Any Krabi itinerary to share?

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alamak I thought the access to this beach is a well kept secret to the outsiders. I chanced upon the trail by randomly walking around. A good marker to the start of this trail is the shrine and monkey family :s13:

This beach actually has a guard stationed at the other end (after you descend) to write down your name. This is for crowd control purpose. Highly recommend you stay at this resort if you are looking for some quiet time.

:s13::s13::s13:

I was walking down Ao Nang beach, then wondering where those wooden steps led to. So I just anyhow go and try, at the time I didnt even know its called Pai Plong beach. Haha.

Although some Ang Moh told me Phra Nang beach is better? I didn't go. For those interested, it cost 100 baht to go there by long tail boat, can buy from a booth down at Ao Nang Beach, takes about 15-20mins.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Couple of observations regarding Krabi - the place is quite cheaper than Phuket/Khao Lak. Massage you can get for 250B vs 350-400 in Phuket/Khao Lak. Food is cheaper too. Have not checked transportation because we rented car (was one of the best decisions) and other water related activities but expect to be slightly cheaper.

The town itself does deserve to spend at least couple of nights there and explore it.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
:s13::s13::s13:

I was walking down Ao Nang beach, then wondering where those wooden steps led to. So I just anyhow go and try, at the time I didnt even know its called Pai Plong beach. Haha.

Although some Ang Moh told me Phra Nang beach is better? I didn't go. For those interested, it cost 100 baht to go there by long tail boat, can buy from a booth down at Ao Nang Beach, takes about 15-20mins.

Same man, I was playing with the monkeys then suddenly I saw one climbed up the wooden steps, that's how I found out about it (Thanks monkey!). I didn't know this beach has a name actually, now I know :D

Phra Nang beach at Railey? Yea definitely better than Ao Nang beach. I took the pic below at Phra Nang beach. There is a Princess Cave at the other end which has many wooden penis and I saw one vibrator there :o

11215792_10153532572372835_6538627086947221201_n.jpg

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks delsamor for the sharing

Btw can I rent car when I reach there? How to pump petrol ah?

Heard phi phi island very havoc and need stay overnight, can I book it there too?

For 3G, does airport sells data plan?

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same man, I was playing with the monkeys then suddenly I saw one climbed up the wooden steps, that's how I found out about it (Thanks monkey!). I didn't know this beach has a name actually, now I know :D

Phra Nang beach at Railey? Yea definitely better than Ao Nang beach. I took the pic below at Phra Nang beach. There is a Princess Cave at the other end which has many wooden penis and I saw one vibrator there :o

11215792_10153532572372835_6538627086947221201_n.jpg
Weird i didn't see a single monkey during my stay in Krabi!
Must have been too hot? :s13:

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Heard phi phi island very havoc and need stay overnight, can I book it there too?

:s13: I didnt drive, but i saw my taxi driver refuel. like here they got attendant to help you pump too but the payment is given to the attendant.

Yup while i was exiting the airport, i saw a few booths selling data plans.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score

You are welcome. I didn't know of anyone renting a car there, but tons of ang moh rented scooter to get around. There are petrol station, but not easily found like in Singapore. Have to ask the person you are renting from on this tips.

TBH, I always advise tourist not to drive in Thailand no matter they have experience or not. If the Thai govt release data on road accidents involving foreigners in these beach destination, it will be shocking. Call me kiasi, but after witnessing an accident, you would rather be kiasi than really si.

PP island full moon party is havoc... You can get around PP island by foot or long tail boat.

Weird i didn't see a single monkey during my stay in Krabi!
Must have been too hot? :s13:

Oh you did not see any monkeys at the wooden steps there? I guess i was lucky :D

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody being to phi phi island? Am I able to book a hotel overnight on the spot for 4 pax?

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
TBH, I always advise tourist not to drive in Thailand no matter they have experience or not. If the Thai govt release data on road accidents involving foreigners in these beach destination, it will be shocking.

I twice rented a car in Thailand over last 30 day period. First - in Phuket, secondly at Krabi. Each times I drove around 600-700km over course of 4 days. Renting a car (not a scooter) was the best decision ever ensuring our mobility.

Considering that it was cheap comparing to option to get robbed by taxi mafia (at Krabi it was $27/day with zero liability insurance and at Phuket it was slightly higher - $38/day) I would rent car again in split second. Just need to aware and follow rules:

- Be aware of your surroundings and focus on road
- Don't drive after sunset/at night. This is especially true for Phuket due to so many drunks behind wheels.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shinji did u buy any souvenirs while u were there recently? Any recommendation?

