prepaid 3g data sim card in taipei

xJuzagalx

Reaction score
Yup, got mine at Taoyuan airport too. All 3 telecos have 3G prepaid Data SIMs. DaGeDa is slightly more expensive for the unlimited data plans BUT are the ONLY one that can provide both telecommunication services & 3G data together.

Meaning to say, with the other telecos, you can only use the net but not the phone. So bo bian, got dageda unlimited 3G + talktime.

Should have gotten the least talk time SIM. Used Email and Watsapp all the way. still have S$10+ left in the card. Note: the value expires in 6mths.

The wadsapp nid to config over there?

gwzc_mk2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going to Taipei this Sat but will reach 8.30am, before Telcos are open. Anyone has leftover 3G prepaid card to sell/loan? Only need to make calls home. Thanks
i have 2 simcards from fareastone, think not much value left liao
just top up then can use le
but the 3G is pay as u use, not unlimited

floresca

Reaction score
Anyone knows if there is any minimum topup for the 5 days dageda data prepaid card? Will the 5 days unlimited data be renewed upon topping up? I'm not sure if you guys get what I mean but I'm going to be there for 9 days, and needs to be able to access emails, so it'll be good if the 5 days data can be "renewed" or extend upon topup or something.. anyyone can enlighten me?

xcalible

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just gotten my dagerda prepaid.. frm wut i understans the person told me that u can call in a hotline to do renewal or visit any convience stall which carry the tol up sevice .. after the 5 days , it will use ur prepaid value . gotten mine for nt$645 . 345 for prepaid sim value n 300 for 5 days unlimited

dashel

Reaction score
reception in taoyuan

Hi,

Would like to asked if anyone has experience the reception quality in taoyuan? how is it?
I have friends over there whom I will be visiting, therefore will be bunking in with them. I know whenever I try calling them on viber or skype, it doesnt really work on their 3g. So im having reservations about their 3g reception...wondering anyone here experienced them?

will be going over for 10 days. will mostly be using whatsapp, googlemaps, viber/skype (or some calling app, any to rec?)

Thanks!

Ahpei

Reaction score
any blackberry prepaid 3g sim card??? wan to use bbm,whatsapp,fb , map and surf net. please advise

highesp

Reaction score
I am very disappointed with Taiwan dageda 3g performance. I live in Taoyuan area and the speed is extremely low (eventhough i have full reception and 3G sign).

Using Iphone 4.

I cannot use it with skype, youtube or any other thing than surfing the web or whatsapp. It is actually quite depressing considering the price...

Speed test: (speednet (dot) net):
These are my results:
0.05 MBits/s Download Speed
0.07 MBits/s Download Speed
Ping: 654 ms

Is this also your experience? I havent been able to test it in Taipei yet, I will probably do that this weekend.

vendetta22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me? I have a qn here... lets say if I get the DGD prepaid mobile broadband 5-day plan.. I whatsapp my friend in SG, will my friend incur any additional charges? From my understanding, it shdn't right?

no, ur friend will not incur any charges even if u call/sms him

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am very disappointed with Taiwan dageda 3g performance. I live in Taoyuan area and the speed is extremely low (eventhough i have full reception and 3G sign).

Using Iphone 4.

I cannot use it with skype, youtube or any other thing than surfing the web or whatsapp. It is actually quite depressing considering the price...

Speed test: (speednet (dot) net):
These are my results:
0.05 MBits/s Download Speed
0.07 MBits/s Download Speed
Ping: 654 ms

Is this also your experience? I havent been able to test it in Taipei yet, I will probably do that this weekend.

U can try to change the APN. What APN setting u using now?

antecpro

Reaction score
hopefully this information will benefit to all, esp 1st timers ... :D

the 3 telco counters at airport : - can tell which is the most popular :)

dageda rates :

chunghwa telecom rates :

fareastone rates :

ah_ch0ng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow they have a actual counter already? :s13:

for info : tw da ge da ish the only 1 with 3G + voice communication with wide coverage in taipei(at least)

RhythmzZz

Reaction score
this is a very good thread!

but does anyone know what is the rate to sms/call back to sg for FarEastTone prepaid card?

NsR

Reaction score
I bought my Taiwan Da Ge Da simcard from XMD area..need to bring passport and IC.
This is for pre paid simcard.

May I know which part of xmt u bought your sim from?
Any shops name or near landmarks? Am at Taiwan bit very hard to buy the so card. Will be going xmt tommrrow

shaoyuan

Reaction score
they have microsim available, i was on the trip to hualien, the guide told me i wont be able to receive 3G connection compare to taipei! so if you are goin to different places in taiwan! she say chunghwa would be better because its the country's telecomm! =D anyway i bought tw dageda! connection not bad, use it for maps, facebook and everything else. connection sucks when i was in hualien only.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.