HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Guide] Printers - Some things you might want to take note of

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2017, 08:57 AM   #16
Master Member

Have u check how much is the toner?
Thanks for the info, i read that HP and Samsung's lase printer built the toner and drum as a single unit meaning that you would need to throw the whole cartridge once there is no ink.

other brands like Brother and Fuji Xerox built the toner and drum separately where you can replace the component separately when there is issue.

I am actually looking to get either the HP LaserJet M227fdw Printer or the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM225 fw as i require auto duplex printing
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 05:57 AM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

I need a black/white auto duplex printer, no need for wireless or all in 1 functions. Reason being that I print notes fairly regularly and the notes are 300+ pages usually. Would like to seek TS and other contributors advice and opinion on the choice of printer and recommendations.

1. Would it be more feasible getting a laser or inkjet printer?

2. Looking for a basic workhorse model that does auto duplex and purely b/w printing. Is the Fuji Xerox P225d a good choice and toner efficient for cost savings?

3. Any other recommended models?

Would seek to purchase during IT fair or expos as I've seen quite a difference in price.
Am using the p225 older model. Nice and reliable printer.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #18

I personally using a brother printer mfc-l2700dw. Very worth it.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:30 PM   #19

I personally using a brother printer mfc-l2700dw. Very worth it.

Same here !
Everett_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:30 PM   #20

Hi all, for laser printers is it better to purchase with separate toner and drums or toner and drums as 1?

Please answer this !
Everett_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #21

Please answer this !
You have to look at the cost.

In conventional laser printers, Drums and Toners are separate entities, i.e. to say that after 3 - 6 toner replacements would that you would then require 1 drum replacement. In some sense, it might be cheaper.

A couple of formulas i typically use to calculate my costs are as follows -

Formula 1:
Toner cost / Toner yield (how many pages it can print) to get cost per page.

Formula 2:
Assumption: 5 toner changes = 1 drum change.
5 x toner cost + 1 drum cost / Total yield (yield of 5 toners)

For your case, if you were to pick an integrated toner and drum - use formula 1. Then compare it with formula 2 for the same page yield for a separate toner - drum printer

hope this helps

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41 AM   #22
Master Member

hwz got an advertorial article on epson ink tanks inkjet printers that prints super super cheap but i've not used!
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.