HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

BKK->Korat->KK->Udon-BKK

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

BKK->Korat->KK->Udon-BKK

I planning a driving trip around issan area from 2may to 7may 2012.

Car will be using the free Rent a car Thailand - Thai Rent A Car by Petchburee Car Rent Thailand. 2 day promotion.

I was thinking gg to the issan office to change car every 2 days.

The thing is i'm alone. Anyone will be in issan area during these period?

RSKeisuke likes this.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #2

Car will be using the free Rent a car Thailand - Thai Rent A Car by Petchburee Car Rent Thailand. 2 day promotion.

I'm not there during this period. But this period weather quite hot leh.
Road condition is quite good, mittraphab all the way. 555+
Why not go until nongkhai? Just one hour's drive north of Udon.

suangern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #3

Alamak, won't be home in KKC then. Where will you be staying in Khon Kaen? I can recommend this motel called #1 Place along Mo Chan Uthit Road. 450baht a night. Free wifi and LCD TV. New place, only about 1 yr old.
Azrielsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

I'm not there during this period. But this period weather quite hot leh.
Road condition is quite good, mittraphab all the way. 555+
Why not go until nongkhai? Just one hour's drive north of Udon.

mittraphbab should be expressway number 2 rite? time constraint, if not will tour the whole issan..

i have being to most of issan town le.. now is looking to go places which is quite inaccessible without cars.. korat - phimai town. khonkaen cobra village. etc...
Old 06-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Alamak, won't be home in KKC then. Where will you be staying in Khon Kaen? I can recommend this motel called #1 Place along Mo Chan Uthit Road. 450baht a night. Free wifi and LCD TV. New place, only about 1 yr old.
thanks for the intro.. IST Place Khon Kaen Khon Kaen Thailand - Best discount hotel rates

is this the one?
Old 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #6

No it isn't. You have to follow the google map to find it. It is 3 floors, no lift. Only a reception and rooms. Hope you can find it, since you have a car, because I find that it is cheap and good. Here's 2 photos, excuse the messiness of the room!

You can input this into google: "Mo Chan Uthit Road Mueang Khon Kaen Khon Kaen Thailand".

Wasn't too impressed with Khon Kaen Cobra Village. You want to see "snakes", you can hit RAD and see the the old men leering at the women... hehehe!

A nice place to go is the Sirindhorn Museum in Kalasin. Really nice!

Last edited by Azrielsc; 06-02-2012 at 03:03 PM..
Old 06-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

No it isn't. You have to follow the google map to find it. It is 3 floors, no lift. Only a reception and rooms. Hope you can find it, since you have a car, because I find that it is cheap and good. Here's 2 photos, excuse the messiness of the room!

You can input this into google: "Mo Chan Uthit Road Mueang Khon Kaen Khon Kaen Thailand".

Wasn't too impressed with Khon Kaen Cobra Village. You want to see "snakes", you can hit RAD and see the the old men leering at the women... hehehe!

A nice place to go is the Sirindhorn Museum in Kalasin. Really nice!
IC..

Sirindhorn Museum is the dinosaur excavation site.. i want to go... but dunno have time or not.. i dun want to drive at night.. too scary le..

issan mansion/motel room mostly very affordable. that's why i always like to "escape" from reality in issan..

my 300baht room in udon thani.. 500baht room in korat also quite nice...
Old 06-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #8

IC..

Sirindhorn Museum is the dinosaur excavation site.. i want to go... but dunno have time or not.. i dun want to drive at night.. too scary le..

issan mansion/motel room mostly very affordable. that's why i always like to "escape" from reality in issan..

my 300baht room in udon thani.. 500baht room in korat also quite nice...
Haven't had the chance to stay over in Udon Thani. Only in Korat, where 12th floor was a gentlemen's club. Hahaha! Wifey chose to the place but there wasn't any arguments from me!

Unless you know your routes, its better to stay off the roads at night. There are quite a few areas where the roads are unlit.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #9

mittraphbab should be expressway number 2 rite? time constraint, if not will tour the whole issan..

i have being to most of issan town le.. now is looking to go places which is quite inaccessible without cars.. korat - phimai town. khonkaen cobra village. etc...
yup mittraphab is the highway no. 2.
enjoy your trip!
suangern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #10

I am based in Bkk and always drive to other provinces. Try to avoid night driving esp smaller province. Some roads have no street lamp and pitch dark except yours or incoming headlights, very dangerous. Drive slow because of holes and humps and try to have full tank always.

natas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

Haven't had the chance to stay over in Udon Thani. Only in Korat, where 12th floor was a gentlemen's club. Hahaha! Wifey chose to the place but there wasn't any arguments from me!

Unless you know your routes, its better to stay off the roads at night. There are quite a few areas where the roads are unlit.
pegasus hotel if not wrong.. beside the hotel is a popular issan bar.. U Bar.

any advice on driving for me? beside keeping full tank..
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #12

pegasus hotel if not wrong.. beside the hotel is a popular issan bar.. U Bar.

any advice on driving for me? beside keeping full tank..
Oh yes, Pegasus! Think I told you before.

Keep left always! Overtake and then keep left again. Kopi money usually 200baht, foreigner, I think more.

When you make a U-turn, please turn all the way to the slip road on the opposite lane, before you merge to the 2nd lane. Do not do a sharp U-turn to the 1st lane. 1st lane is usually the fast lane so chances of accidents are higher.

When approaching small towns, please slow down. Sometimes, the TP will place cones closing up the lanes till 1 slow lane, where the TP will wave you through.

Night driving can be stressful, but is similar to driving at night in Malaysia. Be careful and look out for lorries/buses overtaking without so much of a signal. Flashing from opposite lanes usually indicates that you have turned on your highbeams and requests for you to switch off your highbeams.

Cheers!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #13

Khun natas's advice is very sound, avoid driving at night esp small provinces.

Would also like to suggest you have a second wallet for keeping small amount of money, say few hundreds baht, not too little but sufficient to let people believe it's your main wallet, and your driving license. Guys' wallets are very "exposed" when open up. So if wallet is loaded with money, it's very visible. Hope you won't have chance to use this wallet. But if you really do, don't argue, just pay up and move on.
sue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #14

Chk pm for details

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/192149085.png[/IMG][/URL]
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #15

I hope you already booked your ride. They are all booked out for that promotion.

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/192149085.png[/IMG][/URL]
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.