Where are the monitors brochures?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
More reading on this matter in our guide:-
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feat...-you-need-know-about-hdcp-22-hdmi-20-hevc-uhd

You just need a good quality cable. The rest is marketing.

This is somewhat true. To be able to achieve HDR, the cable that you have matters. The one that has 18Gbps bandwidth will have the label; Certified Premium. That is when the cable is fully capable of transferring 18 Gbps.

Here is the current scenario that I faced. Basically with my previous Certified Premium cable, I was able to activate HDR on the port (LG based UHDTV) which is then connected to my PC. Games like Mass Effect Andromeda works perfectly. But recently, due to my wallmounting, I needed a longer cable to reach my PC. So I bought another Certified Premium cable of the same brand. Due to it being bent a lot cos of the wall mount and having to go through the hole, the cable was not able to carry the full 18 Gbps bandwidth and that in itself has affected the HDR functionality even when it is not even turned on. Basically, my TV will flicker like crazy showing black screen and back to the screen and then black screen again even when I'm not watching any HDR content but am outputting at 4K. I had to lower the 4K display output to just 30Hz and not even 50Hz in order to not get the flicker. Today, my Port Saver came. So I was able to use the port saver to do the bend while my HDMI cable is not being bent as much. This resulted in a much more stable 4K 60Hz with Deep Colour enabled which is LG's term for allowing HDR content to be received on the port.

Don't even try to use a HDMI 'High Speed' cable. Their bandwidth will not be stable enough to carry 4K 60Hz even. That is without even including HDR in the mix. Hope that helps.

Anyway, not long, HDMI 2.1 ports will be available on new TVs and Graphic Cards and consoles and even new players. (Yes. You'll need new players and all for HDMI 2.1) With HDMI 2.1, the difference with HDMI 2.0 is so huge that it will be able to carry the full Chroma 4:4:4. That is why you see a sudden drought of 4K blu rays and even the upcoming monitors being delayed. As all are waiting for the HDMI 2.1 standard. Meaning again, new cables. But because of the ridiculously high bandwidth, I believe even with the cable bent, it should be able to carry the full bandwidth output. So look out for that! :o

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone thinks S2718H still gon be $359 at the next IT show? :(

but i using r9 280 windforce oc.... might not be able to achieve "4K" effect even if i get the set :l
For s2718h.. Any idea price will drop to $359? During march show price $359.. jun show price $439..

D3st1nY85

Reaction score
Any recommendations for gaming monitors? 24/27 inch. using it with gtx 1080 gpu. price not above $800. Non curve screens and not wide screen

pr0dygi

Reaction score
Looking for budget-ish gaming monitor.

24", 1080p, 120/144hz.

No need branded but ideally from known brand. TIA

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Current Dell monitors all 3 years warranty.
No more 5 years

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Akan datang :)
As the days get closer, the more brochures we can reveal.

Retailers are jittery to share the show offers in advance. So the bulk of the brochures will only be put on the live server on the day itself.

Stay tuned :)

Where is Dell brochures
This comex?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.