HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

My Thai Betong trip

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #1

My Thai Betong trip

There is no airport in Beton most travel there by land and it's the nearest Malaysia–Thailand border from Singapore. A small town in southern Thailand with tourist attractions.

1) World's largest mailbox
It used to be located at the Bell Tower intersection of Betong. It was built in 1924 before World War II as the communication post for the townspeople, through the radio implanted on top of the box, and the mail slot below it. At present a new box had been built in a larger size (nine meters tall), and is located at the City Convention Hall (Sala Prachakhom).

2) Piyamit Tunnels
This area is the village of the Thai Development Participants and was once the base of Malaya Communist Division 2. The tunnel was built in three months in 1976, winding through the mountain for about one kilometer, about 50-60 feet wide with multiple entrances. It was used as the air raid shelter and food storage area. At present there is an exhibition about its history including the way of life in the forest. It is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.

3) Betong Hot Springs
Betong Hot Spring is situated at Ban Charo Parai Village, Tambon Tano Mae Ro, about five kilometres before reaching the Betong Town center, turn right from Highway 410 for another eight kilometers into the village. At the hottest spot, eggs are cooked in seven minutes. Hot spring shower is also available. It is believed that hot spring can cure muscle pain and minor skin irritation.

4) Mongkolrit Tunnel
Betong Mongkolrit Tunnel established on Amornrit Road crossing with Pakdeedamrong Road. It is a car tunnel and it is the first mountain of Thailand, It built for support about traffic problems and transportation between the present community with the new community around Iyerberjung.

More photo from my humble blog tripdrive.blogspot.sg

Last edited by davpiyo; 10-11-2012 at 04:13 AM..
davpiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #2

how long u took for the riding trip?? share more abt the riding itinery leh..
got go further to bkk?
i interested but need alot planning right?
bluebluesky16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #3

how long u took for the riding trip?? share more abt the riding itinery leh..
got go further to bkk?
i interested but need alot planning right?
Hi bluebluesky,

It took me 12hr with 8 pit stop with good weather to reach Betong Thai border. I never went any further this is my 1st long distance trip. I plan 1 month before the trip start like maintenance tools and repair kit extra fuel etc... fix up the bike in tip top condition.

Follow the sign when you are on NSE not hard to notice.
JB>KL>Ipoh>Gerik>Pengkalan hulu Petronas>Malaysia-Thai border.

From Johor ride NSE E1 6hour to KL continue to E2 Ipoh ride to Gerik ride to the end of Gerik continue to Pengkalan hulu perak and when reaching the end of Pengkalan hulu Petronas refill fuel and turn right to Betong 7km to reach Malaysia/Thai custom total another 6hour.

In Betong speaking Thai is not a must most people speak Mandarin or Malay due to many Malaysian visitor.
When ever you buy something or pay for food you will be quote in Malaysian ringgit not Thai baht.
If you like to pay Thai baht in Betong $1 ringgit is $10 baht.
So if you are quote $2 ringgit pay baht is $20 baht.

Sorry as I'm not good at describing I will try to answer as much as possible.

Last edited by davpiyo; 10-11-2012 at 04:12 AM..
davpiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #4

Looks great, do you know if there is a train station there? The KTM train preferably?

Thanks!
duh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #5

Looks great, do you know if there is a train station there? The KTM train preferably?

Thanks!
Too bad no train station there the nearest is Yala town 3hr away from Betong.

Old 28-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #6

Hi All,

For those who don't drive or ride there is a video can travel there by bus from SG to Betong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.