HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #466

yes now is changed liao. they will send u a sms when u reach 800mb. dun believe go ahead and buy loh.
Think u got the Happy Internet package where u only have up to 1gb bandwidth at 42mbps and after u exceed , your speed is capped at 384kbps,.

Just check on dtac website and the happy tourist sim package still has unlimited 3G for 7 days . Anyway will see when I'm there next month
nuclear_pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #467
Supremacy Member

Think u got the Happy Internet package where u only have up to 1gb bandwidth at 42mbps and after u exceed , your speed is capped at 384kbps,.

Just check on dtac website and the happy tourist sim package still has unlimited 3G for 7 days . Anyway will see when I'm there next month

thats y i say is misleading. AIS is more clear cut in their prints. and is cheaper to sms and call in thai or back to sg

http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/th/visi...avelersim.aspx

my is definately is the tourist happy sim. i bought from the dtac booth at airport. i double confirm with him liao. it seem that the unlimited 7 days is limited to hi speed for 1gb and low speed of 64kbps after u used the 1gb. nevertheless they will send u a sms when 800mb is used.

i still have the simcard box with me.. wifi is unlimited thou

Last edited by tanjhj; 01-08-2013 at 01:47 PM..
tanjhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #468

thats y i say is misleading. AIS is more clear cut in their prints. and is cheaper to sms and call in thai or back to sg

http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/th/visi...avelersim.aspx

my is definately is the tourist happy sim. i bought from the dtac booth at airport. i double confirm with him liao. it seem that the unlimited 7 days is limited to hi speed for 1gb and low speed of 64kbps after u used the 1gb. nevertheless they will send u a sms when 800mb is used.

i still have the simcard box with me.. wifi is unlimited thou
I have used the dtac happy tourist card the last time I was there , but in anyway will check when I am there next month .. They probably changed something or maybe the dtac staff at the counter was not sure and gave you the wrong card..
nuclear_pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #469
Supremacy Member

I have used the dtac happy tourist card the last time I was there , but in anyway will check when I am there next month .. They probably changed something or maybe the dtac staff at the counter was not sure and gave you the wrong card..
no way, the way that dtac staff handle my hp and the sim card cover has clearly wrote the "tourist happy card" i know he gave the correct one.. i just check my hp sms indeed it writes unlimited 3g but only 1gb at 42mb/s.

just give AIS 299 tourist sim a try
tanjhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #470
Arch-Supremacy Member

no way, the way that dtac staff handle my hp and the sim card cover has clearly wrote the "tourist happy card" i know he gave the correct one.. i just check my hp sms indeed it writes unlimited 3g but only 1gb at 42mb/s.

just give AIS 299 tourist sim a try
I will check it out when i am in Bangkok later this month
Old 03-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #471
Greater Supremacy Member

guys..anyone knows how to "extend" happy tourist 7 days internet?
supposing i am staying 12 days..how to continue from day 8th onwards..?
https://store.dtac.co.th/mobile/irefill?lang=en&go=eshopTopup.topup

quite simple.
popdod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #472

Anyone knows whether the Dtac Happy Tourist SIM really expires after 35 days and cannot be refilled ?

I bought one last month from Bangkok and think it expires mid Aug, but I will be going Phuket again this month and thought of re-using it instead of getting new SIM.
the_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #473

Anyone knows whether the Dtac Happy Tourist SIM really expires after 35 days and cannot be refilled ?

I bought one last month from Bangkok and think it expires mid Aug, but I will be going Phuket again this month and thought of re-using it instead of getting new SIM.
You can top up online via dtac website using cc
MrKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #474

You can top up online via dtac website using cc
Yah I was going to do that before the 35th day but does that extend the card validity and by how long ?

No point topping up if the SIM has a fixed expiry date.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #475

Yah I was going to do that before the 35th day but does that extend the card validity and by how long ?

No point topping up if the SIM has a fixed expiry date.
it will be extended, but not too sure how long, three months from top up date i think, so don't top up too early.
MrKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #476
Greater Supremacy Member

from happy prepaid card guide:

" happy prepaid SIM cards comes with a validity date.
the validity gets extended every time u top up.
if no refill is made within 45 days after the SIM current validity date, the SIM card will expire.

note : maximum accumulation of validity is 90 days. "

~~~~~~~~~~

hope it helps.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #477

Thanks popdod & MrKent !
Old 06-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #478
Greater Supremacy Member

i see a lot mention that when buying dtac happy tourist sim, need to hand the phone to the salesperson to activate. can't it be done by oneself?
u can do it yrself.
but
since I'm paying for it , must well use their service.
no worries I dun think they will scratch ur iPhone or Samsung.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #479
Master Member

Hi guys, I need advice. I am going on a backpacking trip to Thailand, mainly in the remote western and northern parts of Thailand for about 40-45 days.

Questions:

1) Does AIS or dtac actually cover those areas for internet?

2) I will first appear in major city area (Bangkok/Kanchanaburi), disappear into the mountain areas before appearing again in Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai back to Bangkok. Which plan would suit me with unlimited data?

TIA
LonelyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #480
Master Member

Just came back from bkk, not sure if anyone is interested in my dtac tourist sim(for free) ?There is still about 70 thb inside which u can use to make calls or make a top up to extend the life of it.
coey is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.