5* hotel in bangkok to recommend?

DOGGYCUP

Reaction score
hi guys,

planning a bkk trip this december probably around christmas period. anyone got any 5* hotel to recommend around sukhumvit/pratunam area? usually stay budget hotel at bkk so need recommendations. it's for a special occasion and gonna spend a lot of time in hotel so don't mind paying bit more for accommodation this time round =:p

thanks in advance :D

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

planning a bkk trip this december probably around christmas period. anyone got any 5* hotel to recommend around sukhumvit/pratunam area? usually stay budget hotel at bkk so need recommendations. it's for a special occasion and gonna spend a lot of time in hotel so don't mind paying bit more for accommodation this time round =:p

perhaps price might go up due to special occasion ...
For pratunam area 5* , perhaps you can look at berkeley , amari watergate, renaissance, centara grand centralworld ...
cheapest should be berkeley , others should be at least 120sgd per nite for two at least during offpeak ...

DOGGYCUP

Reaction score
For pratunam area 5* , perhaps you can look at berkeley , amari watergate, renaissance, centara grand centralworld ...
cheapest should be berkeley , others should be at least 120sgd per nite for two at least during offpeak ...

thanks for reply bro. berkeley seems sold out for the dates I'm going. Currently looking at pullman or pullman bkk king power. Anyone stay at AETAS hotel chains before?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for reply bro. berkeley seems sold out for the dates I'm going. Currently looking at pullman or pullman bkk king power. Anyone stay at AETAS hotel chains before?

Pullman grande sukvhumit is good. ..
about 5 min walk to terminal 21 ...
grand millennium in the past

Pullman king power is about 6 min to nearest bts ...
nearer to mbk mall ...

Aetas have aetas lumpini ... review seems better.
near to mrt station ... but not really near to pratunam, centralworld. few stops away... Rooms are bigger than the other one

Aetas bangkok is nearer to novotel ploenchit ...
the hotel should have shuttle tuk tuk to main road if i rmb correctly ...
however, note that pratunam market is about 10 to 15min walk from bts chidlom ...

DOGGYCUP

Reaction score
Pullman grande sukvhumit is good. ..
about 5 min walk to terminal 21 ...
grand millennium in the past

Pullman king power is about 6 min to nearest bts ...
nearer to mbk mall ...

Aetas have aetas lumpini ... review seems better.
near to mrt station ... but not really near to pratunam, centralworld. few stops away... Rooms are bigger than the other one

Aetas bangkok is nearer to novotel ploenchit ...
the hotel should have shuttle tuk tuk to main road if i rmb correctly ...
however, note that pratunam market is about 10 to 15min walk from bts chidlom ...

thanks bro :o aetas bkk (cheapest room) and berkeley (main tower + high floor) is around 400++ for 4 nights. probably gonna choose berkeley. anyone anymore suggestions?

H0cusP0cus

Reaction score
Aetas so so only, small and service wise not so good.

Best hotel I have ever stayed in was Marriott queen's park. Brand new, very grand hotel, top notch service. However location lose out compared to others like intercontinental etc.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aetas so so only, small and service wise not so good.

Best hotel I have ever stayed in was Marriott queen's park. Brand new, very grand hotel, top notch service. However location lose out compared to others like intercontinental etc.

tat hotel atas ... opened less than one year ...
the hotel have discount at eatigo , but timing is those super early type
one nite i guess is about 150sgd at least
location not really good.
nearest bts is at least 15 min walk ... to emporium also at least 15min ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks bro :o aetas bkk (cheapest room) and berkeley (main tower + high floor) is around 400++ for 4 nights. probably gonna choose berkeley. anyone anymore suggestions?

Berkeley room normally big ...
however aetas bkk room also not small, at least 34m2 ... not bad ...

DOGGYCUP

Reaction score
Thanks all who chip in. Berkeley high floor 50+ sqm and only ard 100 per night it's a very good deal. Shall monitor price closely before making booking next week :D

decade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I going in two weeks time, booked compass skyview, anybody stayed b4?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all who chip in. Berkeley high floor 50+ sqm and only ard 100 per night it's a very good deal. Shall monitor price closely before making booking next week :D

The price for luxury room is about that range ...
you can book at agoda ... or from their direct website ...
last year book berkeley, not sure why their direct website price was much cheaper. you can check both sites though ...

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

Pullman at sukhumvit. Its guest friendly too so can bring girl back from cowboy or thermae no problem.

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score

Centara grand centralworld is bad. Super crowded lifts throughout the day. They position room doors very close to each other that you can hear your neighbours slap doors every morning or night. Its actually below the average 5* hotel in Bangkok.

spurman

Reaction score
Ah.... dun forget vie... price might be higher than berkeley but stay is definatelt 1 notch better

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ah.... dun forget vie... price might be higher than berkeley but stay is definatelt 1 notch better

Vie super good. I love my stay in the deluxe suite at Vie a few years back. Room and bed was fantastic, and their bathtub was freaking huge. The only drawback is at night there's nothing much near the hotel. Need to walk quite a bit to get to the street food. The hotel does have free tuktuk to bring you to the nearby malls, but depends on availability.

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would recommended intercontinental and Pullman sukhumvit both are nice hotel that I stayed before. Can try muse.

spurman

Reaction score
My friend stayed pullman kingpower lately and he liked that hotel. Besides their king power shopping too...

rVn_mUfC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like Marriott Marquis,now that they have open the gate that connect to the park, it's just a short walk to Emporium and Emquartier.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.