Ehh..there are the waterproof bags that come in various sizes, singlets with singha beer/starbucks logo etc(150baht), polarized sunglasses that cost 299baht only(got myself one! Some 711 sells them,there is a special photo on the rack you can use to check if its polarize), straw hats(170baht), jungle hats(200baht), bowls made from coconuts, bikini(200baht),thai design pyjamas (170baht), quite nice paintings at krabi town night market.

Just rmb to check around the prices.im not that gd at bargaining so you might be able to do better than the prices i quoted above lol. Btw those shops nearer to aonang beach are more expensive i noticed.

younggungho

Reaction score
Hi guys!

4 of us are going on a double date in Krabi in early june! we will be going for abt 6 days. We may be staying at Ao Nang Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa! Do you guys think its a good place to stay for SGD 380 for 5 nights? or got other better places?

thanks!

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

4 of us are going on a double date in Krabi in early june! we will be going for abt 6 days. We may be staying at Ao Nang Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa! Do you guys think its a good place to stay for SGD 380 for 5 nights? or got other better places?

thanks!
Its quite far in from ao nang beach, I'd say about a 15min walk. Not sure bout the June weather, but if its like 38 deg March, walk sure shag.

The boat noodle house near it sells good beef noodles though. :)

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys!

thanks!

Although on google map it may seems not that far (1km+), but I swear walking that road to the beach feels like forever. It doesn't matter if you have no business going to the beach. For tours, they go to your hotel and fetch you. For food, there are plenty around.

If you want to shop at the beachfront or take longtail boat to railey, you can always hop on a songtaew.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's where I stayed during my 7D/6N trip in March. I realise this place hasnt been mentioned in this thread before.

It's called Anawin Bungalows and only cost me 9800 baht for two people, around Sgd30/pax a night. Do note they dont take credit card.

Location: Fantastic. Just off the main shopping road where there's a family mart and 7-11. 3-5mins walk to the beach. A outdoor restaurant 1 min away if you are hungry. Not noisy at night.

Accomodation: This is not a 5* accomodation, its very basic. Its airconditioned, theres a wall mounted fan as well. Plus a bed, a cupboard, a toilet, a tv with bbc,al jazeera, cna. The king size bed is two singles joined together, but its huge. Rooms are clean, room service is available. I left a tip but they didn't take. Hangars are provided. A clothesline is available in the balcony. The balcony is just two chairs and a table where you can sit and feed mosquitoes. Toilet is clean, they provide shampoo and bar soap. I suggest to bring your own. There's no heater, but with the Krabi heat, you won't need it. The wall mounted fan makes some noise if you oscillate it, but it gets cold at night, so I usually turn it off. The windows are shielded to prevent mosquitoes from entering. There are curtains, but you have to close it properly to ensure privacy especially from the sides. No one will have a reason to walk outside your door though, each house has its own front porch.

Facilities: None. If you want swimming pool, just roll to the beach. If you want thai massage, just across the road(200 baht). All available in a short walk.

Breakfast: Breakfast can be ordered at 100 baht, starts at 7am.(I did not try)

Host: Fantastic. His name is Ismail. Very responsive to emails. Over there, he can help you book tours, book cabs, book songtaews. Some tours (like sunset kayak tour 1200baht/pax) he can even get discounts for you. He chalked off 200 baht for me, might have been able to ask more I think. If you're going there clueless, he's the man to arrange stuff for you to do in Krabi.

I highly recommend this place for it's price, location and good host. If you are looking for heated baths, lavender scented rooms, breakfast in bed kind, then definitely not for you. :) I booked through booking.com.

I realise no one mentioned about diving in Krabi as well. So here's my experience.

Diving: I took my Advanced Open Water with Stingray Divers. You can go to their website to check prices, its fixed no bargaining. The instructors are nice and are really thorough, they make sure you read the book and not only that, also answer the questions in the course book before diving. Tons of food is served on board, watermelon, bananas, cornflake, lunch, electrolyte drinks, coffee, hot water for tea, banana muffins. Dive sites wise are near Phi Phi Island, it takes abt 2hrs to reach, there were lots of lion fishes and monray eels to see. They have a wreck dive on Mondays too. Their instructors are mostly Germans, but they speak English too. They share the boat with another dive school called The Dive.

Last edited:

younggungho

Reaction score
How abt Deevana Plaza Krabi? seems like not too bad for location, price and reviews. any nice food and massage place to intro?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.