Taiwan driver Recommendation

xJuzagalx

Reaction score
Book 4 different cab drivers for Feb trip.I prefer booking locally cab drivers for different areas rather than 1 for all.

Mr Lin for 2 days Taichung & Cingjing
Mr Lin lives in Tai chung area,so he known the area quite well. Pricing well considered quite cheap.
2nd day was a standby driver arrange by Mr Lin. Can't rmb his name. Anyway he brought us to extra areas along the way before dropping us at cingjing with no extra charge.

Contact for Mr Lin 林鴻慶:
手機台灣直撥 0920-266276 國外請撥886-920-266276 (wadsapp)
E-MAIL: papa23tw@gmail.compapa23tw@yahoo.com.tw
His Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/papa23tw
From cingjing to hualien we hired Mr Lee, Tiffany 's husband for the road trip.they are quite famous for this route. Mr Lee is very experience in the route, he knows where are all the sharp turns. Feel safe when travelling across the mountain areas with him.

Contact for Mr Lee: +886 (0)937 980512 OR
Mr Lee's Wife Tiffany:Email - tiffany_935lk@yahoo.com.tw
Tiffany 手機號碼 : +886 (0)912 522118(wadsapp)

Booked Meeky Yang for shifen, yeliu trip,the route was not as plan however the trip is quite enjoyable as Mr Yang is knowledgeable of the area.
Contact for Mr Yang: FB https://www.facebook.com/yang.meeky?fref=ts
HP no:+886 (0)921915586 (wadsapp)

Last edited:

andrewsoh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Book 4 different cab drivers for Feb trip.I prefer booking locally cab drivers for different areas rather than 1 for all.
all contact details will update later.
Mr Lin for 2 days Taichung & Cingjing
Mr Lin lives in Tai chung area,so he known the area quite well. Pricing well considered quite cheap.
2nd day was a standby driver arrange by Mr Lin. Can't rmb his name. Anyway he brought us to extra areas along the way before dropping us at cingjing with no extra charge.

From cingjing to hualien we hired Mr Lee, Tiffany 's husband for the road trip.they are quite famous for this route. Mr Lee is very experience in the route, he knows where are all the sharp turns. Feel safe when travelling across the mountain areas with him.

Booked Meeky Yang for shifen, yeliu trip,the route was not as plan however the trip is quite enjoyable as Mr Yang is knowledgeable of the area.

If convenient pls pm their contacts. :) thank you

wudimax

Reaction score
hey guys, sorry, i posted wrong info

1200NT is for 1 way from airport to my hotel. 8 seater

i book both way, so 2400NT in all.

SignificantWink

Reaction score
im traveling with my family to taipei coming april and looking for a driver to hire for our airport transfer as well as one day driving around taipei, any recommendations? I have contacted Meeky and he is unavailable, still awaiting for Mr Lee and Mr Sung's reply....

Preferably someone with whatsapp(so it's easier to liaise when we get there), we can speak english, hokkien and mandarin fluently so we are pretty comfortable with any drivers, no language barrier, please recommend!

Kenso

Reaction score
Meeky fully book till May. He told me yesterday. I book him for tour yesterday. Actually Meeky can also go to other places. He belong to one of the 300 cabbies that is authorized by tourism board for touring Taiwan.

Charcoal C

Reaction score
im traveling with my family to taipei coming april and looking for a driver to hire for our airport transfer as well as one day driving around taipei, any recommendations? I have contacted Meeky and he is unavailable, still awaiting for Mr Lee and Mr Sung's reply....

Preferably someone with whatsapp(so it's easier to liaise when we get there), we can speak english, hokkien and mandarin fluently so we are pretty comfortable with any drivers, no language barrier, please recommend!

Please try to contact Mr. Hu!
Whatsapp: +886 932125360
Email: nikkix@ms93.url.com.tw

galant22

Master Member
Reaction score
tried whatsapp the various drivers mentioned in this thread and only Mr Tsai replied.
he quoted me NT4000 for 2pax full day tour of Taroko Gorge + some other areas in Hualien.

is this a reasonable rate?

rikkurh

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm traveling around taichung on mid april, and i was thinking whether any of you can recommend a driver for 1 day tour.

Contacted Mr Lin, but unfortunately he's not available.

Thanks in advance.

pinky.gem

Reaction score
Back from my taiwan trip. :) :)

Engage MR LIN for my TaiChung trip.
He reached the hotel 15mins earlier. but we were having our breakfast. He told us to take our time and did not rush us. :)

His very friendly and helpful. My polariod camera batt went flat. and i told him i need to get the battery. 7-11 shops did not sell. only those shop that sell camera hv this type of batt.
He helped me go down and asked and buy for me. *THUMB UP*

Around dinner time, he even brought us to a bread shop to buy sandwich and eat. Is very nice !! and he even learn us the discount card to buy the sun biscuits.

