April. My parents and my gf so will need 2 rooms.

Riverview suites look very nice. Budget around $100-130 should be just nice.
Hisashiburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 07:19 AM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

ya Ximen station is close to the XMD area.

My advice is to stay just outside of the actual XMD area, not in the actual place itself.
Too noisy in XMD itself.

Ximen is quite a convenient place to stay.
Where would count as outside of XMD area? Is getting around by taxi better than train for a group of 4?
xtwis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where would count as outside of XMD area? Is getting around by taxi better than train for a group of 4?
from airport to xmd area ...
you can take bus 125ntd to taipei main station ...
from there u all can take cab which is less than 100ntd to your hotel in xmd
abt 50 min, no including cab to hotel in xmd about 10+min

if u take bus 30ntd each, then take to taoyuan hsr
then take to taipei hsr, abt 175ntd each person ...
then tms u can cab to hotel in xmd ...
abt 50min , no including cab to hotel in xmd which is abt 10+ min

if u take cab is 1000 ntd
abt 75min
dede1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does Ximen station normally refers to XMD area? Shortlisting a few hotels near the station for stay in end April. My parents and my gf so will need 2 rooms.

Riverview suites look very nice. Budget around $100-130 should be just nice.
yup, ximen station is basically xmd area
Old 26-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #50

Hi All,

Any recommended Hotels that is literally located in the heart of Xi Men Ding? I went to Taiwan once before 2 years back and stayed at Rainbow Hotel. The location was super good though rooms were small but just for sleep so we are fine with it.

Plan to return to Taiwan again and this time still wish to stay at Xi Men Ding area. What other hotels is located in the heart of Xi Men Ding? Which once we get out of hotel, the shopping and food are already visible.

My budget will be SGD$85 or less per night for a room with 2 people.

Thanks in advance!
clara03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All,

Any recommended Hotels that is literally located in the heart of Xi Men Ding? I went to Taiwan once before 2 years back and stayed at Rainbow Hotel. The location was super good though rooms were small but just for sleep so we are fine with it.

Plan to return to Taiwan again and this time still wish to stay at Xi Men Ding area. What other hotels is located in the heart of Xi Men Ding? Which once we get out of hotel, the shopping and food are already visible.

Thanks in advance!
depending on ur travel date
if sun to thu, normally hotel such as go sleep, diary of taipei can cost abt 50+ to 60+ per nite for two with breakfast
if fri to sat, noramlly their price would be abt 90+ to 110+ per nite with breakfast

have stayed before go sleep, diary of taipei, ecfa
all same boss, room concept the same
room size abt 12 to 16m2
typically that is the room side for taiwan hotel ..
even for 4* hotel for inhouse at xmd, is abt 120sgd per nite for two with bf
room size is 16m2

have chosen the three hotels for my taiwan stay, cox their room kinda new, all within 3 to 5 years ...
Old 27-01-2016, 08:21 AM   #52

you can consider swiio hotel
http://en.swiio.com/

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
travellover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 02:11 PM   #53

depending on ur travel date
if sun to thu, normally hotel such as go sleep, diary of taipei can cost abt 50+ to 60+ per nite for two with breakfast
if fri to sat, noramlly their price would be abt 90+ to 110+ per nite with breakfast

have stayed before go sleep, diary of taipei, ecfa
all same boss, room concept the same
room size abt 12 to 16m2
typically that is the room side for taiwan hotel ..
even for 4* hotel for inhouse at xmd, is abt 120sgd per nite for two with bf
room size is 16m2

have chosen the three hotels for my taiwan stay, cox their room kinda new, all within 3 to 5 years ...
inhouse hotel smallest room which is standard double room is 20 sqm not 16 sqm and 120+ sgd excluding taxes and fees. 16 sqm and below mostly are 3 star hotels.
Beefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

inhouse hotel smallest room which is standard double room is 20 sqm not 16 sqm and 120+ sgd excluding taxes and fees. 16 sqm and below mostly are 3 star hotels.
paiseh is 20m2 ...
Have managed to book inhouse at 125sgd inclusive of all taxes last year ...

checking feb this year selected dates, the price is 124.30sgd per nite for two with breakfast , inclusive of all taxes
standard double 20m2
Old 01-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #55

paiseh is 20m2 ...
Have managed to book inhouse at 125sgd inclusive of all taxes last year ...

checking feb this year selected dates, the price is 124.30sgd per nite for two with breakfast , inclusive of all taxes
standard double 20m2
May I suggest next time you also share what are the exact travel dates. Because what we checked is always different. And please share the current rates not the past ones.

Last edited by Beefsteak; 01-02-2016 at 11:44 AM..
Beefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

May I suggest next time you also share what are the exact travel dates. Because what we checked is always different. And please share the current rates not the past ones.
ok noted. based on the feb travel date, is 23 feb to 24 feb 2016.
this rate was found yesterday.
there r chances where diff travel dates would get a different price.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:43 PM   #57

Anyway when i browse muzik hotel ximending at Agoda, it stated late check in after 20:00. Actually what it mean har? keke

It mean i can only check in after 8pm? or still able to check in 3pm etc? abit confused. lol
roadrunner_552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:38 AM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway when i browse muzik hotel ximending at Agoda, it stated late check in after 20:00. Actually what it mean har? keke

It mean i can only check in after 8pm? or still able to check in 3pm etc? abit confused. lol
my understanding is also that
check in at 8pm, since they have already explicitly put that

guess the reason for that is because
maybe the hotel have hourly rates, or they anticipate that a small portion of guest would stay until before 8pm, based on their past records
which maybe due to ppl checking out earlier if their flight is departing at nightt

hence, would usually not book tat room. Cox understand that Taipei hotel very strict. most hotels would only let you check in 3pm, or earliest 1pm, if their hotel policy check in timing is 3pm.
hence if your hotel booking remark puts in 8pm, guess you can only check in earliest 6pm, subject to room availiability.

Last edited by dede1217; 05-02-2016 at 09:41 AM..
Old 05-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #59

my understanding is also that
check in at 8pm, since they have already explicitly put that

guess the reason for that is because
maybe the hotel have hourly rates, or they anticipate that a small portion of guest would stay until before 8pm, based on their past records
which maybe due to ppl checking out earlier if their flight is departing at nightt

hence, would usually not book tat room. Cox understand that Taipei hotel very strict. most hotels would only let you check in 3pm, or earliest 1pm, if their hotel policy check in timing is 3pm.
hence if your hotel booking remark puts in 8pm, guess you can only check in earliest 6pm, subject to room availiability.
Ya lor. Got to look at some other choices liao since i be taking Scoot reaching there damn early. lol
roadrunner_552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #60
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya lor. Got to look at some other choices liao since i be taking Scoot reaching there damn early. lol
jetstar oni 1.05am or 7am depart
tiger is 9am and 12 noon ...
guess u r taking the scoot 1am flight to taipei ?
haha think can book few hours hotel ...
some 3* hotels have hourly rate
last time ask is abt 8sgd per hour ...
eventually we booked one extra nite for one of the rooms, then we just bring oour luggage inside that room, while waiting for 3pm for the rest of the rooms to be ready.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.