bangkok hotel reviews

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First house renovated about a couple of years ago ...
price is also about 60+ per nite, they have triple room
budacco doesnt have ...

In terms of review and room, would have chosen budacco ...

icic. last time my fren asked me bout pratunam area I not very sure cos dun like to stay there although alot of food once u r out of the hotel.

Golfer

Reaction score
dede1217 and mamboeidos, tks for the feedback!

dede1217, can I check if the room at Arnoma was renovated? Was it abit run down? It was abit worried after reading the tripadvisor comments abt the condition of the room so thought of asking around.

Tks again!

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
icic. last time my fren asked me bout pratunam area I not very sure cos dun like to stay there although alot of food once u r out of the hotel.

first timer going bangkok, when asked around, friends would highly recommend pratunam area, because of the pratunam market there, platinum mall, big c.
the hotel prices there also quite good, about 40+ to 60+ for 3* hotels there new hotels being built there, to attract more tourists.

nowadays seldom stay there, cox if stay around hotels near baiyoke sky hotel, inside the alley, taxi or grab car hardly can go in ... eventually would need to walk out to get a cab...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dede1217 and mamboeidos, tks for the feedback!

dede1217, can I check if the room at Arnoma was renovated? Was it abit run down? It was abit worried after reading the tripadvisor comments abt the condition of the room so thought of asking around.

Tks again!

Would say the lobby was renovated to be quite grand ...
room wise, about the same as the image, for the room that we were given ...

room size for superior supposed to be about 28m2, however felt the room smaller than that of the size stated. seems more like 22m2 ... maybe there is sofa and 2 tables, that made the room quite cramped ... Deluxe was 30m2, not much difference i guess

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
first timer going bangkok, when asked around, friends would highly recommend pratunam area, because of the pratunam market there, platinum mall, big c.
the hotel prices there also quite good, about 40+ to 60+ for 3* hotels there new hotels being built there, to attract more tourists.

nowadays seldom stay there, cox if stay around hotels near baiyoke sky hotel, inside the alley, taxi or grab car hardly can go in ... eventually would need to walk out to get a cab...

True.. When I go with my family, I will bring them stay Pratunam cos they like to shop... But if go with friends, we stay near t21...

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

actually i think is more like most Singaporean only know pratunam this area...

everyone going to bkk i ask them where will they be staying before they can answer me I already know is pratunam area. Ask them y will be the same I can guess is oh becos soi 19 WTM there, platinum mall there beside got massage place, bigC nearby etc. :s22:

But like u said, the transport there is bad and for me and i dun wish to go to bkk and everywhere i turn is Sinkie talking shouting or keep saing cheap cheap cheap

I usually go central mall, Siam, chao phraya or even till Bang na(expert will know y) and the past few trips have been staying at a hotel where usually jap will stay :s13: bit more exp but hey but at chit lom area and walk able to alot of nice malls n near BTS, 7-11, streetfood, great rooftop bar and a very gd massage place. nearby even have super rich exchange lol

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True.. When I go with my family, I will bring them stay Pratunam cos they like to shop... But if go with friends, we stay near t21...

even my mom also do not like platinum mall so If i were to bring them go wont stay there. In fact my whole family same as me dun like to shop at platinum mall:s13:

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Actually so sofitel is nice. Airport train change train direct. We like the lumphini view too.

This CNY, I stay 4hrs overnight at a nearby hotel near DMK $30, better n cheaper than Amari DMK $100ish.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually so sofitel is nice. Airport train change train direct. We like the lumphini view too.

This CNY, I stay 4hrs overnight at a nearby hotel near DMK $30, better n cheaper than Amari DMK $100ish.

wah sofitel over my budget sia... lol unless i paln to stay at hotel all the way.

last time wanted to book bangkok oriental residence but in the end never

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
ya thats y i said most singaporean love there loh..even my grp of fren that went tgt last trip one guy keep complaining say y u dun bk at pratunam. there got soi 19 wtm:s22::s22:

haha.. I feel that the wtm not nice leh and so exp.. madness..

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even my mom also do not like platinum mall so If i were to bring them go wont stay there. In fact my whole family same as me dun like to shop at platinum mall:s13:

Same here ... we normally stay other places such as sathorn or silom or sukhumvit or phrom phrong ... if stay at pratunam if u want take bts, gg ... have to walk 15min at least one way ... or have to take airport link go phya thai to change to bts ...

ratchada area traffic also quite bad, mostly cant get metered taxi there also

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Most singaporeans wont stay sofitel ...
what most singaporeans want is a cheap and good deal ...
especially younger working adults , their hotel budget is usually about 40+ to 60+
since most would say a hotel is just to put ur luggage and sleep. why not save up and go for shopping ...

