Ayuthaya... Help!

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's my list of temples that i will visit on my coming ayutthaya trip. Planned to visit 8 temples in total by cycling... guess i should be able to cover all these 8 temples for the whole morning and afternoon.

1.Wat Phu Khao Thong
1.Wat Na Phramen
2.Wat Phra Sri Sanphet
2.Viharn Phra Mongkol Bopitah
3.Wat Phra Mahathat
3.Wat Ratchaburana
4.Wat Yai Chaimongkon
5.Wat Chai Wattanaram

(Same numbering means they are close together)

:D

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Previously, I went on exploration of Ayu; actually I lost my way, but got to where I wanted to go. While losing my way on bike, I discovered many beautiful sights and faces. So, I don't regretted losing my way. Below was what I spent.

Taxi to and from Hua Lamphong - B150
2 way train - B40 (+ B10 bought a bottle of water from little boy selling drink in the train)
Rent motorbike - B150
Petrol - B70 should be more than enough

Temple entrance - B100 maximum. Not all require entrance fees

Natas is right by saying that if you booked from hotel, you will save effort of planning route and also travel in comfort of a taxi. But is B1800 per taxi, not per head right?

so u try before? around how much for the renting of bike

i forgot is B120 or B150, but anyway, its not much different. the bike is a suzuki, auto one, quite well maintained. it's just along a minor street opposite the train station. the auntie very good, teach you how to go here go there so that you can cover the maximum number of sights. when you pump petrol, no need to pump full tank unless you holland very badly. i holland a bit i total use half tank only.

SadApple

Reaction score
i forgot is B120 or B150, but anyway, its not much different. the bike is a suzuki, auto one, quite well maintained. it's just along a minor street opposite the train station. the auntie very good, teach you how to go here go there so that you can cover the maximum number of sights. when you pump petrol, no need to pump full tank unless you holland very badly. i holland a bit i total use half tank only.
bo class 2 licence can rent?

Lawenforcer

Reaction score

so it is easy to travel around there la? maciam langkawi liddat ah?

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bo class 2 licence can rent?
erm.. you just sexposed me.. haha.. i rode there without license.

so it is easy to travel around there la? maciam langkawi liddat ah?
i never go langkawi b4 so dunno how. but ayutthaya not that difficult to travel. many prominent features.

like d3n mentioned, can get ayutthaya map before hand. get yourself oriented so that when you travel, you will know agar where you are on the map rather than searching the entire map inch by inch.

when you rent bike, the shop probably will give you another one which they will draw on to let you know how to move about.

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
erm.. you just sexposed me.. haha.. i rode there without license.

i never go langkawi b4 so dunno how. but ayutthaya not that difficult to travel. many prominent features.

like d3n mentioned, can get ayutthaya map before hand. get yourself oriented so that when you travel, you will know agar where you are on the map rather than searching the entire map inch by inch.

when you rent bike, the shop probably will give you another one which they will draw on to let you know how to move about.

hmmm Im still thinking of book a driver to there or take train then rent a bike there. coz I wan to go to lopburi too.. looking for another monk staying there. anyone know if lopburi is near ayuthaya?

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lopburi is 2 hours from bangkok if you take the 830 train.

I hope this schedule is useful to you.
north.gif

natas

Reaction score
Natas is right by saying that if you booked from hotel, you will save effort of planning route and also travel in comfort of a taxi. But is B1800 per taxi, not per head right?

ya per car not per person...

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow this is useful. is it we see the timing the train will reach the place at wad time wad time downwards?
ya thats right. for eg, the first column, the train leave bkk at 7am and reach ayu at 835am and continue to den chai.

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
ya thats right. for eg, the first column, the train leave bkk at 7am and reach ayu at 835am and continue to den chai.

so there is so many type of train, take which 1 better? so the last train back from ayuthaya to bkk should be 19.12 reach bkk will be 21.10 rite?

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so there is so many type of train, take which 1 better? so the last train back from ayuthaya to bkk should be 19.12 reach bkk will be 21.10 rite?
last time, i took the 830 train, which is quite fast. some trains are ordinary train, which takes longer time. see the 925 one only reach ayu at 1124, nearly 2 hrs. coming back, there are actually more trains than what is listed in the chart because there are train coming from other directions. the chart only shows northern line. last time i came back on the 330 train which is now shown here.

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
last time, i took the 830 train, which is quite fast. some trains are ordinary train, which takes longer time. see the 925 one only reach ayu at 1124, nearly 2 hrs. coming back, there are actually more trains than what is listed in the chart because there are train coming from other directions. the chart only shows northern line. last time i came back on the 330 train which is now shown here.

ohhh so can we choose the fastet train? cant wait to go there haha

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohhh so can we choose the fastet train? cant wait to go there haha
you just need to go to the counter and buy the tickets for the NEXT train that is arriving and bound for bkk. it's really not difficult. last time i blur blur go to the counter and ask what time the train coming, and the person told me 330, then i want to buy the ticket, but sales not open yet. 330 train tickets will only start selling around 3pm iirc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.