Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no la coz i visit thailand quite often and its a hassle to keep buying sim cards... just wanna stick to one card.

the next trip u go suggest u approach dtac shop. they will do some trick to top up lots of small amount and the sim will last one year, but dont go in with a randomly registered sim, they will ask you a lot of questions.. so better buy a new sim locally (in thailand) and register under your own if you wanna do that..

buibuisnail

Reaction score
hi crit888, if i need to line taxi coy in thailand for advance booking, do i need to switch to thai prepaid card or use the current line tied to my sg no?
eg if i fly off morrow, i line him today.

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi crit888, if i need to line taxi coy in thailand for advance booking, do i need to switch to thai prepaid card or use the current line tied to my sg no?
eg if i fly off morrow, i line him today.

for line its just like whatsapp, there is no need to register a new number, just use back the current one u are using.. as long you have internet, you have LINE app working

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then buy one will do I guess.. right?

suggest to buy 1 for each person for a enjoyable trip

Reason being once u happen to on tether/hotspot, the receiving phone assume its on wifi, it will do BACKUP / App update and all sorts of big data movement stuff which doesnt happen when using a sim and deplete your data at a fast rate, this always happen at the background unknowingly, leaving you with the slower speed unlimited data. Furthermore, upon tethering/sharing, phone gets hot and battery deplete faster too. And when one person is walking away , the signal becomes weak and no more internet.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
If I am traveling to bkk as well as outside bkk, will any sim card still works or I need to get different sim card for each city? Thanks.

l4m3j0k3r

Reaction score
I got the 7 days Truemove data sim last month and I'm heading down to bkk again end of the month.
What is the most economical option for me? :s11::s11: Top up or get another 7 days data? Thank you! :s12:

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the 7 days Truemove data sim last month and I'm heading down to bkk again end of the month.
What is the most economical option for me? :s11::s11: Top up or get another 7 days data? Thank you! :s12:

least hassle free, buy a brand new dtac sim @ hardwarezone travel bazzar , try out
land straight away use..

save few dollar? run around finding out how to top up? after top up how to activate plan.. nah.. just enjoy your holiday..

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last time went bangkok end may, they have 199b sim card for tourists ///
think is by happy / dtac ...

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last time went bangkok end may, they have 199b sim card for tourists ///
think is by happy / dtac ...

i think still have DTAC 199 card but those has lesser quota maybe 500mb instead of the usual 1.5gb than slow down the speed already, since the price is not much of a difference, usually end user will buy the higher one..

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think still have DTAC 199 card but those has lesser quota maybe 500mb instead of the usual 1.5gb than slow down the speed already, since the price is not much of a difference, usually end user will buy the higher one..

Haha yeap ...
personally would buy 199b
coz one yr go abt 6x ... then if keep buy , then high expenses ...

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha yeap ...
personally would buy 199b
coz one yr go abt 6x ... then if keep buy , then high expenses ...

yeah usually its not sold at the airport or easy places, its at handphone shops or at dtac outlet which have to go into town to get it, so i guess if urgent wanna land than use cannot buy this..

than again thailand sim card is not expensive at all, unlimited, even sg also dont have

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.