Tipping for massage

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
singaporeans spoiling markets everywhere...those who say should tip at least 100 should go stay usa where tipping is the culture.

i don't commonly see singaporeans tip local taxi driver $1-$2 yet they are tipping $4 at thailand? start with tipping local taxi driver first la...

I normally tell the driver to take whatever coins are left. Of course they are not much based on my fare alone. For me is 1 ride so max also 90 cents but for the driver 10 passengers enough to eat his lunch + dinner.

alexjlinton

Reaction score
No need but appreciated

Tipping is not really part of Thai culture so there's not really a need to. However it is of course appreciated.

Generally speaking I don't tip unless it was particularly good. Say a massage costs 400 bt and it was awesome, a tip of 100 bt would be nice.

Just my thoughts... been in out and out of Thailand for years.

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tipping is up to u but normally i tip 100baht if the service is good

its individual choice to tip...
if really lousy one, no good one, i dun even want to tip them...
i ever met one that massage till fallen asleep most of the times.. and some even chat non stop, so noisy and cant even hv a proper rest with massage

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
its individual choice to tip...
if really lousy one, no good one, i dun even want to tip them...
i ever met one that massage till fallen asleep most of the times.. and some even chat non stop, so noisy and cant even hv a proper rest with massage

I kana one before di di use handphone very du lan till aak to change lady

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i guess most human beings will tip when they feel good and comfy ba.. standard de leh

if massage till unhappy, still hv to tip meh??

Last edited:

keith00

Master Member
Reaction score
KNS, all the kiam siap ppl on top who tip less than 100 Baht
Wah rao eh, massage your fat and smelly body for 1 hr you think easy jod? :look:
The places I go all recommended and good.
Genuine thai message really a lot of patterns the masseur machiam rike do 2-person gymnastics wif you ****.
Minimum I gibe 200 baht

Is there a rule saying "MUST TIPS'?? :s8:
so what if you tip 200B, just because you have a fat n smelly body??
sorry lol, i m thin & NOT smelly, so tips 100B can? :s13:

Its all up to individual, no right or wrong. so please don't comment on others just because you tip more with you fat n smelly body!

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most massage place no rule on compulsory tipping
however is goodwill to tip if u enjoy the massage
normally a 50b should be good in my opinion

having said that, there would be some massage place which requires customer to tip at least 50b, have encountered that before :)
hwoever that was only minority ...

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13::s13: well said bro:s12:

Is there a rule saying "MUST TIPS'?? :s8:
so what if you tip 200B, just because you have a fat n smelly body??
sorry lol, i m thin & NOT smelly, so tips 100B can? :s13:

Its all up to individual, no right or wrong. so please don't comment on others just because you tip more with you fat n smelly body!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.