Recommended Thai Street, Restaurants & Buffets Foods

Beno777

Reaction score
i'm not sure are we talking about the same mk gold. we were at their siam paragon branch when the mall 1st opened in 2006. i believe that's also their 1st and only mk gold (à la carte restaurant) in thailand.

maybe i'm not a suki person, didn't really like the steamboat be it mk's or coca's. even the roast meat are so so. having said that, we do return occasionally for quick bite or vegan diet.

zntog9.jpg

209n02f.jpg

Bro, any more vegan diet/ vegetarian options around bkk to recommend bo?

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
Bro, any more vegan diet/ vegetarian options around bkk to recommend bo?

hmm ... as i'm not a pure vegetarian (but i was raised from young to eat more green than meats. poor family), so my exposure to full veg restaurant is very limited.

we came across one many many years ago called "tamarind cafe" at suk20 or 22!?. it's a fusion vegetarian restaurant and they served avant garde dishes. unfortunately, the place wind up one or two years after we found them.

if you are also not a pure vegetarian like me, you might consider those yam or somtam in thai restaurants. quite a good alternative ... for me at least. :)

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one of my regular after meal indulgence, beware very bad for waist line :D i think it's called khanom tuay (coconut milk custard)
160113%20khanom%20tuay%20-coconut%20milk%20custard_zpsjrfyfg9b.jpg

dlrowehtleah

Reaction score
it does look like kanom tuay but can't confirm (tuay means bowl/cup, so it is literary cup cake in thai). they usually come in 2 sizes, the big one as in the above pic and mini ones. but all kanom tuay that i've encountered have smooth all white top. those in the pics look a tad messy .... were they taken in bkk or other provinces?

in bkk, you can find them at roadside stalls/night markets. some thai "kopi tiam" or thai restaurants also serve kanom tuay. sorry can't give you a pinpoint location as i don't really keep track of them since it's not my fav food. :(

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it does look like kanom tuay but can't confirm (tuay means bowl/cup, so it is literary cup cake in thai). they usually come in 2 sizes, the big one as in the above pic and mini ones. but all kanom tuay that i've encountered have smooth all white top. those in the pics look a tad messy .... were they taken in bkk or other provinces?

in bkk, you can find them at roadside stalls/night markets. some thai "kopi tiam" or thai restaurants also serve kanom tuay. sorry can't give you a pinpoint location as i don't really keep track of them since it's not my fav food. :(

One store that i know has it. Is the well known boat noodle. The brunch at union mall has it.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks nice, where to find this?
you can try boat noodles @ Victory Monument. they usually put 6 pcs on every table. don't need to finish all, just pay for what you eat. best eaten warm .....

i have these in BKK, those greenish bits i think are pandan juice

SBB8888B

Master Member
Reaction score
Do they still have the shark fin at the Chinatown area? What the exact location & the name of the restaurant?

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
look good! trying to find this in BKK but hard to find, is this the only place that has it? Thanks! :o

There's some authentic khao soi shops in Bangkok and they are not very accessible to get to.

The one I tried and like the most is the khao soi at You & Mee, part of Grand Hyatt Erawan. Cost around THB300 but worth it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.