Anyone of you bought condo in thailand for rent or stay?

nauhchop

Reaction score
I have 4 units in pattaya and rent them out to ang mohs and russians.
Personally i also rent the unit i am staying.
I have also sold some units which i bought before and sold them during completion for profit.

Basically one can buy land under thai company. No need thai wife. Rental in bkk has low rental returns because price of condos is already speculated. My rental yield avgs between 7-15% for different units i owned. And i don't think many bkk condos can beat this yield.

Currently looking at a big piece of land around 1 rai plus to build a bungalow. Its a personal choice. I can buy the land under a thai company which my lawyer can arrange for me. The land itself is around 10mill thb.

I know a lot of singaporeans and foreigners like bkk. But the traffic in bkk is real bad and years back during big flood, it was hard to move around. Floods like this will happen again like singapore. Resale prices don't hold in bkk, so currently my thai wife is still stuck with her condo in bkk.

However its a personal choice like i said on choosing which part to stay in thailand. The king likes hua hin some of u like bkk, while i like pattaya, some others may like chiang mai, so choose the place u like most.

Last edited:

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 4 units in pattaya and rent them out to ang mohs and russians.
Personally i also rent the unit i am staying.
I have also sold some units which i bought before and sold them during completion for profit.

Basically one can buy land under thai company. No need thai wife. Rental in bkk has low rental returns because price of condos is already speculated. My rental yield avgs between 7-15% for different units i owned. And i don't think many bkk condos can beat this yield.

Currently looking at a big piece of land around 1 rai plus to build a bungalow. Its a personal choice. I can buy the land under a thai company which my lawyer can arrange for me. The land itself is around 10mill thb.

I know a lot of singaporeans and foreigners like bkk. But the traffic in bkk is real bad and years back during big flood, it was hard to move around. Floods like this will happen again like singapore. Resale prices don't hold in bkk, so currently my thai wife is still stuck with her condo in bkk.

However its a personal choice like i said on choosing which part to stay in thailand. The king likes hua hin some of u like bkk, while i like pattaya, some others may like chiang mai, so choose the place u like most.

Tks bro for sharing....

Well, if personally for retired, i prefer other province.. have not decided which one but certainly not bkk.. bkk is a tourist place and yes condo in bkk wont earn much for the rental.

pattaya is nice, colorful.. been there once... and also huahin.. huahin is more quiet and generally things there surprising are expensive... compared to pattaya...

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upz for pegasus bro for his detailed explanation of the buying condo in bkk information.

for me however, i would rather buy landed house in thailand. just got myself a 4million baht House at On-Nut Suvarnabhumi area , which is less than 200k SGD..... but the price of this is I gave up my BTO at Boon Keng (465K SGD) for this house which will be my retirement home already

i will highly recommend those who have thai teerak/faen/wife to settle down in bkk rather than singapore if anyway possible.

PS: I am married to a thai lady with 2 sons , because only thais can buy land

thanks for sharing... yes, if buying landed house with thai name registry it is possible.. but foreigner abit tough unless you own a thai company like the bro mentioned...

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks all the bro for the info.. but more pls..:)

it really helps alot...

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upz for pegasus bro for his detailed explanation of the buying condo in bkk information.

for me however, i would rather buy landed house in thailand. just got myself a 4million baht House at On-Nut Suvarnabhumi area , which is less than 200k SGD..... but the price of this is I gave up my BTO at Boon Keng (465K SGD) for this house which will be my retirement home already

i will highly recommend those who have thai teerak/faen/wife to settle down in bkk rather than singapore if anyway possible.

dee jaung lei :D:D:D

XiaoZen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

bro, then where u stay now?

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
I read that if u buy a house (and land) and register it in the Thai wife's name, you as the foreign spouse, have to sign a paper to say the property belongs to the Thai spouse. May become a problem if the marriage gets into trouble unless u have done a usufruct. Go read up on the thaivisa forum for more info.

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read that if u buy a house (and land) and register it in the Thai wife's name, you as the foreign spouse, have to sign a paper to say the property belongs to the Thai spouse. May become a problem if the marriage gets into trouble unless u have done a usufruct. Go read up on the thaivisa forum for more info.

that's true. Hv to read the clause

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
I love Chiangmai especially from Nov-Jan but hate it during the burning months where the haze is worse than the haze in SG.

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I love Chiangmai especially from Nov-Jan but hate it during the burning months where the haze is worse than the haze in SG.

oh its worst than sg?? OMG...

i heard khao yai is also good!! actually was planning to go khao yai in dec but cldnt get the tickets to fly to bkk

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
Yes, think it is from Feb to April. Once when I was there, visibility was reduced to 100 metres in front of you and a heavy smoky smell lingered. I felt it was worse than the worst hazy day we had in SG last year.

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah i heard about haze in chiangmai.. didnt know its so bad...

i read your blog about purchase of condo in bkk, it is very detailed...thanks... alot of logistics work to be done.. so i presume in the most of the purchase, you have been flying up and down to bkk?

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year haze was 400 PSI. So you mentioned worst means could be even higher?

Is it a yearly thingy in chiangmai?

natas

Reaction score
so now are u PR there? or u just on the employment pass??

may i know what kind of biz? easy to do biz in bkk?

I am in software business.... Business everywhere is the same.

I bought my condo, paid and loan. Just a few steps to the train station. If dun feel like wasting time in jam, will take BTS esp to MBK area. Most weekend, I will be in province or seaside :D

reggaez

Reaction score
bro, then where u stay now?

during school term we will be in SIN, school holidays my wife and kids will be in BKK lor. food, health checkup everything also cheaper in bkk.

well if one thinks that the marriage will one day go into trouble, then that marriage is bound to be in trouble already. moreover the house was paid for with both of us contributing, so i dont see any issues or to second guess my wife on the house.

even IF one day the worst scenario happens, i still have SIN to fall back on because my current HDB is still in my parents and my name ONLY =)

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
Reggaez, apologies don't mean to offend you - my post was to point out the peculiarity of signing the doc stating the thai spouse owns it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.