bangkok hotel reviews

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah why not if for 1 night or 2 alone may just stay ibis cause of location and price.

will also want to try pullman.

Pullman the one at silom far from bts ... u shld be staying the pullman king power rite ?

unintended

Reaction score
I just stayed at berkeley over the weekend. Managed to get free upgrade from North Tower Premier Family Room to Main Tower Luxury Family Room. I put it under special request for Main Tower when booking online, hehe. They did explain to me during check-in, since luxury room is avail they will upgrade for me free. Usually is no have one haha.

Anyway I think Berkeley is quite good leh, but seems like not very popular in this forum. Room quite nice and downstairs alot of street shopping. Though walking to Platinum mall is abit challenging, have to cross two busy roads, not a big issue though.

Can share the family room is it twin beds? Or 3 single beds? Me booked Berkeley but cos the family room didn't put is in main tower we assume is in north wing which was not advisable to get.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can share the family room is it twin beds? Or 3 single beds? Me booked Berkeley but cos the family room didn't put is in main tower we assume is in north wing which was not advisable to get.

Berkely family room is 1 queen , 1 twin bed.
premier family is north wing ...
luxury family is main wing...
size is 50m2 for both :)

north wing walk to main wing is kinda far, as told by my friends who stayed there before ...

Milo Van

Reaction score
the luxury room I got was 2 queen bed. Can actually sleep 4 people. They also have 1 King and 1 single bed room. I don't think they have 3 single beds, but you can try putting in special request.

If your group has big size person, better to take the King bed + single, will be more comfy. And yes try to ask for main tower room, send them email or try to sweet talk them during check-in.

Main tower rooms are newer and nicer, take the lift down is main entrance and shopping mall. North tower you have to lift transfer at 11th floor and walk there.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the luxury room I got was 2 queen bed. Can actually sleep 4 people. They also have 1 King and 1 single bed room. I don't think they have 3 single beds, but you can try putting in special request.

If your group has big size person, better to take the King bed + single, will be more comfy. And yes try to ask for main tower room, send them email or try to sweet talk them during check-in.

Main tower rooms are newer and nicer, take the lift down is main entrance and shopping mall. North tower you have to lift transfer at 11th floor and walk there.

haha i read the description liao ... luxury is 2 double ...
think no 3 single bed ...

daftjunk

Reaction score
Hotel recommendations

Hello Experts,

Any 5 stars hotels to recommend that's near shopping belt with club access and has a 2 bedroom unit or with connecting rooms? Total number of pax traveling 3 adults + 1 toddler:o

Thanks !!!!

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Experts,

Any 5 stars hotels to recommend that's near shopping belt with club access and has a 2 bedroom unit or with connecting rooms? Total number of pax traveling 3 adults + 1 toddler:o

Thanks !!!!

normally only older hotels have connecting rooms. for 2bedroom can try grand diamond. beside platinum mall shopping center. but no club access ...

Have stayed before at grand mercure.
Is located opposite central plaza.
Stayed their superior room, have connecting rooms.
Think the hotel of 400+ rooms have club room access.
One nite maybe abt 150sgd per nite or more...
Location is good, below is mrt, opposite is central plaza.
Howevver, is not near to siam paragon, platinum mall, centralworld.

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Experts,

Thanks !!!!

Intercon bangkok haha 5 star with connecting room and close by to central world and BTS. :s12::s12::s12:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's near the MRT and ARL right? Location wise not very good :s8:

if you want near mrt , the mrt is just below lo ..
if you wan shopping mall, there is central plaza opposite
if u wan supermarket, have tesco below your hotel, and take one mrt stop to big c extra :)
location wise is good in my opinion.
unless u wan go siam paragon, centralworld, platinum mall lo ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Swissotel nang lat
. Club room.
Breakfast is superb.

shangri la club room breakfast also good.
but limited choice.
their main hall breakfast more choices, have salmon sashimi ...

renaissance , guest can choose the fruit then they will make into fruit juice for you...

mode sathorn have salmon and tuna sashimi and fillet steak, squid black ink spag lol ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Intercon bangkok haha 5 star with connecting room and close by to central world and BTS. :s12::s12::s12:

haha that would be super expensive ...
think their lowest tier room without breakfast is abt 200+sgd per nite
if club room think should be abt 500sgd per nite ?
if two club room is abt 1000sgd per nite ?
lol ...

think must ask the person budget first lol ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It can be quite troublesome when it comes to changing from MRT to BTS cos most of the places I think people are going is usually connected by the BTS and not MRT :s13:

that time i didnt go centralworld and platinum mall.
coz platinum mall mostly is gal stuff ...
for myself is ok to stay there.
coz that time have promotion 40% off rates plus breakfast buffet
per nite is 66sgd
superior room 26m2 with bath tub and connecting rooms :)
usual is abt 100+ per nite :)

depends on where u wanna go ... and also your budget.

bts and mrt can change at bts asoke there, or mo chit bts that area :)
terminal 21 and ctc have both to chagne :0
alternatively, can cab lo ;) if u can wait and no wan walk under the hot sun to train staiton :)

hosehbo?

Master Member
Reaction score
dear bro and sis,

made reservations for hip hotel (ratchada soi 9) at approx 65 per night. decent enough price for a relatively decent size room with bathtub. near mrt also and just behind the night market. been staying there mostly whenever i go bkk. however, will like to venture abit to sukhumvit area.

that area got any hotel with that price point anot ah?

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dear bro and sis,

made reservations for hip hotel (ratchada soi 9) at approx 65 per night. decent enough price for a relatively decent size room with bathtub. near mrt also and just behind the night market. been staying there mostly whenever i go bkk. however, will like to venture abit to sukhumvit area.

try furamaXculsive or citadine maybe able to get that price range.,

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dear bro and sis,

few weeks back, checked the following for my may travel date
admiral premier 4 stars 75sgd per nite with breakfast
38m2 premier room with breakfast

taipan hotel 3.5stars hotel
superior room is 36m2 ... room rate is abt 60+ without breakfast

aspen suites 3.5stars hotel
deluxe room is 33m2 , room rate is abt 60+
both near terminal 21, think abt 5 to 10min walk

merrr111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys not sure if this is the right thread, but for those who have watch movies before in the cinema in bkk, is it in original English or do they dub it to thai?

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
guys not sure if this is the right thread, but for those who have watch movies before in the cinema in bkk, is it in original English or do they dub it to thai?
If the movie is in English, then it will be in English with Thai subtitles.

If it is in Thai, it MAY have English subtitles.

Download the app SF Showtime and Major Movie (for the 2 big cinema chains).

There's a wide range of prices from like B120 to B1,200 (for the super hi-so cinemas like Embassy Diplomat Screens). Discount for Wed.

Dont forget to stand up when the Royal Anthem is played before the movie starts.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

No dubbing. Siam Paragon even has 4D cinemas. Though the price of the ticket actually not cheap.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.