HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Taiwan Minsu

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #16

Hi, any recommend where to go in Hualien ?

i also will be staying in roseland ..
anything interesting nearby there ?

did u take any tour package from the minsu
Taroko Gorge is must-visit when you are in Hualien. No, did not get the tour package but hire a cab up to Taroko. Tour package cost around NT990pax and the cab is NT2200, so actually does not make a big different for us (2person). It will be better if there's 4 person to share the cab. Can ask the help from the Roseland to hire the cab for you.
v[^o^]v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #17

I just got back from Taiwan not long ago. Got a chance to stay at minsu in Hualien and Taipei. Totally recommend both places!

Roseland B&B Minsu at Hualien
http://www.roseland.com.tw

Mudan House at Taipei
http://www.mudanhouse.com
hi for mudan, how are the location? near to any tour loaction and transport faciliy, say the train or their mrt system?

as for the roseland, other than making call any email to contract them?

thanks
Old 15-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #18

Taroko Gorge is must-visit when you are in Hualien. No, did not get the tour package but hire a cab up to Taroko. Tour package cost around NT990pax and the cab is NT2200, so actually does not make a big different for us (2person). It will be better if there's 4 person to share the cab. Can ask the help from the Roseland to hire the cab for you.
hi, for this taroko, it is one day tour to completed? the cab of 2200 is for two way? other than taroko, any othe place of interest in hua lian?
any bullet train to hualian from taipei?

thanks
Old 16-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, for this taroko, it is one day tour to completed? the cab of 2200 is for two way? other than taroko, any othe place of interest in hua lian?
any bullet train to hualian from taipei?

thanks
no bullet train goes hualien,only railway
tarako gorge can b complete in 1 or 2 days tour
hualien is famous for sightseeing,can go clear water cliff,hot spring,7 star lake
Old 16-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #20

no bullet train goes hualien,only railway
tarako gorge can b complete in 1 or 2 days tour
hualien is famous for sightseeing,can go clear water cliff,hot spring,7 star lake
for tarako, can one move around easy or need tour guide? if take up a guide, how much will it cost?

thanks
Old 16-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

for tarako, can one move around easy or need tour guide? if take up a guide, how much will it cost?

thanks
u can move ard by ur own but need transport
it like a big national park, can move ard by using map but MUST haf transport
local guide from hualien should b ard $2k-$2.5k
Old 16-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #22

This hotel is very famous in Hualian:

http://www.king13.com.tw/main.php

That time i went, all the ppl i asked for directions from gave me reponses like 'oh 国王陛下 ah..' Very nice room at very affordable prices too. They have several packages which you can choose from.

Foods to try in Hualian:

花蓮市週邊美食-公正街包子 花蓮市中山路199之2號
自强夜市 - 第一家烧烤肉串 ---> This is the best bbq I've eaten in my entire life. Their sauce is indescribable.
is this hotel convenient? any attractions near it ? what can i do for a 1 day trip in hua lian ?
reddevils_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #23

u can move ard by ur own but need transport
it like a big national park, can move ard by using map but MUST haf transport
local guide from hualien should b ard $2k-$2.5k
hi, the tour guide of 2k plus come with transport?
Old 16-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, the tour guide of 2k plus come with transport?
ya,the driver usually double up as ur tour guide
Old 16-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #25

hi for mudan, how are the location? near to any tour loaction and transport faciliy, say the train or their mrt system?

as for the roseland, other than making call any email to contract them?

thanks
for mudan, the nearest mrt is 捷運民權西路站 but there's a walk. a small night market around the corner. i think it's quite near confucious temple

for roseland, we booked through phone
Old 16-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #26

Going by cab to Taroko normally last 7-8hours (two-way), food not provided. Cab driver will bring you to buy pack meal or bring you to a small restaurant in Taroko. Normally the cab driver act as tour guide as well, he will drop you at certain stop, make some brief explanation and let you walk on your own as he needs to look after his cab.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #27

Going by cab to Taroko normally last 7-8hours (two-way), food not provided. Cab driver will bring you to buy pack meal or bring you to a small restaurant in Taroko. Normally the cab driver act as tour guide as well, he will drop you at certain stop, make some brief explanation and let you walk on your own as he needs to look after his cab.
you see, i still planning my nov taiwan trip and yet to book and my wife is chasing me to book fast.

my first day reaching taipei with travelling to hualian, i belive by time i reached the minsu, it will be a day gone. so i go for the taroko tour on the second day, i think it should be enough to cover taroko and some other place?. for the 3rd day, what can recommend? the seaworld? worth going? also in hualian, if there any spring bath that 6 year old kid can go too one?

my planning now is once reach taipei, will go to hualian, stay there for 3 night. before i go back to taipei, really want to try the bullet train. so any other places i could go where there is place of interest and the bullet train station is( where i can make way back to taipei via the bullet train).