Perhaps those with family, they would tend to splurge more on hotel , about 80+ to 120+ per nite staying at arnoma , novotel platinum, amari watergate, better location and at least 4* ...

tats my observation based on my friend's trip to bangkok ...

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same here ... we normally stay other places such as sathorn or silom or sukhumvit or phrom phrong ... if stay at pratunam if u want take bts, gg ... have to walk 15min at least one way ... or have to take airport link go phya thai to change to bts ...

ratchada area traffic also quite bad, mostly cant get metered taxi there also

my fren reasoning is that got the bridge build liao so stay at pratunam even better:s13::s22: BTS no issue cos he take grab only....

in the end stay somewhere else, pratunam only go there once to buy the ginger tea at platinum....

have never tried the wtm there before even when alot of Singaporean start to talk bout it.

Sathon and silom wat hotel? wat interesting place around the hotel? street food? night market? shopping mall?

alot of ppl say go bbk shopping mall might as well stay in Sg but i think they r wrong sia... bkk the shopping mall all diff not like SG go any one also DTF, mac, ajisan, etc

Last edited:

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most singaporeans wont stay sofitel ...
what most singaporeans want is a cheap and good deal ...
especially younger working adults , their hotel budget is usually about 40+ to 60+
since most would say a hotel is just to put ur luggage and sleep. why not save up and go for shopping ...

Perhaps those with family, they would tend to splurge more on hotel , about 80+ to 120+ per nite staying at arnoma , novotel platinum, amari watergate, better location and at least 4* ...

tats my observation based on my friend's trip to bangkok ...

for me think cannot leh... usually is 80+ at least cannot be too lok.... but at least look clean n got feel ba... if not feels like a cheapo hotel for ppl to go there n have sax nia

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my fren reasoning is that got the bridge build liao so stay at pratunam even better:s13::s22: BTS no issue cos he take grab only....

in the end stay somewhere else, pratunam only go there once to buy the ginger tea at platinum....

have never tried the wtm there before even when alot of Singaporean start to talk bout it.

Sathon and silom wat hotel? wat interesting place around the hotel? street food? night market? shopping mall?

alot of ppl say go bbk shopping mall might as well stay in Sg but i think they r wrong sia... bkk the shopping mall all diff not like SG go any one also DTF, mac, ajisan, etc

I stay whereever i deem is good and cheap and affordable ...
Sometimes hotels have deals from time to time ...
For example, sathorn area, have stayed at chatrium riverside for 3 with breakfast at $110 ... is expedia deal, because agoda price was $207 for 3 ...

bangkok shopping is cheaper and the malls are few times bigger in size compared to singapore ones... no doubt the fnb inside the mall some are common such as the fast food chains ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me think cannot leh... usually is 80+ at least cannot be too lok.... but at least look clean n got feel ba... if not feels like a cheapo hotel for ppl to go there n have sax nia

My budget normally about 25 per person for 3*
35 to 40sgd per nite for 4*
If need to splurge slightly more for a 5* hotel , because of their deal, would do so

Have stayed at the following hotels:
Amari boulevard , boulevard hotel now, 3 person with breakfast was $102
Amari watergate was about $106 for two pax with breakfast
(during their 48 hours sales - 50% discount) , stay from apr to sep

mode sathorn , executive suite 50m2 w breakfast at $79 for two
renaissance, deluxe 36m2, w breakfast at $160 for three pax ...
swissotel le concorde, w breakfast at $80+ for two
grand diamond no breakfast , junior suite 45m2 at $60+ for two ...

Last edited:

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha.. I feel that the wtm not nice leh and so exp.. madness..

ya singaporean only know how to follow blog nia and the blog also follow another blog:s22:

if explore there r nicer wtm by the road side or outside 7-11 during the night

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My budget normally about 25 per person for 3*
35 to 40sgd per nite for 4*
If need to splurge slightly more for a 5* hotel , because of their deal, would do so

Have stayed at the following hotels:
Amari boulevard , boulevard hotel now, 3 person with breakfast was $102
Amari watergate was about $106 for two pax with breakfast
(during their 48 hours sales - 50% discount) , stay from apr to sep

mode sathorn , executive suite 50m2 w breakfast at $79 for two
renaissance, deluxe 36m2, w breakfast at $160 for three pax ...
swissotel le concorde, w breakfast at $80+ for two
grand diamond no breakfast , junior suite 45m2 at $60+ for two ...

watergate tempted to bk during that promo but all else cannot confirm...
amari boulevard nice anot ah?

mode sathorn hows the hotel? but like not really that convenient ?
renaissance is at chitlom near Hilton ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.