Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

We_Generation

Reaction score
Anyone make a suit (including vest) for wedding before? Wanted to make a suit that can wear after wedding instead of renting it.

Febbricated

Reaction score
Thank you all for contributing to this forum here.

I'll be heading to BBK this year to make my very 1st suit. I can see that J&S and TW is the most recommended.

I want make a suit and a Gurkha pants.

Considering fabrics from Dormeuil. So the question is where can I source my fabrics?

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for contributing to this forum here.

I'll be heading to BBK this year to make my very 1st suit. I can see that J&S and TW is the most recommended.

I want make a suit and a Gurkha pants.

Considering fabrics from Dormeuil. So the question is where can I source my fabrics?
I will pm you

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have been reading up the last few pages of this thread extensively lately. I will be heading to BKK next week and have really more or less narrowed it down to either J&S or Tailorworx. I have already emailed both JS and TW and both have replied saying that the timeline of 4D3N is definitely doable for them.

Problem is I am still trying having trouble deciding which one to choose as I am looking to tailor quite a significant quantity of at least 6 shirts and 4 pants. Price is indeed a factor given the quantity of clothings i am looking to make but i will need the tailor's expertise to advise on the fittings and measurements of the shirts especially since my shoulders are extremely imbalanced from one another.

As such, any advice on which tailor i should try for? TIA!
I did my suit at TW, because I don't use it that often and don't want to spend too much on it. Service was good and I'm satisfied with the quality. I was told he is closed from Christmas to maybe 2nd week of Jan, do confirm the exact dates and whether he can meet your order on the dates that you are there.

If you are in doubt, make a small quantity first, 1 shirt 1 pants each at J&S and TW so you can compare. Since they have your measurements already, you can always order more when you're in SG and pay a bit of shipping for it to be sent to you in SG.
Rather than make so many and regret if your expectations are not met.

On my next trip, I might make a shirt and pants at J&S so I have a comparison.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Side question, anyone know a service (or can provide one) that ships items from Bangkok to Singapore, looking to try some perfume.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
I did my suit at TW, because I don't use it that often and don't want to spend too much on it. Service was good and I'm satisfied with the quality. I was told he is closed from Christmas to maybe 2nd week of Jan, do confirm the exact dates and whether he can meet your order on the dates that you are there.

If you are in doubt, make a small quantity first, 1 shirt 1 pants each at J&S and TW so you can compare. Since they have your measurements already, you can always order more when you're in SG and pay a bit of shipping for it to be sent to you in SG.
Rather than make so many and regret if your expectations are not met.

On my next trip, I might make a shirt and pants at J&S so I have a comparison.
This is a good suggestion if the guy has a lot of time to go for fittings at both tailors. I did that in my previous trip hence my reviews, however, the two places aren’t really close to each other and that would mean at least 3+3 trips to get all clothes tailored.

in fact, for me it was 4+2 trips and the clothes delivered to my hotel because I ran out of time.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Side question, anyone know a service (or can provide one) that ships items from Bangkok to Singapore, looking to try some perfume.
There are plenty, but from experience, DHL is the fastest because the logistics hub is in Singapore.

iSeezAll

Reaction score
SHIRT FABRICS

*Mother Of Pearl buttons are inclusive on all our shirts. All our shirting fabrics are color fast, yarn dyed, and preshrunk. We do our best to ensure our shirts will have minimum shrinkage after washing and take this into consideration when making your shirts.