I am travelling with my wife and 6 yo kid,. thanks
Old 17-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

you see, i still planning my nov taiwan trip and yet to book and my wife is chasing me to book fast.

my first day reaching taipei with travelling to hualian, i belive by time i reached the minsu, it will be a day gone. so i go for the taroko tour on the second day, i think it should be enough to cover taroko and some other place?. for the 3rd day, what can recommend? the seaworld? worth going? also in hualian, if there any spring bath that 6 year old kid can go too one?

my planning now is once reach taipei, will go to hualian, stay there for 3 night. before i go back to taipei, really want to try the bullet train. so any other places i could go where there is place of interest and the bullet train station is( where i can make way back to taipei via the bullet train).

I am travelling with my wife and 6 yo kid,. thanks
relax la bro,settle ur ticket 1st,den sept or early oct den book hotels
ur tour depend on ur flight timing,if u reach early den only possible to reach hualien evening time of else u haf to stay 1 night at tpe n go hualien on the day2
all hot spring temp is at 40deg n above,i not sure ur kid can take it anot
east TW got no bullet train,if u wan try,den can try plan a short round tour...tpe>hualien>green island>kaoshiung>airport
such way,u can try bullet train,go hualien n oso hot spring for ur kid
green island got 1 seabed hot spring, temp not veri hot....
Old 17-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #29

relax la bro,settle ur ticket 1st,den sept or early oct den book hotels
ur tour depend on ur flight timing,if u reach early den only possible to reach hualien evening time of else u haf to stay 1 night at tpe n go hualien on the day2
all hot spring temp is at 40deg n above,i not sure ur kid can take it anot
east TW got no bullet train,if u wan try,den can try plan a short round tour...tpe>hualien>green island>kaoshiung>airport
such way,u can try bullet train,go hualien n oso hot spring for ur kid
green island got 1 seabed hot spring, temp not veri hot....
is it easy to travel from hualian to green island? i went to the web of green island. look like all water sport and seaworld which hualian also have one. that why i decide to give green island a miss. also for kaoxiong, thers is bullet train? ( i surf the web of the train , never see Kaoxiong station le, maybe i miss it, correct me if i am wrong).
for my second part of the tour will be from hualian to places where (perfer there is bullet train station where i can take back to taipie one) any good recommendation? actually wanted to go to the lavender forest,but in nov it is not a good season for lavender farm?
also as you stated, it advisable to book the flight ticket first den, plan the tour and hotel booking and trian booking after? thanks
Old 17-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

is it easy to travel from hualian to green island? i went to the web of green island. look like all water sport and seaworld which hualian also have one. that why i decide to give green island a miss. also for kaoxiong, thers is bullet train? ( i surf the web of the train , never see Kaoxiong station le, maybe i miss it, correct me if i am wrong).
for my second part of the tour will be from hualian to places where (perfer there is bullet train station where i can take back to taipie one) any good recommendation? actually wanted to go to the lavender forest,but in nov it is not a good season for lavender farm?
also as you stated, it advisable to book the flight ticket first den, plan the tour and hotel booking and trian booking after? thanks
green island is a goot place for relaxing n a goot outdoor geograhpy lesson for ur kid.Next the seabed hot spring is oso a rare hot spring in the world, hualien only tarako gorge 7 star lake n clear water cliff is a must tour place,the rest can gif a miss
if u enaged a cabbie for hualien tour,the cabbie sure bring u to these places n can finish within 1 day
kaoshiung bullet train station is intgrated as 1 of the 3, 3 in 1 stations under zuoying station
as east side dun haf bullet train,either u go downwards to taitung n cross over to kaoshiung or haf to go back tpe
early bking of ticket,will help u better in planning,as u know wat time is ur flight,so u know how much time to allocated for ur 1st day n last day
after den,u plan up where to go on wic day liao,den ur hotel will not b a waste
if not,if u last min change itineray,ur hotel will go wasted....
as for the rest,u can bk couple of days b4 flying off or can even pruchase the tic on the day itself such as train/MRT ticket
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.