Tainan recommendations

attitude-Ness

Reaction score
Hi I will be going to Taiwan from 9 to 15 Oct, going to kaohsiung, tainan and then Taipei.

1. What will be the best way to travel from kaohsiung to tainan? Hsr or train? Which one is cheaper?

2. What are some travel spots for tainan?

3. If I buy SIM card at Taoyuan airport, does the coverage covers tainan and kaohsiung?

Thanks!

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

sendtolee

Reaction score
Hi I will be going to Taiwan from 9 to 15 Oct, going to kaohsiung, tainan and then Taipei.

1. What will be the best way to travel from kaohsiung to tainan? Hsr or train? Which one is cheaper?

2. What are some travel spots for tainan?

3. If I buy SIM card at Taoyuan airport, does the coverage covers tainan and kaohsiung?

Thanks!

Cheapest is train and slower.
Tainan food street, the fort.
Mobile coverage almost everywhere...

sendtolee

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. For trains do you have like the name of the stations/ lines to take? I was looking at the maps and was a bit confused with which trains to take.

From Kaohsiung airport, you take the mrt to kaohsiung station. The exit the station and go upstairs to kaohsiung train station. Mrt is underground, trains are ground level.
You can use this to search.
http://twtraffic.tra.gov.tw/twrail/English/e_index.aspx#
Just click on the train station on the right side of screen, select the date, then search.
It give you a list of the train times and travelling times, plus cost.
Faster trains more expensive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.