Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it worth to get the Singtel roaming data 1GB for $12 or the Changi recommend Thailand Sim card or better to buy in BKK airport the sim card?

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it worth to get the Singtel roaming data 1GB for $12 or the Changi recommend Thailand Sim card or better to buy in BKK airport the sim card?

for $12 sgd u convert to baht. you can get the tourism sim card just at the arrival hall of the airport. 7 days unlimited data. more worth it then singtel.

AIS and truemove not bad.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think truemove the throttle down speed is the fastest amongst the telco. Anyways does anybody know if the 1.5gb throttling resets daily or once u hit 1.5gb the speed drops?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think AIS signal is the best . Read from online sellers , normally they would encourage people to buy ais as their coverage is the best ...

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but then the qoo10 seller put on paper truemove trottle down speed is 128kb whike other 64kb leh...

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think AIS signal is the best . Read from online sellers , normally they would encourage people to buy ais as their coverage is the best ...

I used truemove the last 2 times I was there in 2016. I think the coverage improved a lot.

and also the speed is fast even when i was in hua hin.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
care to share why?

i always use AIS for my bkk trip. nv tried others. but my last use, i felt that it was quite slow. cannot even view IGstories/Snapchat

I used other like true when you outside of bkk. The signal and data quite bad.

At the same time using other phone with ais. Damn shiok. Still get 4g.

I use if in BKK not much difference. But if go other places. Ais seem to be more stable.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In bangkok, not much difference which telecom you are using ...
perhaps maybe when going krabi phuket pattaya, some places not so strong signal ... went pattaya airport before, the signal is super weak ...

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In bangkok, not much difference which telecom you are using ...
perhaps maybe when going krabi phuket pattaya, some places not so strong signal ... went pattaya airport before, the signal is super weak ...

yeah, i went korat, kan, etc. AIS still very reliable.

last time travelling to rayong from korat, tmd i think i use true or dtac. the connection like sh!t. but AIS still good.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, i went korat, kan, etc. AIS still very reliable.

last time travelling to rayong from korat, tmd i think i use true or dtac. the connection like sh!t. but AIS still good.

that's quite rural.

i've been to hua hin with truemove. equally good speed and connection even on the journey there.

I think for touristy places quite safe for all telco. AIS for other areas.

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's quite rural.

i've been to hua hin with truemove. equally good speed and connection even on the journey there.

I think for touristy places quite safe for all telco. AIS for other areas.

so far been using my dtac prepaid 4 - 5 years. no issue with it going to places like hua hin / pattaya / phuket / udon thani / surat thani / koh samui / khon kaen.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi may i know for DTAC, Truemove & AIS 7/8 Days Unlimited Data card, when it state unlimited data, does it means really unlimited data usage for the 7/8 days there? Understand there will be throttling once reach a certain GB. but we can still use it right?

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi may i know for DTAC, Truemove & AIS 7/8 Days Unlimited Data card, when it state unlimited data, does it means really unlimited data usage for the 7/8 days there? Understand there will be throttling once reach a certain GB. but we can still use it right?

yes. once reach a certain amount of GB. It will start to slow down on their internet data speed. However still fine to surf with the speed.

kitkat2

Reaction score

unlimited in thailand always has speed cap, e.g. 4mbps or 10mbps. there is no throttling to fair usage speed and you can use as much as you can.

you can also buy volume based data and you can go as fast as 4g allows you. once you use up the data allowance, you will still have mobile data if within the validity period, but you will be throttled to 64kbps or 128kbps.

you need to read carefully the product description to tell which is which. i find many sim cards are marketed in singapore as unlimited, although they are actually volume based.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.