Superfine cotton blend – our superfine cotton blend shirt fabrics are the result of polyester and cotton blending in certain proportions. These fabrics provide better strength and durability than those of 100% cotton fabrics and are guaranteed to have the least amount of shrinkage (if any). All our fabrics have high color fastness, are wrinkle resistant, and are ideal for daily workwear and uniforms. Available in light and medium weight, in full ranges of plain and patterned fabrics.
Prices are 1,800 baht

Superior cotton – our collection of superior cotton shirts are 100% cotton and are available in 40/1 and compact 60/1 yarn counts. They have a smooth, light hand feel and come in multiple weave types from oxfords to dobby and twills. We have a huge range of plain and patterned fabrics with some available in special liquid ammonia finishing or silky finishing to enhance the soft hand feel and add wrinkle resistant properties to the fabrics. The superior cotton collection offers great breathability and are excellent value for money daily dress shirts.
Prices are 2,200 baht

Premium cotton – shirting fabrics in this collection are 100% cotton and include selections that have been treated with liquid ammonia or silky finish to ensure a long lasting bright luster, softness, wrinkle resistant properties, and durability. We have an excellent collection of plain and patterned fabrics in multiple weaves. Our yarns are composed of compact 70/1, 80/2-ply and 100/2-ply all of which lend to a smoother, more crisp hand feel and excellent breathability. We stock plains and patterned fabrics in our premium cotton collection and are great for those looking for extra comfort in their daily wear.
Prices are 2,500 baht

Luxury cotton – this is our finest collection of shirting fabrics available in extra-long staple Egyptian cotton 120/2 ply. Shirts in this category have a silky feel and a luxurious luster like no other when worn. Our Egyptian cotton shirting fabrics are durable, extremely comfortable to wear, lightweight and have been treated with special silky finish or liquid ammonia as well. Multiple weaves are available from herringbone, to twills and poplins in plains and patterned fabrics. The luxury cotton is a great choice for those looking for extra distinction in their dress shirts.

All our luxury cotton fabrics come with the label of the mill it is produced from, showcasing its authenticity. Our clients have the option to have this label sewn into their shirts.
Prices are 3,000 baht

Linen - our linen shirting is a great option for those looking for a more casual shirting option. The linens we stock are lightweight, cool, and have moisture absorption capacity that is far superior to that of cotton. Repeated washes make the fabric softer and the durability of its fabric structure ensures it lasts over the years. Our linens are available in a wide range of colors in plain and patterned fabrics.
Prices are 3,000 baht

SUIT FABRICS

*Your choice Mother Of Pearl or Buffalo Horn buttons are inclusive on all our suits as well as the world's best suit lining, "Bemberg," from Japan. All suits are canvassed into the lapels to create a beautiful lapel roll. Milanese buttonholes available by request as well!

All Year Wearability

Basic blend – our economical suiting fabric with wools in the 10% to 20% range, a great choice for those looking for a basic suit that holds great shape and has good structure. Blends in this range are easy to care for with high durability. Various weaves and weights are available as well and is a great fabric choice for those looking for a basic entry level suit.
Suit - 11,000 baht (Breakdown Jacket 8,500, pants 2,500; Vest is an additional 2,500)

Superfine blend – this is our standard level suiting fabric selection that includes wool blends ranging from 45% up to 60%. Our wool blends have a soft hand feel and are comfortable, durable and functional fabrics that pair with microfibers ease of use and care. Light weight to medium weight fabrics are available depending on client’s preference thus making this an excellent choice for suits and professional clothing.
Suit - 13,000 baht (Breakdown Jacket 10,000, pants 3,000; Vest is an additional 3,000)

Superfine blend wool rich – our suiting in this category includes blends of 70% – 85% wool. This represents extremely good value for money as all fabrics have a luxurious hand feel, excellent drape, with the added benefit of durability and reduced wrinkling from the microfiber fabric content. Medium weight fabrics are available in ranges of colors and patterns suitable for all occasions all year round.
Suit - 16,000 baht (Breakdown Jacket 12,000, pants 4,000; Vest is an additional 4,000)

Linen - Our 100% linen suiting fabrics are available in light and medium weights and are an excellent option as summer jackets and pants due its fabric structure. They have a high natural luster, are soft to touch, durable and relatively easy to care for. We stock a complete range of high grade linen fabrics in an assortment of colors from light hues to dark tones.
Suit - 13,000 baht (Breakdown Jacket 10,000, pants 3,000; Vest is an additional 3,000)

