Hotels in Pratunam or Siam better?

BusteR

Reaction score
Pratunam hotel are generally cheaper and near to attractions Platinum Fashion Mall and some are close to BTS like Ratchaprarob station but compared to Siam hotels, which locations better?

Siam area many shopping centers to eat and walk till 10PM where as Platinum close early at 7PM. Also no matter how BIG Platinum mall is, is just 1 mall and some others not so popular ones around.

Should I live Pratunam or Siam 4D 3N vacation? Main aim is to relax and dine good food, shopping secondary but a must.

xiaomi123

Reaction score
Pratunam hotel are generally cheaper and near to attractions Platinum Fashion Mall and some are close to BTS like Ratchaprarob station but compared to Siam hotels, which locations better?

Siam area many shopping centers to eat and walk till 10PM where as Platinum close early at 7PM. Also no matter how BIG Platinum mall is, is just 1 mall and some others not so popular ones around.

Should I live Pratunam or Siam 4D 3N vacation? Main aim is to relax and dine good food, shopping secondary but a must.

Platinum close at 8pm. Depend on what you want. If you want cheap jeans shorts like 1 for SGD4, then Pratunam better. You can find it in Pratunam market (I don't think you can find in Siam)

BusteR

Reaction score
Siam more atas place lol ... pratunam market better .... ctc also cheap :)

really cannot decide sia.

shopping -> Pratunam
food dining -> Siam
Hotel stay where -> ???

1 of my colleague who went 5D/4N told me she and her bf only spent like 1/2 a day and the last day (few hours) at Platinum Mall. plus i saw her FB always post photos of food located at Siam shopping malls.

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shopping -> Pratunam
food dining -> Siam
Hotel stay where -> ???

1 of my colleague who went 5D/4N told me she and her bf only spent like 1/2 a day and the last day (few hours) at Platinum Mall. plus i saw her FB always post photos of food located at Siam shopping malls.

i would stay siam. personally i dont shop at platinum. siam sq got some nice shop.

misssotong

Reaction score
I prefer Siam, nearer to BTS. Can avoid the jams in Bangkok.
I think Siam has more nice little restuarants and cafes.

Just make a day trip to Platinum or Pratunam if you want to shop

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shopping -> Pratunam
food dining -> Siam
Hotel stay where -> ???

You can try platinum mall food court , phad thai around 75b ...
or you can go centralworld restaurants ... have ding tai feng cheaper by 25%
Platinum mall + centralworld can walk until one day lol ...

Siam is MBK (need to bargain) , Siam Paragon (like orchard road)

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MBK went there that time around 8+ to the food court, they are like keeping their things already ... platinum mall closes 7+ if nt wrong, is kinda early ...
pratunam market maybe around 6+ or 7+

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shopping -> Pratunam
food dining -> Siam
Hotel stay where -> ???

I would stay siam too. There are plenty of hotels in siam area.... and they hv night markets too..

Pratunam that area, always very bad traffic.. and noisy.

Siam depend which area.. more quiet ba... prefer siam....

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I prefer Siam, nearer to BTS. Can avoid the jams in Bangkok.
I think Siam has more nice little restuarants and cafes.

Just make a day trip to Platinum or Pratunam if you want to shop

Agreed.... Siam is better:s13::s13:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I think for gals they have more things to buy at pratuam market and platinum mall lol ...

bleonz

Reaction score
I usually choose Pratunam, cos night time till 1-2am...still have plenty of foods on street. For Siam, I think have too but not many.

BusteR

Reaction score
I usually choose Pratunam, cos night time till 1-2am...still have plenty of foods on street. For Siam, I think have too but not many.

1-2am i on bed piak piak liao :s22:
normally will stock some food back to hotel like pizza or donuts etc.

love4gadgets

Reaction score

shopping -> Pratunam
food dining -> Siam
Hotel stay where -> ???

Siam is confirm better in my opinion. Its less crowded and the food there is generally better. Hotel wise you can check out Centara, wrote a review there under Chan W.

Siam hotels reviews

xiaomi123

Reaction score
my last trip 7 days and I shopped in pratunam and centrepoint for 7 days. Never took a cab to anywhere as been there before. Except took a elephant tour for my children

BusteR

Reaction score
just booked lbis hotel siam via agoda 250sgd tax + service included 3N

guess i will have to walk to Pratunam to shop during the day and spend the rest of evening at Siam central area.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.