All i can said, i have a nice and enjoyable trip with Mr LIN.

noti_hamham

Reaction score
Back from my taiwan trip. :) :)

Engage MR LIN for my TaiChung trip.
He reached the hotel 15mins earlier. but we were having our breakfast. He told us to take our time and did not rush us. :)

His very friendly and helpful. My polariod camera batt went flat. and i told him i need to get the battery. 7-11 shops did not sell. only those shop that sell camera hv this type of batt.
He helped me go down and asked and buy for me. *THUMB UP*

Around dinner time, he even brought us to a bread shop to buy sandwich and eat. Is very nice !! and he even learn us the discount card to buy the sun biscuits.

All i can said, i have a nice and enjoyable trip with Mr LIN.

Hi, may I know whats the places that you went and how much he charge you?
Thanks

xJuzagalx

Reaction score
tried whatsapp the various drivers mentioned in this thread and only Mr Tsai replied.
he quoted me NT4000 for 2pax full day tour of Taroko Gorge + some other areas in Hualien.

For taroko gorge, look for experience driver as u will be travelling on mountain roads which is quite dangerous.

giggs011

Reaction score

exp!! mine was NT2200 for 2 pax full day tour too

太魯閣國家公園一日遊(約6-8小時)
花蓮車站→太魯閣牌樓→砂卡礑步道→長春祠步道→燕子口步道→錐麓大斷崖→九曲洞(目前施工封閉中)→慈母橋→岳王亭→綠水步道→天祥→回花蓮火車站 ,2人費用:2200元/天。如需繞到清水斷崖需加收500元。

我們包車的費用含:車子油資、司機導覽、乘客險。不含餐與門票。
如行程確定,請提早訂車並留下聯絡的電話號碼、中文名字、將要住宿的地方,才算完成訂車的程序。
歡迎包車,預約專線:0935-083-682 (+886-935-083-682)古小姐
0910-673-118 (+886-910-673-118)曾先生
部落格:http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/mom88168

noti_hamham

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm traveling around taichung on mid april, and i was thinking whether any of you can recommend a driver for 1 day tour.

Contacted Mr Lin, but unfortunately he's not available.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I gg to Taichung for 1 day too on 15 April. U? i gt 2 pax here see if we can share cab or nt.:)

galant22

Master Member
Reaction score
exp!! mine was NT2200 for 2 pax full day tour too

太魯閣國家公園一日遊(約6-8小時)
花蓮車站→太魯閣牌樓→砂卡礑步道→長春祠步道→燕子口步道→錐麓大斷崖→九曲洞(目前施工封閉中)→慈母橋→岳王亭→綠水步道→天祥→回花蓮火車站 ,2人費用:2200元/天。如需繞到清水斷崖需加收500元。

我們包車的費用含:車子油資、司機導覽、乘客險。不含餐與門票。
如行程確定,請提早訂車並留下聯絡的電話號碼、中文名字、將要住宿的地方,才算完成訂車的程序。
歡迎包車,預約專線:0935-083-682 (+886-935-083-682)古小姐
0910-673-118 (+886-910-673-118)曾先生
部落格:花蓮觀光計程車---花蓮好好玩! - Yahoo!奇摩部落格

I smsed them both but never gotten any reply from them...

galant22

Master Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine who goes there often for work suggests that i hire a driver off the hotel/train station as the ppls there depended mainly on tourist for a living.

i dun mind this idea but i worry about their prices, helpfulness and friendliness.
in short, i worry about getting a lemon instead.

can expert please advice on my friend's suggestion? how much can this be typically?
also, is it possible to get a driver from the hotel tour desk or such?

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine who goes there often for work suggests that i hire a driver off the hotel/train station as the ppls there depended mainly on tourist for a living.

i dun mind this idea but i worry about their prices, helpfulness and friendliness.
in short, i worry about getting a lemon instead.

can expert please advice on my friend's suggestion? how much can this be typically?
also, is it possible to get a driver from the hotel tour desk or such?
if u insist getting a driver or rather say,tat place tat u r goin need a driver,
I would suggest u go for those drivers tat is recommend by us. as these drivers r tested n proved by us(since most/all of r had use their service b4)

I would really recommend using those drivers outside train stn or recommend by the hotel unless u know the market price very well or u r very knowledgeable in TW n Tw cultures.
no doubt, these drivers depen on tourist very much but u r getting a lemon(as wat u mentioned). even if u use the drivers recommend by the hotel,u oso cant 100% sure if there is a cock up unless u know the hotel staff very well

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.