Cotton - these fabrics are usually more associated with a casual suit but it has many benefits that wool fabrics do not such as enhanced breathability and water absorption, as well as the benefit of being better suited when worn as separate pieces. Our cotton selections range from light to medium weights and are very suitable for chino trousers to be worn all year round. We stock a full range of colors from khaki to olive to shades of blues and blacks. All our fabrics are colorfast, have prewashed to ensure minimum shrinkage, and have a special soft finishing to ensure maximum comfort and smooth hand feel.
Suit - 13,000 baht (Breakdown Jacket 10,000, Chino pants 3,000; Vest is an additional 3,000)

Pure wool – our collection of 100% merino worsted wools are available from 100s up to 120s. They are extremely fine weaves and have a beautiful sheen resulting in fabrics that have a luxurious feel and look. Our pure wools have great breathability during hot months and keep you warm during winter months. The tight weave helps hold the drape of a suit and with wools, they have the ability to return to its original shape when folded or stretched. Medium and light weight fabrics are available, suitable for all year wearing.
Suit - 19,500 baht (Breakdown Jacket 14,500, pants 5,000; Vest is an additional 5,000)

Wool Silk Linen – our selection of wool, silk and linen blends are great for smart casual jackets and trousers or even less formal full suits. This is a great option for those looking for beautiful fabrics with unique textures and weaves, and are available in patterns ranging from big plaids to solids. Benefits of such a fabric is that you would get the wrinkle-free property of wool, lightweight and breathability of linen and the sheen of silk. Fabrics available in lightweight, great for summer months.
Suit - 21,000 baht (Breakdown Jacket 15,500, pants 5,500; Vest is an additional 5,500)

Italian and English wool and linen – this is our world class suiting section which is used in the tailor houses of big brand names such as Hugo Boss, Prada, Armani, Zegna, and Canali. We source fabrics from many famous mills such as Zegna, Vitale Barberis Canonico, Loro Piana, Drago, and Reda amongst many others. The fineness of these wools available are 110s, 120s, 130s, 140s and 150s in light, medium and heavy weights, as well as specialty Mohair wool fabrics, wool and silk mixture, and linens.

The mills that we stock use only the strictest methods and best wools available in order to create alluring fabrics that look beautiful to the eye and feel even better against the skin. If you would like the ultimate in luxury and functionality then this is your category.

Reda 110s and VBC 110s 25,500 baht (Breakdown Jacket 18,000, pants 7,500; Vest is an additional 7,500)

VBC 130s, Reda 130s, Guabello 130s and Drago 130s 30,000 baht (Breakdown Jacket 20,500, pants 9,500; Vest is an additional 9,500)

Guabello 150's 33,500 Baht (Breakdown Jacket 23,000, pants 10,500 baht; Vest is an additional 10,500 baht)

Loro Piana 42,000 baht (Breakdown Jacket 27,000, pants 15,000; Vest is an additional 15,000)

Are the prices somewhat similar to Crowns?

I don't see many reviews about Crown when searching the thread for 2023 onwards. I'm looking at getting a pure wool suit from Crown for just attending weddings and other kinds of similar events/conferences.

At Crown's, It's listed 16,000 for high wool blends and 22,000 for 100% luxury wools.

Which should I be looking at?

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Prices depend on fabric chosen, construction needed and your relationship with tailor. There isn't a standard price for tailoring because tailoring is a customised item, not a standardised item. You cannot compare a Geely car with a BMW.

I would also say don't be penny wise, pound foolish. Don't pay so cheaply that you get a cheap suit. You get what you pay for and it is ok to pay school fees for trial and error with different tailors a few times till you become an industry expert and settle down on your favourite tailor.

And if one cannot afford tailoring in BKK or Vietnam, then tailoring is really not for you because tailoring is not mass produced item, you need a certain budget for it. If you don't have the budget, forget about tailoring.

I also find it quite stupid to ask for tailoring prices in a forum like this. Why don't you ask the tailors directly? You can ask for feedback on the service, the workmanship but are you going to tailor the same clothes using the same fabrics, same construction, made at the same period as other forummers for an apple to apple comparison on prices?

