1.5 day Iteniary

luminicious

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Just want your opinion,
Renting a car for a day from DMK. Do you think it's feasible to do a Ayutthaya-Bridge on the River Kwai-Wat Bang Phra-BKK?

Was thinking of staying near the bridge so first thing in the morning can do Wat Bang Phra before returning the car 1pm in BKK town.

Any hotel recommendations?

bkkjoe

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Just want your opinion,
Renting a car for a day from DMK. Do you think it's feasible to do a Ayutthaya-Bridge on the River Kwai-Wat Bang Phra-BKK?

Was thinking of staying near the bridge so first thing in the morning can do Wat Bang Phra before returning the car 1pm in BKK town.

Any hotel recommendations?

DMK to Ayutthaya is about 1 hour.
Ayutthaya to River Kwai is about 3hr 30mins.
River Kwai in Kanchanaburi to Wat Bang Phra in Nakhon Pathom is another 1hr 15mins.
Wat Bang Phra back to Bangkok about 1 hour.

Possible itinerary in my opinion but watch your time and plan your route well. If your group has someone familiar with the Thai roads, no problem. But if you are depending on GPS, it can be a problem and you might not complete your itinerary. ;)

luminicious

Reaction score
DMK to Ayutthaya is about 1 hour.
Ayutthaya to River Kwai is about 3hr 30mins.
River Kwai in Kanchanaburi to Wat Bang Phra in Nakhon Pathom is another 1hr 15mins.
Wat Bang Phra back to Bangkok about 1 hour.

Possible itinerary in my opinion but watch your time and plan your route well. If your group has someone familiar with the Thai roads, no problem. But if you are depending on GPS, it can be a problem and you might not complete your itinerary. ;)

Hmm yeah... You're right. So now I've changed my itineary... DMK>WBP>Ayutthaya>Kanchanaburi>BKK
Is this better?

I think this will be better if I stay the night in just Kanchanaburi.. Set off say 8am. I'll reach BKK latest by 11am am I right to say so?

Rental is till 1pm... Don't wanna pay the late fees...

bkkjoe

Reaction score
Hmm yeah... You're right. So now I've changed my itineary... DMK>WBP>Ayutthaya>Kanchanaburi>BKK
Is this better?

I think this will be better if I stay the night in just Kanchanaburi.. Set off say 8am. I'll reach BKK latest by 11am am I right to say so?

Rental is till 1pm... Don't wanna pay the late fees...

I think so too.. LP Maha Somchai at WBP fortune telling is good.. Since you are there, you might want to pay him a visit.;)

luminicious

Reaction score
Heheh. Actually I'm new to this LP/Wat thingy lah.
Kinda interested and heard of WBP before, so want to make a visit and take a look lo :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.