Ayuthaya... Help!

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
you just need to go to the counter and buy the tickets for the NEXT train that is arriving and bound for bkk. it's really not difficult. last time i blur blur go to the counter and ask what time the train coming, and the person told me 330, then i want to buy the ticket, but sales not open yet. 330 train tickets will only start selling around 3pm iirc.

ohh okok so morning i go ayuthaya n lopburi by evening come back shud be ok hor

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohh okok so morning i go ayuthaya n lopburi by evening come back shud be ok hor

dun think u got enough time. :) i took the train at 820am and reach ayutthaya ard 945am. then visited 7 temples by cycling (u need to cut down the number of temples or hire a tuk tuk to drive u ard if u want to visit more temples) and finished all ard 530pm. :)

i took a coach back to bkk (about 1hr 45mins), coach stops at northern bus terminal... u can then switch to a metered taxi at the terminal to go back to your hotel or drive u to the nearest BTS (saphan khwai).

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is my biggest regret. i visit all other major temples but never visit this temple..

haha next time go again, :p

i visited the following temples:

Wat Phu Khao Thong
Wat Na Phramen <-- nothing much to see
Wat Phra Sri Sanphet
Viharn Phra Mongkol Bopitah <-- nothing much to see
Wat Phra Mahathat <-- this is the temple that u see in my photo above.
Wat Ratchaburana
Wat Chai Wattanaram

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
dun think u got enough time. :) i took the train at 820am and reach ayutthaya ard 945am. then visited 7 temples by cycling (u need to cut down the number of temples or hire a tuk tuk to drive u ard if u want to visit more temples) and finished all ard 530pm. :)

i took a coach back to bkk (about 1hr 45mins), coach stops at northern bus terminal... u can then switch to a metered taxi at the terminal to go back to your hotel or drive u to the nearest BTS (saphan khwai).

oh liddat ah....i really wanted to go find a monk in lopburi LP Pian.. but lopburi seems like only got him leh. ayuthaya more things to go..haha dilema man. anyway thanks for your help I will see where to go then..

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wat Phu Khao Thong
Wat Phra Sri Sanphet
Wat Ratchaburana
Wat Chai Wattanaram
oh, you didnt go to wat yai chai mongkhol? the homeground of sagat (street fighter)? that one quite nice leh. ya, maybe in the foreseeable future, i might go and visit those i left out.

dnkoyq.jpg

2j43fp2.jpg

Last edited:

Lawenforcer

Reaction score

Wat Phu Khao Thong
Wat Phra Sri Sanphet
Wat Ratchaburana
Wat Chai Wattanaram

u didnt go wat phra kao? and wat chedi daeng?

natas

Reaction score
I going Ayuthaya on 15/9 to visit 9 temples in a day... Anyone wants to join? :D Go morning, back late afternoon. Not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd times n won't be my last time. :D

ming_ri

Reaction score
I going Ayuthaya on 15/9 to visit 9 temples in a day... Anyone wants to join? :D Go morning, back late afternoon. Not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd times n won't be my last time. :D

natas .. me and bf reaching bkk on 16th noon lei. u guys trip until when?? haha if not can go together on 17th or 18th.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh, you didnt go to wat yai chai mongkhol? the homeground of sagat (street fighter)? that one quite nice leh. ya, maybe in the foreseeable future, i might go and visit those i left out.

dnkoyq.jpg

2j43fp2.jpg

its my plan to go... but then its too far away... so give it a miss :(

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
for the 9 temple u guyz mention is there amulet in the temple for rent? and is there any scam around there like the scam at the grandpalace? haha

natas

Reaction score
natas, any idea if rent motorbike is 200baht per hour? what's the rate of getting a personal driver like?? TIA ;)

Renting of bike, I have no idea. But if u a day trip with driver n car is about 1500-1800thb.

mulderang

Master Member
Reaction score
natas, any idea if rent motorbike is 200baht per hour? what's the rate of getting a personal driver like?? TIA ;)

actually can just get a tuk tuk driver from outside the train station. price you really need to haggle one. about 1000b is the first price for a 2-4 hour tour if i remember correctly. Or join a half day tour also.

But you can easily cycle there as it is rather small. if walk forget abt it. But personally i been to angkor and ayuthaya. angkor is more grand, you can easily spend hours in the ruins.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.