Last edited:

iSeezAll

Reaction score
Prices depend on fabric chosen, construction needed and your relationship with tailor. There isn't a standard price for tailoring because tailoring is a customised item, not a standardised item. You cannot compare a Geely car with a BMW.

I would also say don't be penny wise, pound foolish. Don't pay so cheaply that you get a cheap suit. You get what you pay for and it is ok to pay school fees for trial and error with different tailors a few times till you become an industry expert and settle down on your favourite tailor.

And if one cannot afford tailoring in BKK or Vietnam, then tailoring is really not for you because tailoring is not mass produced item, you need a certain budget for it. If you don't have the budget, forget about tailoring.

I also find it quite stupid to ask for tailoring prices in a forum like this. Why don't you ask the tailors directly? You can ask for feedback on the service, the workmanship but are you going to tailor the same clothes using the same fabrics, same construction, made at the same period as other forummers for an apple to apple comparison on prices?
Thanks for the reply!

I haven't heard the phrase penny wise, pound foolish for years, but I agree.

It's my first time getting a tailored suit and a few pieces of shirt, so I'm not sure what to expect besides debating between going to Crown or Jesse. I guess I will settle for one and see how it goes in the long term.

GardeniaOverSunshine

Reaction score
I'll be heading to BKK, likely to JS to make my first suit. (Made 3 shirts prior to COVID and had good experience)

On a little bit of a tight budget, can anyone advice if Basic Blend is good enough for Singapore weather (Mainly going to business meetings in SG). If not, which next tier would you recommend? Superfine Blend, Linen, or Cotton for suit?

Also, just curious is it common for people to use suit as a blazer/jacket, to be more flexible in that way. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
You can always wear the jacket of a suit seperately.

I would suggest to use natural fibers for your suit. If you go to places like BKK and can only afford the basic blend, ie fused microfiber suit, I would think it’s better not to tailor and save your money to buy high quality RTW on discounts or clearance instead. Some of them can be available for 20-30% of their original price.
the idea of going BKK for tailoring is to “upgrade” , ie make your money do more, for a higher quality than what you can otherwise afford in Singapore , not go for the lowest quality Just so that you can have tailored clothes.

the idea of value for money is to pay little for clothes that look expensive, not pay even lower for clothes that look cheap.

Anyone agrees with me?

zhouwee84

Reaction score
Hello All,

can someone share the recent price for tailoring a shirt at Jackie’s near NaNa BTS? Looking at wrinkle free material.

thanks

Tormented Soul

Reaction score

I would suggest to use natural fibers for your suit. If you go to places like BKK and can only afford the basic blend, ie fused microfiber suit, I would think it’s better not to tailor and save your money to buy high quality RTW on discounts or clearance instead. Some of them can be available for 20-30% of their original price.
the idea of going BKK for tailoring is to “upgrade” , ie make your money do more, for a higher quality than what you can otherwise afford in Singapore , not go for the lowest quality Just so that you can have tailored clothes.

the idea of value for money is to pay little for clothes that look expensive, not pay even lower for clothes that look cheap.

Anyone agrees with me?
Hello Paladin, hows the price of Empire Tailor compared to JS and TW?

jimbb80

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am visiting Bangkok and in desperate need of some shirts. Can someone recommend some good quality shirt tailors that carry branded fabrics too (Soktas, Thomas Mason etc).

A couple of years ago I tried Crown, J&S, Jhasper Fashion and Pinky Tailor and was not happy with their shirt quality. Plus, they weren’t offering branded fabrics at the time either. J&S service and suites were great though. I read that Paladin brought his own fabrics there and its something I am considering as well for the next trip.

Also I know TET has branded fabrics but I also read here their quality has dropped recently and now they outsource everything which is a shame so will skip them.

In terms of styling I like them slim/fitted if that helps.

Thanks for the help

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyone agrees with me?
any idea if tailorworx suit is fused or half canvassed?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.